Page 12 of 141 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

That GoG picture of grown-ass man Billy is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'm ready for it.

Nova's jacket has to go though. That I'm sure about.

Happy to see Billy and Teddy on a regular team again!

Also:
    spoilers:
    Couldn't help but smile at today's episode of WandaVision! We have our boys, Tommy and Billy have made their MCU debut!! Super excited to see how the story continues to unfold, especially with the narrative ramping up.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Great news for Billy and Teddy but bad news for those wanting a full YA book, whoever gets them next will have to wait to use them again.
    1. Other characters have appeared in multiple books before....really a pet peeve of mine.
    2. If there is another YA book...I want to see new characters. Yes...bring back some unattached original team members but fill out the team with new members.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean I wouldn't expect a new YA book til they announce the inevitable Disney+ show

And even then I expect they'd link it to the Champions, since Kamala and Riri are members of that team and not the YA, but are likely to be in the MCU team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Maybe. Though it's possible Riri is more meant to set up Armor Wars than Young Avengers too.

For the Children

I'm shook everyone mark this down in history Wanda preferred Tommy over Billy love that for my boy!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Haven't watched WandaVision yet but already saw some comments that got me hyped up! I really feel like each episode is gonna end up outdoing the previous one in terms of giving us Billy/Tommy content. What a time to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Don't they also have an editor in their corner? Wasn't that Tom guy the one who even suggested to Allan to make them a gay couple in the first place? But to your point, I definitely see that. That being said, I do have to put my stingy YA stan hat on and say that there are some writers who need to stay away from them. I don't want the guy who's doing the Avengers comics right now anywhere near them, Hickman is a strong NO based on his treatment of Wanda, and anyone who's job at Marvel is to regurgitate the '90s is also a big no for me. I wouldn't mind Chip Zdarsky or Eve Ewing writing them, but after that, no big names come to mind, at least from books that I keep up with. New talent would be interesting as well, but, then we might run into an America solo situation, and that's the LAST thing they need.
    Well, yeah, editors could be a factor too. Like, one could argue that the reason why Ms. Marvel (Kamala) is so successful is because Sana Amanat, the editor who helped create her, was so fundamental in pushing her forward. Brevoort actually said once that Billy/Teddy are his favorite gay Marvel couple, so maybe he could pull some strings. I don't recall if he's been editing all the books Wickling have been appearing in recently. He definitely edited New Avengers and I think Empyre too, because he edits all Avengers titles. But I have to check the others.

As for ''bad writers'' for the characters... honestly, that's all subjective. I mean, sometimes not even the YA fandom can agree on what a good writer is. If you've been to Tumblr or Twitter, I'm sure you've seen a fair share of people who absolutely HATE Gillen's run and think he ''ruined'' the characters, something I strongly disagree with. And there's always writers who might be wrong for some stories, but right for others. It's always a gamble, but I would like to know Marvel would at least be gambling SOMETHING, 'cause right now we're not even getting that with the Young Avengers. The title is just collecting dust for seven years now. If they were more popular/mainstream, I could get through some ''bad runs'', because at least there would be a guarantee that they could get long runs and relaunches that could always give us new writers, spin-off books, etc. To not even get that is the worst part for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    In other news, someone on the MCU spoilers reddit did some digging and discovered:

spoilers:
    A "boy next door" character in episode 6 of WV and the sitcom episode they speculated it would be inspired by had one of the child characters ask for relationship advice. Looking the guy up, he doesn't have many other credits, BUT, he seems to identify as not straight, SO, while he may not be Teddy, I think this will probably be the episode Billy comes out. Maybe their neighbor has a gay kid and he helps Billy in some gay shenanigans (ie coming out to his family, maybe even getting advice on a boy *cough* Teddy *cough*). That being said, if he is Teddy, than I'll be all the more happier!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh, I saw that actor on IMDB, but I didn't think much about it because usually when actors are credited with vague identities like ''Boy Next Door'' that means the character is so minor that their name is not even mentioned in the production. So I don't think that's Teddy, because I'd imagine if he was on the show, we would at least get one mention of his name so people would know exactly what character he is supposed to be in the comics. Think of how Elijah Richardson was specifically listed as ''Eli Bradley'' on his IMDB instead of ''Black Boy''. That's what I would expect for a character like Teddy. Also, I was just looking on the actor's social media, and he officially announced he was joining the show a week ago. Considering the secrecy Marvel is making around the older twins, I would think Teddy's actor would definitely not be allowed to reveal he's on the show like that.

But yeah, the idea of him being an original queer character who could play a role in a queer story is pretty cool. Although I'm not sure how the Reddit user came up with the conclusion that the show is taking inspiration from that specific episode. It could end up being anything, really...
    end of spoilers

I gotta say, if WandaVision really ends up doing a gay story, I would give them props for actually not making a big deal about it beforehand as a way to promote the show and possibly get that pink money, and just... letting the story speak for itself once it comes out. It would feel like they learned their lesson from all the backlash and disappointment that usually follows when big corporations promise queer representation and then end up not giving people what they wanted/expected.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Great news for Billy and Teddy but bad news for those wanting a full YA book, whoever gets them next will have to wait to use them again.
    We don't know that. I could see that being a thing, but I could also see it not being. Let's not forget that Kate was doing double duty around 2013, when she was both in Fraction's Hawkeye and Gillen's Young Avengers, and the context of both books were wildly different. So it's not impossible for a Young Avenger to be in two books simultaneously if two writers really want to use them and the editors are ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That GoG picture of grown-ass man Billy is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'm ready for it.

Nova's jacket has to go though. That I'm sure about.
    The jacket is actually THE official uniform for the Guardians Of The Galaxy, as we can tell by the other members wearing similar fits, so I don't actually think it's gonna go, LOL. Interestingly enough, Billy and Teddy are the only ones without the uniform, which makes me wonder if they might be just honorary members or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean I wouldn't expect a new YA book til they announce the inevitable Disney+ show
    I think about that. A lot. It depresses me, but it's all the more reason why I desperately need Marvel Studios to just freaking announce the YA project they allegedly have in the works, because lord knows Marvel Comics could use the inspiration.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-23-2021 at 06:07 AM.

Royalty doesn't dress the same as peasants it's a class thing!! Sidenote this is the perfect time to bring Billy's headpiece back as a crown type thing and no one's taken the bait yet.

The way Tommy is trending on Twitter and Billy is not has me feeling things I'm so happy for my boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Happy to see Billy and Teddy on a regular team again!

Also:
    spoilers:
    Couldn't help but smile at today's episode of WandaVision! We have our boys, Tommy and Billy have made their MCU debut!! Super excited to see how the story continues to unfold, especially with the narrative ramping up.
    end of spoilers
    TOTALLY!

ps) where is your pfp from?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The way Tommy is trending on Twitter and Billy is not has me feeling things I'm so happy for my boy!
    I think a part of it might be people shocked that Wanda was pushing for Tommy. There's a whole joke on stan twitter about how she only cares for Billy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    There's also stuff going on related to some Minecraft guy named 'Tommy' that is influencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think a part of it might be people shocked that Wanda was pushing for Tommy. There's a whole joke on stan twitter about how she only cares for Billy lol.
    I know and I love the seemingly reverse uno card Disney is using and having Tommy be the mama's boy and Billy being daddy's favorite. Such a fun dynamic where the hell is the WandaVision minicomic feat minimoffs we were robbed the one time some synergy would have been appreciated.