Page 82 of 141 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I definitely think they'll age Billy and Tommy using some magical plot device. I'm also fine with America being the "kid" of the group. If Teddy is also cast as a child I'll be ready to fight cause that's really just an excuse for all the gays to be too young for romantic plots.
    Technically the twins "died" at 3 days old so in a sense they'll always be the babies of the group lol, That being said America I thought was one of the oldest in the comics so this is weird for her.

Ok you know what I think would be cool & like I said I don't think this will be happening but wouldn't it be neat if the twins kinda lived a life of sorts after WandaVision like the message to Wanda was the first thing they did & it got to her too late meanwhile the Twins have been fending for themselves in like the muktiverse with only eachother this would be like a great way to build a bond for Billy & Tommy that they lack in the comics! Though I doubt it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You have more confidence in the Mouse then me. I don't trust the Mouse at all!! This is the same Mouse who moved "Love Victor" to hulu because it was too "Mature" if that's the case I don't see the Mouse doing a damn thing for Trans rep anytime soon.
    I trust you me, I do not believe in Disney. They're slow to progress and consistently hide behind "family" as a way to tiptoe around actual representation. But Disney isn't exactly this monolith with every subdivision constantly bowing to the mouse for every decision. Feige has said he intends to introduce a trans character and I believe that he wouldn't say that, or even acknowledge the idea, unless it was something he could commit to. That being said, it's unfortunate that I don't think we are anywhere close to a headlining LGBTQIA+ leading character in the MCU films. They'll sidestep it with Disney+, which is still good content I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I trust you me, I do not believe in Disney. They're slow to progress and consistently hide behind "family" as a way to tiptoe around actual representation. But Disney isn't exactly this monolith with every subdivision constantly bowing to the mouse for every decision. Feige has said he intends to introduce a trans character and I believe that he wouldn't say that, or even acknowledge the idea, unless it was something he could commit to. That being said, it's unfortunate that I don't think we are anywhere close to a headlining LGBTQIA+ leading character in the MCU films. They'll sidestep it with Disney+, which is still good content I guess.
    I could see Children's Crusade being adapted into a movie one day I really could am I the only one?

Ultimate Member

I could see Children's Crusade being adapted into a movie one day I really could am I the only one?
    That would require Wanda to be further villainized, unless they change the plot enough

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That would require Wanda to be further villainized, unless they change the plot enough
    Not really. The gist of TCC is that Wanda is missing after doing something bad, and the Young Avengers are on a mission to find her. That first part has already been adapted in the MCU, with Wanda doing what she did to Westview and then taking off. As for the second part, that would depend entirely on how Doctor Strange 2 goes if the twins are there. If they use this movie to already make Wanda reunite with her kids, then that would essentially erase the need for TCC as a story. But if things end up in a more open ended area, then there is room for them to do the ''quest for Wanda'' in the future.

It's possible, if they play their cards right any YA property should be a surefire hit for them and that demands an eventual movie. Just any significant queer representation will likely be reserved for the small screen and Billy, Teddy, Tommy, and America's roles in any movie will be written in a way that allows them to cut any romantic subplots for some international audiences.

It's debatable, but I think they navigated HoM well enough in Wandavision. Hopefully, they don't take a cue from the comics and give her her due justice in the future.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not really. The gist of TCC is that Wanda is missing after doing something bad, and the Young Avengers are on a mission to find her. That first part has already been adapted in the MCU, with Wanda doing what she did to Westview and then taking off. As for the second part, that would depend entirely on how Doctor Strange 2 goes if the twins are there. If they use this movie to already make Wanda reunite with her kids, then that would essentially erase the need for TCC as a story. But if things end up in a more open ended area, then there is room for them to do the ''quest for Wanda'' in the future.
    I guess I'm not too interested in her doing another bad thing in the MCU after everything we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    It's possible, if they play their cards right any YA property should be a surefire hit for them and that demands an eventual movie. Just any significant queer representation will likely be reserved for the small screen and Billy, Teddy, Tommy, and America's roles in any movie will be written in a way that allows them to cut any romantic subplots for some international audiences.

It's debatable, but I think they navigated HoM well enough in Wandavision. Hopefully, they don't take a cue from the comics and give her her due justice in the future.
    If they do anything like Children's Crusade, maybe they could just be trying to save Wanda from some interdimensional business or something

David is getting some shine being front & center with a pride cover, Noh is also there next to his Herculean boo! I hope he & Tommy get a little story in that Voices issue I think it would be cute to expand on their relationship a little bit!
    Attachment 108783

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah, I frequent the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit and I've seen this there too. Honestly every time Billy and/or Teddy get brought up there the conversation inevitably makes me feel like I'm going to have an aneurysm.

No, it is not "literally only" Chavez. It's also Billy and Tommy which was already discussed at length in this thread towards the end of WandaVision. It's also the alleged casting for Kid Loki in the Loki series as well. The straight characters; Eli, Kate and Cassie are all clearly older than the LGBT ones.

Honestly after WandaVision I'm fully expecting Teddy to be a post-credits hint at the end of Secret Invasion. I'll be surprised if they even cast him to be on the show.
    You're upset that Kid Loki is...a kid?
    And Billy and Tommy are absolutely in line with how they were first introduced in the storyline WandaVision is based on: that they're children. Just because he's not making out with Teddy within days of being born doesn't mean they won't be a couple down the line.

Isn't she going to be a hero in Quantumania
    Yeah, there's deleted scenes showing she should've already been using the Pym particles in Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

David is getting some shine being front & center with a pride cover, Noh is also there next to his Herculean boo! I hope he & Tommy get a little story in that Voices issue I think it would be cute to expand on their relationship a little bit!
    Attachment 108783
    Noh just standing there looking the other way is cracking me up, LOL. It's like he didn't get the memo about the picture being taken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That would require Wanda to still be in "missing state" when YA happened, which is really not ideal to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That would require Wanda to still be in "missing state" when YA happened, which is really not ideal to say the least.
    The difference here is that Wanda can be ''missing'' in the eyes of the MCU world, but not necessarily to the real life audience who's watching the show. It's pretty much the situation that we have right now: she left Westview and didn't tell anyone where she was going, but we know we'll see her again in the next Doctor Strange movie. So Wanda being ''missing'' doesn't mean she won't be around at all like in the comics, just that she'll be in her own corner, doing her own things without bringing too much attention to herself. And that's where the Young Avengers looking for her could come into the picture.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, there's deleted scenes showing she should've already been using the Pym particles in Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    Oh. I had no idea.