Page 91 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

Although I will laugh and laugh if the *next* time we see America Chavez she is given *another* retcon origin, and it becomes a running gag.

She's from the multiverse.

She has *all the origins!*

Which of them is true?

Trick question. *All of them!*

('Cause she's collapsed into a single person, and there's actually hundreds of multiversal America Chavezes in there!)

Re: MAC

Haven’t read issue 3 yet, but ugh...those spoilers.

Jeez, once again, Marvel COmics overthinks things but unlike the Cap Marvel retcon, this one SUCKS and tries to demolish everything since Young Avengers

spoilers:
    So America's moms aren't a couple at all? Bite me.
    end of spoilers

Just give America to actual comic people because these book authors just can't get it.

Ewing in an Interview had this to say!

Ewing: As I've said, there's going to be a fair amount of connective tissue. You might spot the Guardians in SWORD, too. And of course, Wiccan and Hulkling are big players in space as well - this is definitely the place to see them in action. Not to mention the place to resolve some lingering questions...

Will he be the 1 to answer the elephant in the room..... Full interview below. B & T get mentioned quite a few times Ewing is a treasure.

https://www.gamesradar.com/al-ewing-...tal-hulk-more/
    Last edited by Journey; 05-05-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

spoilers:
    So America's moms aren't a couple at all? Bite me.
    end of spoilers

They are still a couple, the only change is spoilers:
    them being from the Bronx
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 05-05-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I finally saw someone who seemed to genuinely like the America retcon completely and believe it was the best thing for the character... and of course it turned out to be Tumblr's #1 Gillen hater, LMAO. In general, the vast majority of the online fan reaction has been pretty mixed/negative from what I can tell. The last time there was this much bad talk around MAC was in the Rivera days, so if the attempt was to fix that... it kind of backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Jeez, once again, Marvel COmics overthinks things but unlike the Cap Marvel retcon, this one SUCKS and tries to demolish everything since Young Avengers
    Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Captain Marvel retcon, but I think that one was handled so much better. It didn't feel like it took much away from Carol, and it gave her more layers as a cosmic hero. It opened up the door for broader stories with her. This America retcon, in comparison... it really just feels like taking away her potential. The book even seems to be going as far as to make her less powerful than she was before. I wonder what exactly is in store for her after this if she's not this cosmic powerhouse anymore. That was such a big draw to the character; it's what made her be a part of the Young Avengers/Ultimates and probably what made Kevin Feige want her as a part of Multiverse Of Madness. This grounded approach makes her so much less interesting for these kind of stories now.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ewing in an Interview had this to say!

Ewing: As I've said, there's going to be a fair amount of connective tissue. You might spot the Guardians in SWORD, too. And of course, Wiccan and Hulkling are big players in space as well - this is definitely the place to see them in action. Not to mention the place to resolve some lingering questions...

Will he be the 1 to answer the elephant in the room..... Full interview below. B & T get mentioned quite a few times Ewing is a treasure.

https://www.gamesradar.com/al-ewing-...tal-hulk-more/
    I think the lingering questions are probably about the ending of Empyre, since that was the big question mark that he left for Wiccan and Hulkling. I don't expect the MAC retcon to affect Ewing's plans, honestly, unless he was specifically planning to use her in one of those stories in a way that he can't anymore.

I would love for Ewing to tackle the lingering question about Billy and Tommy's dangling power source. Why are they powered? What is the source? Are they mutants??

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So I finally saw someone who seemed to genuinely like the America retcon completely and believe it was the best thing for the character... and of course it turned out to be Tumblr's #1 Gillen hater, LMAO. In general, the vast majority of the online fan reaction has been pretty mixed/negative from what I can tell. The last time there was this much bad talk around MAC was in the Rivera days, so if the attempt was to fix that... it kind of backfired.

Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Captain Marvel retcon, but I think that one was handled so much better. It didn't feel like it took much away from Carol, and it gave her more layers as a cosmic hero. It opened up the door for broader stories with her. This America retcon, in comparison... it really just feels like taking away her potential. The book even seems to be going as far as to make her less powerful than she was before. I wonder what exactly is in store for her after this if she's not this cosmic powerhouse anymore. That was such a big draw to the character; it's what made her be a part of the Young Avengers/Ultimates and probably what made Kevin Feige want her as a part of Multiverse Of Madness. This grounded approach makes her so much less interesting for these kind of stories now.

I think the lingering questions are probably about the ending of Empyre, since that was the big question mark that he left for Wiccan and Hulkling. I don't expect the MAC retcon to affect Ewing's plans, honestly, unless he was specifically planning to use her in one of those stories in a way that he can't anymore.
    That tumblr Broad is always negative for a supposed fan she's hated everything done with the young Avengers since children's crusade her opinion holds very little truth to the positivity of this retcon lol.

And that's not the elephant I was talking about while what happened to MAC sucked and I'm sure Ewing has opinions on it I'm talking about Billy's mutant status while I definitely got questions about Empyre, that's the real lingering question when it comes to Billy & Tommy by proxy.

And that's not the elephant I was talking about while what happened to MAC sucked and I'm sure Ewing has opinions on it I'm talking about Billy's mutant status while I definitely got questions about Empyre, that's the real lingering question when it comes to Billy & Tommy by proxy.
    I feel like that is more of a lingering question for fans than for creators. Ewing has written Billy for years now and never felt the need to address it, not even when he specifically talked about the mutant members of New Avengers. But I guess we'll see.

This is/may be the new character getting introduced at Pride does he not remind anyone else of Billy?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I feel like that is more of a lingering question for fans than for creators. Ewing has written Billy for years now and never felt the need to address it, not even when he specifically talked about the mutant members of New Avengers. But I guess we'll see.
    Yeah but I feel this time is different cause he was talking about how you may see Billy & Teddy in not only Guardians but Sword aswell going forward, then he mentioned the "lingering questions to be addressed" with those 2 details being mentioned in tandem I can't imagine what else it would be other than the mutant thing.

This is/may be the new character getting introduced at Pride does he not remind anyone else of Billy?
    Other than the starry pattern, not much. Although we are in need of more characters related to the Demiurge mythology, so I wouldn't mind if he had some connection to Billy.

Somnus means sleep (that's why inability to sleep is call insomnia). He clearly has no link to Billy. Sounds more like Sleepwalker to me.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Hopefully not one of Nightmare’s kids (for obvious reasons)

"Was?" So something happened to them?