Page 100 of 141 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2114
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Tommy looks so good!

So a lot of people are saying this paves the way for Billy. Ya know honestly at this point I feel he's outgrown the position of Sorcerer Supreme, like from Demiurge to earth's go to Charlatan seems like a downgrade but at the same time I'm not gonna turn down a Billy storyline. I also think it doesn't work if he's in space, like he's not gonna leave husband Teddy and their Empyre for that mansion in downtown New York.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Happy 100 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Official art for the Dr Strange Movie. America i really coming just as their about to fuck up her origin I cannot we just can't win.
    Her outfit here is.... hm. The jacket is very much MAC, of course, but the rest is kinda boring and uninspired. I didn't expect them to put the 14-year-old actress in her iconic short shorts, but come on, MAC has much more style than that in the comics. I hope she gets a better wardrobe in the actual movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Cassie, Kate and Chavez easter eggs in the Web Slingers ride

Harley Keener being used in the same generation of young heroes as those other characters is so weird, like... why are they trying to make that happen? Can't wait for the locals to find this and start pushing the godawful idea that he should be Iron Lad in the MCU again.

And I don't see any references to MAC or Kate. Where is it? LOL

Tommy looks very knightly he didn't try nearly as hard for Billy's wedding lol.

Ohhhh, that's cute. His outfit is... not something I'd expect Tommy to wear, but werk! Glad to see him making an appearance before the book ends.

Also, I can't help but notice the flower. Isn't that the same flower they were giving to non-krakoans as an invitation to the Hellfire Gala before they went through the portals? It seems like Tommy might not get a free pass to just come and go like we thought based on the previous issue.

And now I really wanna know what's the tea on Billy. If he attends, I want nothing less than him wearing Wanda's classic tiara and making all the haters GASP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    With the embroidered vest and loose shirt, Tommy's outfit looks just a little bit (stereotypically) Romani, which might fit his (spiritual) mom's heritage, perhaps?
    Now that you mention it, he does look like Pietro whenever Marvel has tried to ''dress him up like a romani'', but I'm not sure if that was the intention here.

So a lot of people are saying this paves the way for Billy. Ya know honestly at this point I feel he's outgrown the position of Sorcerer Supreme, like from Demiurge to earth's go to Charlatan seems like a downgrade but at the same time I'm not gonna turn down a Billy storyline. I also think it doesn't work if he's in space, like he's not gonna leave husband Teddy and their Empyre for that mansion in downtown New York.
    The title might not be literal. Like, remember when we got The Death Of The Mighty Thor arc only for it to end with Jane coming back as Valkyrie? Or ''Death Of The Inhumans'', with only a few of them actually dying? Marvel does that bait and switch sometimes. I don't expect Stephen to stay dead, even if he actually dies.

As for Billy... while I love the recognition that would come with him being a Sorcerer Supreme, I just can't be too excited knowing it would be temporary for sure. Marvel doesn't have the balls to let anyone else be Sorcerer Supreme permanently, so like all the times before, Strange would come back to the title. And yeah, with him having the Demiurge thing, he doesn't really need that. He already has his own unique thing going on that nobody can take away, so I rather they explore that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And I don't see any references to MAC or Kate. Where is it? LOL
    The locker that looks like the Puerto Rico flag on the first row, Kate's locker you gotta zoom in on since it has a Lucky sticker, Lucky is also near on place that shows Lucky Dog Pizza

Uhhh, guys. I just had a terrible realization: the X-Factor panels with Tommy are drawn by Lucas Werneck, who's also the artist on The Trial Of Magneto. Tommy sweetie....

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The locker that looks like the Puerto Rico flag on the first row, Kate's locker you gotta zoom in on since it has a Lucky sticker, Lucky is also near on place that shows Lucky Dog Pizza
    Oh, that. I thought that was just a Cap reference. But I guess this is just for younger characters? Which doesn't explain the Venom one, though...

And I see the Lucky sticker now. But they made it so boring. Definitely doesn't come off as Kate's style.

Oh, that. I thought that was just a Cap reference. But I guess this is just for younger characters? Which doesn't explain the Venom one, though...

And I see the Lucky sticker now. But they made it so boring. Definitely doesn't come off as Kate's style.
    Could be Patriot too but that flag looks like the PR flag. Also the Black Spider one is Arana.

Uhhh, guys. I just had a terrible realization: the X-Factor panels with Tommy are drawn by Lucas Werneck, who's also the artist on The Trial Of Magneto. Tommy sweetie....

Billy & Wanda would burn that entire nation to the ground don't imply what I think you're implying!!

Billy & Wanda would burn that entire nation to the ground don't imply what I think you're implying!!
    Look, I don't WANT it to be true, but the same artist on both books doesn't feel like a coincidence. I won't be surprised if he's in charge of drawing the murder. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I would say that Marvel should be smart enough not to kill off a recently confirmed bi character for the sake of a straight character's development, but then when I think of the only other alternative (Kyle) that could bite the bullet, I now realize that if it's someone close to XFactor that Magneto kills, it'll definitely be a queer character, which is just..... especially during Pride month, absolutely tone deaf. Add in their handling of the Loki thing, and it's big yikes if it's either of them.

Ngl, of what we've seen in set photos and what's been described by the cast, I have a feeling we're going to be getting a very watered down Kate in the MCU :/ would love to be proven wrong though.

I've always imagined him taking up something cosmic now that he's living off world. Is there like a Cosmic Supreme he can be lol? Like you said, not to say that being Sorcerer Supreme wouldn't be a great position for him, but I feel like he's not really like, technically fit for the job? He's not formally educated in magic and wanting something to happen can only get him so far for a job like that. There is the fact that Billy directly succeeded Stephen in that Sorcerers Supreme comic, so maybe this is it? But he was older and he hinted to Stephen that he had retired, not died iirc, so perhaps this is just a fake out. Who knows though. Hopefully nobody gets character assassinated for this lol.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, he's had time to prepare for the Gala--it is a huge event that was announced in advance. Billy's wedding was "hey, we're getting married in outer space in about 10 minutes...."

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I would say that Marvel should be smart enough not to kill off a recently confirmed bi character for the sake of a straight character's development, but then when I think of the only other alternative (Kyle) that could bite the bullet, I now realize that if it's someone close to XFactor that Magneto kills, it'll definitely be a queer character, which is just..... especially during Pride month, absolutely tone deaf. Add in their handling of the Loki thing, and it's big yikes if it's either of them.
    On one hand, I'm apprehensive because I've been theorizing for a while that the victim wouldn't be a krakoan/mutant, because that is the one thing that would actually make it scandalous enough that they would have no choice other than to put Erik on trial. If he killed a mutant from the island, they would just resurrect them the next day and be over it. There's no much potential for drama there. But Krakoa actually has laws against harming humans/outsiders, and Magneto doing that (or being framed for that) on an event full of humans would make it impossible for him to get away with it. So the possibility of the victim being someone like Tommy or Kyle seems very real to me, going by that logic. Which is obviously... not great during Pride Month, like you said.

On the other hand, I think about how Tommy is an often forgotten character, so... would Marvel really make an entire miniseries spinning out of his death? Part of me thinks that his role in this issue will be exactly what it was in the previous one: a quick cameo. So maybe being so underrated is ultimately what'll save him. lol

Ngl, of what we've seen in set photos and what's been described by the cast, I have a feeling we're going to be getting a very watered down Kate in the MCU :/ would love to be proven wrong though.
    I don't think this Avengers Campus thing has much to do with how Kate's gonna be in the MCU. I'm pretty sure the attraction was in development for quite some time, so I don't think they'd have access to anything the Hawkeye show was doing when they decided to design those lockers.

As for the actual MCU Kate, I'll save my judgement for when we have more substantial material. I find it hard to believe they'd make her more boring than they made Clint, but you never know.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-05-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    To be fair, he's had time to prepare for the Gala--it is a huge event that was announced in advance. Billy's wedding was "hey, we're getting married in outer space in about 10 minutes...."
    He's also not exactly money-bags, or blessed with rich friends like Sunspot, so I could totally see Tommy showing up to the wedding in the best clean clothes he could find or 'borrow.' ("Oh, that's a nice jacket." "Yeah, I have to get it back before random dude I 'borrowed' it from misses it...")

(Actually, is Kate rich? I know her parents were, but I have no idea if she's still on speaking terms with them...)

Pariah, is that you?

Ultimate Member

Ah, I didn't 'get' that picture at first. It looks like Trevor tells David he's wants to show him something and leads him away to reveal Tommy, whom David wasn't expecting. (Maybe Trevor arranged for his invitation as a surprise for David. He hardly seems like the sort of mover-and-shaker that would score one on his own.)

And Proteus. "I'm just gonna walk this naked Ken doll body of yours around some more Charles, if you don't mind." Yet another reason why Charles hides his face under that helmet 24/7. (As opposed to my first theory, that he wears the helmet 24/7 so that nobody realizes that it's not Charles under there...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-06-2021 at 12:03 AM.