Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    WandaVision ends with spoilers:
    the twins getting erased off-screen. In the post-credits scene we see Wanda, now fully the Scarlet Witch, reading the Darkhold and she hears the kids calling out to her for help before she closes the book, implying they're trapped in some other dimension and she's gonna' go get them. So it's true that they'll be appearing as kids in Doctor Strange 2.

I guarantee you that movie is gonna' end with their souls being "imprinted" or whatever on Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepherd. It'll probably be the post-credits scene in Doctor Strange 2 when we finally see teen Billy and then we won't even see him become Wiccan until the Young Avengers comes out as either a movie or a Disney+ series.
    end of spoilers

Every time I let myself feel even the tiniest sliver of hope to finally see a gay male character in a popular movie franchise I get burned and have to wait another God only knows how many years. I don't know why I still bother, wake me when the Eternals comes out.
    I don't get it if anything this confirms the twins who are both LGBT will be in the Dr Strange movie so what's the problem?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't get it if anything this confirms the twins who are both LGBT will be in the Dr Strange movie so what's the problem?
    The problem is I've realized that the MCU started when I was in high school and I'm literally going to be in my mid-30s by the time they finally start including people like me as main characters.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; yes, I know I'm bitter and impatient and I'll be the first to admit it. I've only been waiting all of my adult life for something that most of society gets to take for granted. So excuse me while I vent my frustrations.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 03-05-2021 at 04:01 AM.

The problem is I've realized that the MCU started when I was in high school and I'm literally going to be in my mid-30s by the time they finally start including people like me as main characters.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; yes, I know I'm bitter and impatient and I'll be the first to admit it. I've only been waiting all of my adult life for something that most of society gets to take for granted. So excuse me while I vent my frustrations.
    It was just a question no need to get all bent out of shape. Transformation is indeed painful but Billy, Tommy, & America all seem locked to be in Dr Strange which is like a year away and like u said Eternals is around the corner so *shrugs*

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

It was just a question no need to get all bent out of shape. Transformation is indeed painful but Billy, Tommy, & America all seem locked to be in Dr Strange which is like a year away and like u said Eternals is around the corner so *shrugs*
    If it felt like I was attacking you, I apologize. I honestly wasn't trying to get in a fight or anything, like I said I'm just venting my frustrations.

If it felt like I was attacking you, I apologize. I honestly wasn't trying to get in a fight or anything, like I said I'm just venting my frustrations.
    It's cool vent away

WandaVision ends with spoilers:
    the twins getting erased off-screen. In the post-credits scene we see Wanda, now fully the Scarlet Witch, reading the Darkhold and she hears the kids calling out to her for help before she closes the book, implying they're trapped in some other dimension and she's gonna' go get them. So it's true that they'll be appearing as kids in Doctor Strange 2.

I guarantee you that movie is gonna' end with their souls being "imprinted" or whatever on Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepherd. It'll probably be the post-credits scene in Doctor Strange 2 when we finally see teen Billy and then we won't even see him become Wiccan until the Young Avengers comes out as either a movie or a Disney+ series.
    end of spoilers

Every time I let myself feel even the tiniest sliver of hope to finally see a gay male character in a popular movie franchise I get burned and have to wait another God only knows how many years. I don't know why I still bother, wake me when the Eternals comes out.
    they're little kids i-

spoilers:
    happy to see that Billy and Tommy will appear in MoM (since we heard them crying for help while Wanda reads the darkhold)
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah the show is called WandaVision. While they're clearly building towards Young Avengers/Champions/some teen hero group thing it makes sense that the main focus of the show is on, well, Wanda and Vision.

Like all those people who saw one of the extras was gay irl and immediately assumed he must be Teddy or Billy's first boyfriend when it turns out he was secretly...an extra who was in the background of a shot. Is it queerbaiting if it's the audience and not the actual story doing it?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm pretty satisfied with how things ended for the twins. It's not what I wanted before the show was out, but after watching it through the weeks, it ended up being exactly what it seemed like it was gonna be, so I don't feel fooled or anything like that. WandaVision was never going to be about Wiccan and Speed, and I don't think it should be because, much like the comics, this is basically the prologue of their story. I do think it's for the best that they might be saving the characters that we know for the actual Young Avengers production instead of trying to rush everything now and give us a half-assed origin for them. Now let's just hope that Young Avengers project gets announced soon. I'm tired of waiting.

spoilers:
    And judging by that ending... I think it's pretty obvious what happened, right? Billy's and Tommy's souls are probably trapped in some mystical dimension, and that is going to be Wanda's entire motivation during Multiverse Of Madness; to get her kids back. In a way, that actually puts them in a quite important position, because at least half of the plot of the movie will revolve around what happened to them, even if we don't see much of the characters themselves. I think it's pretty bold that Marvel is making them such a central plot point in one of their movies. That tells me they want the audiences to pay attention to these characters, because they matter.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-05-2021 at 06:09 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Is it confirmed they will appear in DS2?

It feels more like she'll get sidetracked doing his thing in that movie, potentially do a deal 'I help with X if you help with Y' and then we dont get more substantial Billy and Tommy until S02 of this (which I cannot imagine Disney is not screaming for given how huge it's been for them).

spoilers:
    I found it interesting she said 'Thank you for choosing me to be your mom' which seemed to imply more to them if they had a choice to it. That could indicate they are lost souls, or even still part of Mephisto, but I still dont think the super streamlined MCU touches the soul possession mess that is trying to work out how Billy Kaplin and Tommy Shepard and the Maximoff boys AND themselves. Having them be some sort of lost souls or multiversal creatures shaped in to kids seems an easier answer for a general audience. They can always age up simply because they want to, so they dont need teens to possess to be teen for any future youth based series
    end of spoilers
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I understand the frustration. I was hoping we'd see them as teens even if just a little, just so we'd know already who are the actors who'll play them. I definetely hope it's not the whole "They'll keep Julian and Jett and wait around 5 years when they're 15 to do YA (with Kate and Cassie's actresses being 13 years older)" that some people are suggesting...

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Is it confirmed they will appear in DS2?

It feels more like she'll get sidetracked doing his thing in that movie, potentially do a deal 'I help with X if you help with Y' and then we dont get more substantial Billy and Tommy until S02 of this (which I cannot imagine Disney is not screaming for given how huge it's been for them).

spoilers:
    I found it interesting she said 'Thank you for choosing me to be your mom' which seemed to imply more to them if they had a choice to it. That could indicate they are lost souls, or even still part of Mephisto, but I still dont think the super streamlined MCU touches the soul possession mess that is trying to work out how Billy Kaplin and Tommy Shepard and the Maximoff boys AND themselves. Having them be some sort of lost souls or multiversal creatures shaped in to kids seems an easier answer for a general audience. They can always age up simply because they want to, so they dont need teens to possess to be teen for any future youth based series
    end of spoilers
    Have you watched the post-credits scene?
    spoilers:
    As Wanda is studying the Darkhold, she hears the kids' voices calling for her
    end of spoilers

Besides that, the actors were in London close to where DS2 is filming (they posted some random photos on Instagram months ago and people made the connection now).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I understand the frustration. I was hoping we'd see them as teens even if just a little, just so we'd know already who are the actors who'll play them. I definetely hope it's not the whole "They'll keep Julian and Jett and wait around 5 years when they're 15 to do YA (with Kate and Cassie's actress being 13 years older)" that some people are suggesting...

Have you watched the post-credits scene?
    spoilers:
    As Wanda is studying the Darkhold, she hears the kids' voices calling for her
    end of spoilers

Besides that, the actors were in London close to where DS2 is filming (they posted some random photos on Instagram months ago and people made the connection now).
    People make connections all the time, then they get worked up in to expectations and then people get let down.

Just because spoilers:
    she heard them doesn't mean DS2 has anything to do with them in any major way. Until we know more about that film, I'm not getting my hopes up beyond expecting a reference or small scene within the wider story of DS2, which I dont expect to be a stealth Scarlet Witch film given how important they want to make Strange as the new Tony Stark linking everyone. I think we'll get WandaVision series 2 to continue this story proper.
    end of spoilers

People make connections all the time, then they get worked up in to expectations and then people get let down.

Just because spoilers:
    she heard them doesn't mean DS2 has anything to do with them in any major way. Until we know more about that film, I'm not getting my hopes up beyond expecting a reference or small scene within the wider story of DS2, which I dont expect to be a stealth Scarlet Witch film given how important they want to make Strange as the new Tony Stark linking everyone. I think we'll get WandaVision series 2 to continue this story proper.
    end of spoilers
    They already confirmed WandaVision was a 1 season thing. They even confirmed it with the title of the episode, "The Series Finale" if the twins are popping up again it's Dr Strange or nothing.

Just because spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    They have to continue that plot point somewhere though. So far the only thing Wanda has been announced to be on is DS2. They keep talking about how her story will continue in it. And with the boys being seen there and then deleting the posts after people talked about it, it just seems obvious to me.

I don't think the movie is gonna be all about Wanda as people are suggesting, but "she goes with him through the multiverse trying to find her kids"(and probably to get help with her powers too) seems like a good enough motivation that doesn't really overshadow Strange. I have been speculating that would be the case since the beginning unlike people thinking she would be the villain. It's not fact but most discussion here isn't based on that anyway.

They already confirmed WandaVision was a 1 season thing. They even confirmed it with the title of the episode, "The Series Finale" if the twins are popping up again it's Dr Strange or nothing.
    You really think Disney are going to throw that money away when this thing has been so HUGE? Even if that was the original plan, I am betting someone in some board room somewhere is saying 'we need more.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They have to continue that plot point somewhere though. So far the only thing Wanda has been announced to be on is DS2. They keep talking about how her story will continue in it. And with the boys being seen there and then deleting the posts after people talked about it, it just seems obvious to me.

I don't think the movie is gonna be all about Wanda as people are suggesting, but "she goes with him through the multiverse trying to find her kids"(and probably to get help with her powers too) seems like a good enough motivation that doesn't really overshadow Strange. I have been speculating that would be the case since the beginning unlike people thinking she would be the villain. It's not fact but most discussion here isn't based on that anyway.
    spoilers:
    Like I say, a small scene or something related to her wanting his help I can see, but I just dont think they do an entire film as a sequel to a series that could have flopped totally. I genuinely think we are getting more WandaVision for this story to continue properly, and DS2 will just be a bridging scene within a larger crisis.

But who know, I've seen some people suggesting Wanda will still be the big bad of DS2, but just possessed by Chthon - or even that the Scarlet Witch is a sentient entity and a Phoenix Force like thing that is going to drive Wanda to evil.

There are lots of stories that could be told, so if I'm wring as DS2 is just Wandavision part 2, fair enough. I'd be happy to be wrong.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

If they don't directly appear in MoM, where do you think they'd appear next?