Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Actually, I can see Heroes Reborn ending Aaron's run on Avengers, with a relaunch happening in Autumn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, I can see Heroes Reborn ending Aaron's run on Avengers, with a relaunch happening in Autumn.
    Yeah, maybe. I was just hoping that Heroes Reborn was going to be THE relaunch, not just for Aaron's run, but for the Avengers line as a whole, in the hopes we could get a new YA run. But oh well...

---

Anyway, something about MCU Young Avengers that I've been meaning to share here but always end up forgetting....

Actor Jack Veal MIGHT be playing Kid Loki in the MCU. A while back, it was reported that he had joined the cast of Loki not long after a casting call went out for a character that many believed was Kid Loki (or at least some younger version of the character), and his social media accounts confirmed he was indeed on the show. Last month, he shared this picture:

(The shirt is not necessarily a confirmation, but ever since Wiccan posted here about Elijah Richardson wearing a ''The Patriot'' shirt around a year ago, I thought that maybe this is something they get as a gift from Marvel for their roles)

It's also worth noting that this role was cast simultaneously with another one of a little girl, who, according to IMDB, might be the ''Young Sylvie'' character. That is another potential connection to the Young Avengers, as the only Sylvie who has a connection to Loki in the comics is Sylvie Lushton, the Young Masters' Enchantress. I honestly have no clue how they're gonna piece all of this together, but with two potential YA connections, it's worth keeping an eye on. Between WandaVision, TF&TWS and Loki, we're gonna have THREE Marvel shows back to back that might introduce Young Avengers related characters. Four if Hawkeye ends up coming out before Ms. Marvel (which I'm hoping it does). We are going to be FED this year!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Tommy might show up in xfactor next week! Following in his uncle's footsteps and getting some panel time on the X-side of things lol.

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...983876103?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Tommy might show up in xfactor next week! Following in his uncle's footsteps and getting some panel time on the X-side of things lol.

Ooohhh messy but I'm hear for it hopefully Leah will put the nail in the coffin on a definitive answer for Tommy's and by association Billy's mutant status. And at the very least how they get treated by Krakoa due to the Wanda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Four if Hawkeye ends up coming out before Ms. Marvel (which I'm hoping it does).
    Well, that's a toss up, as both started filming at roughly the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just want there be all this unspoken tension only for Tommy to be his usual obnoxious and flippant self about the whole thing.

Tommy:"Hey fake aunt Lorna cool bone house I'm here to see my beau, how've you fake Grandpa been? you both missed Billy's space wedding and what's this Pretender buisness David been telling me about you lot aren't still trying to kill my mom or something?

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I just want there be all this unspoken tension only for Tommy to be his usual obnoxious and flippant self about the whole thing.

Tommy:"Hey fake aunt Lorna cool bone house I'm here to see my beau, how've you fake Grandpa been? you both missed Billy's space wedding and what's this Pretender buisness David been telling me about you lot aren't still trying to kill my mom or something?
    Between Billy & Tommy I got to say Tommy would be the one ready for all the smoke anyone on Krakoa wants to bring, sure Billy has the power to handle anyone on that island but Tommy came into this world not given a **** his mouth is reckless watch him say some slick **** and have the entire X-Board in an uproar. Lmao

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Between Billy & Tommy I got to say Tommy would be the one ready for all the smoke anyone on Krakoa wants to bring, sure Billy has the power to handle anyone on that island but Tommy came into this world not given a **** his mouth is reckless watch him say some slick **** and have the entire X-Board in an uproar. Lmao
    If written in an X-book by an x-writer and overseen by an X-editor...he will most likely be written just like every other mutant....with nothing but love and devotion to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    If written in an X-book by an x-writer and overseen by an X-editor...he will most likely be written just like every other mutant....with nothing but love and devotion to Krakoa.
    Nah I don't think so no writer especially one of Leah's caliber would miss the opportunity to touch such an obvious plot point in need of being addressed, his mom is openly hated and unlike Billy Tommy can't exactly fallback on his "reincarnation" family Billy and Wanda are all he really has. She's an enemy of the state Billy through Teddy has already expressed his displeasure with that on Sword I doubt Tommy will just be cool with it.

Okay okay okay so since folks are on the topic of the Twins vs. Krakoa (I mean that in a comparative discussion way, not like the twins should actually take the whole of Krakoa on or some ****)....

Things I'm excited for and/or have lingering questions about:

Paibok refers to Wanda as the Court Wizard's GHOST MOTHER. First of all: I love that. I love the oddness of it, particularly with it coming from Paibok -- a NON human with very uniquely non-human culture/language/perspective. With the last bit in mind (culture/language/perspective) they also state that the Emperor thinks highly of her (Wanda) and considers it a great shame that the people of Krakoa do not.
    Coming from Paibok, that "considers it a great shame" could easily be read as borderline hostile, you know? Because the message is being delivered by an armored, spike covered, Power Skrull. But what he's relaying is Teddy's perspective and Teddy is a soft best boy with a puppy heart and so where Paibok says "great shame" its likely Teddy means "that's disappointing" because he has a very specific vantage point of Wanda by way of Billy.

I cannot wait for more of this from Ewing and SWORD.

Also, I would love love love for Leah to definitively state on panel that Tommy and Billy ARE or are NOT mutants --- but then some rando writer may eventually just retcon it for reasons [cough-Franklin-cough] but it would just be nice to know where the X-office stands on the topic. Ewing himself has dodged and danced around that detail ever since nabbing Billy in New Avengers all those years ago. Sometimes I feel like that's the answer. The lack of answer means they're not mutants, and their continued absence from all things mutant (with the exception of that ridiculous Battle of the Atom / Sorcerers Supreme storyline) is further evidence. But if Tommy is going to be making appearances in an X book -- particularly an X-book that already HAS a couple who are a human/mutant combo (Northstar and Kyle) it seems like a very appropriate place to address it.
    And we frequently DO get mutants in the Marvel Universe who just don't participate in X-related content. Justice and Microbe from the New Warriors for example or Ricochet from the Loners. And until just recently Eden Fesi from Secret Warriors/Avengers.

So yeah. Questions. Excitement. Comics are great.

And while we're at it: Where the hell is Tommy living these days? Did Billy/Teddy sublet their old crappy Tini Howard apartment?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Hopefully it's more than just a cameo, since that's all Tommy's been getting these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, that's a toss up, as both started filming at roughly the same time.
    I think the intention is to release Ms. Marvel first, based on the order of the projects that Disney posted on their website back on Investors Day. But since we're in the middle of a pandemic and things can shift (like WandaVision coming out before TF&TWS), it'll depend on outside factors. I imagine Hawkeye probably will have a quicker post-production, since the show is likely more street-based and won't have as much special effects as Ms. Marvel, so that's something it has in its favor.

I just wanna see Kate more, so I hope Hawkeye comes first for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And while we're at it: Where the hell is Tommy living these days? Did Billy/Teddy sublet their old crappy Tini Howard apartment?
    We literally know nothing about Tommy's life these days other than the fact that he *checks notes* goes clubbing with David sometimes. The last real update on his life was back on that single Young Avengers issue from Gillen's run. This boy seriously needs to be a regular in an ongoing book.

It seemed to me like he was living with David. But now David's in Krakoa, specifically the Boneyard, so...

With WandaVision now is the perfect time to give my boy Tommy a push Billy will be Gucci no matter what but for Tommy now is the time!! My boy was trending last week & Billy was not let's keep this hype up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    With WandaVision now is the perfect time to give my boy Tommy a push Billy will be Gucci no matter what but for Tommy now is the time!! My boy was trending last week & Billy was not let's keep this hype up!!
    Lol if Marvel can't even do anything for Wanda (and Vision) for WandaVision... You shouldn't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol if Marvel can't even do anything for Wanda (and Vision) for WandaVision... You shouldn't expect anything.
    Ha ha ha I hadn't thought about that, but that is an excellent point ha ha ha.
    Lets all temper our expectations. ha ha ha