Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

scourge.
    Walking Replica.

Thank you FRANDS.
    This is very exciting news! I'm not hot for that cover artist BUT...I am hopeful for excellence in both writing and art within the book!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!

Yes, finally they're on an ongoing title again! Bless Ewing for doing so much for them.

I'm a bit "huh?" at them being Guardians members though. I thought they'd have more of a supporitng cast role back when Ewing said they'd show up. Like, rulers of a king joining a team seems a bit weird(?). With Young Avengers you could say it's just them sort of having fun with their friends again even if they're not kids anymore.

Who knows how it's gonna work though. The site says "Now, when the call goes forth—whether it’s from a stranded team of planetary explorers or Emperor Hulkling and his Kree/Skrull Alliance—the Guardians of the Galaxy answer!" which could mean a number of things I think.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

This shows that Billy and Teddy are kind of getting a push, no? I mean, I would've chalked the KiB tie in as an apology for cancelling Tini's Strikeforce Empyre tie in, but Ewing getting them on GOTG and most likely using them (and Wanda) in some capacity in SWORD shows Marvel wants them in the spotlight. Granted, Ewing probably has enough clout and likes them enough to ask for them, but it's interesting this is all happening concurrently to their MCU debut (well, definitively Billy's, but I feel like Teddy really might be coming, at least for a cameo).

This also makes me wonder the future of an OG YA reunion. Billy and Teddy are in space, Kate's probably about to get another book with Clint, America has her solo, Eli's been teased, just leaving Tommy (but what's new with that). Maybe we might see a YA lineup with everyone but them, with the Watts siblings taking their spots? Since everyone else is earthbound?

Also, I would assume Teddy sort of becomes the Roberto to the Guardian's Avengers Idea Mechanics? If that makes sense, like he's there and active in the story, but doesn't exactly always go out into the field? And that also makes me wonder if they're removing Phyla, Noh, Hercules and Moondragon since they weren't in the promo article. I know they said there'd be more members, but I really hope they don't miss the chance for a Noh and BillyTeddy reunion with dialogue, or finally letting Teddy meet Phyla (albeit not his actual Phyla)

I'm guessing "Now, when the call goes forth—whether it’s from a stranded team of planetary explorers or Emperor Hulkling and his Kree/Skrull Alliance—the Guardians of the Galaxy answer!" could just mean how the team forms...with the GotG responding to a call from the Kree/Skrull alliance that leads to them joining up with Billy and Teddy.

Phyla and Heather are on one of the variant covers, so they're still around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So we’ll see sibling interaction between Phyla and Teddy? That’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I dunno. Variants can lie. Cross your fingers kiddos!

In new costumes? No, it's not a lie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If the Avengers side of the company is looking at the success of the X-titles with this huge over-arcing Krakoa narrative, I could see them fishing around for some sort of unifying thread that could tie together / support three to five different Avengers sub-groups, spread around the world / universe.

And one of said titles being a Young Avengers team makes total sense.
    I'm not sure if the Avengers Office will ever be as organized as the X-Office is right now, 'cause the thing about the Avengers is that it's Marvel's official ''general brand'', meaning they can slap the Avengers name on pretty much any team because that's just what they are; they can be anything. They don't really fill a specific niche like X-Men or Fantastic Four do. So they might not wanna lose that ''random'' quality that just allows writers to get wild and free with their ideas. But at the same time... yeah, it WOULD be nice to get a more concise Avengers line that feels like it's going somewhere. Either way, I'm fine with whatever gives me a new YA book.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would go with 4.
    Avengers
    Avengers West
    Young Avengers
    Secret Avengers

With SHIELD out of business the world needs an organization in place to deal with global threats that is more than just one team.
    I'm not sure we're getting a WCA relaunch anytime soon when Tom Brevoort never wanted to relaunch it, and then they finally did and it wasn't that big of a hit. But yeah, I can see the other three as a trinity of Avengers titles. Maybe a wild card as the fourth book like Dark Avengers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    BILLY AND TEDDY JOINING GOTG OMGGGGGG

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...064836096?s=19
    Well, it's what they deserve!

(I still want that Young Avengers book, though)

This shows that Billy and Teddy are kind of getting a push, no? I mean, I would've chalked the KiB tie in as an apology for cancelling Tini's Strikeforce Empyre tie in, but Ewing getting them on GOTG and most likely using them (and Wanda) in some capacity in SWORD shows Marvel wants them in the spotlight. Granted, Ewing probably has enough clout and likes them enough to ask for them, but it's interesting this is all happening concurrently to their MCU debut (well, definitively Billy's, but I feel like Teddy really might be coming, at least for a cameo).
    I wonder how much is a push from Marvel and how much is just a pet character situation, because if you think about it, the Wiccan/Hulkling content we've been getting recently has been consistently written by the same three writers (Tini, Anthony and Al). I mean, having three writers pushing for them is great and I obviously don't complain, but my hope is just that they won't fade once those writers are not writing them anymore, you know? I hope Marvel pushes for other people to write them too. That's how you know they made it.

This also makes me wonder the future of an OG YA reunion. Billy and Teddy are in space, Kate's probably about to get another book with Clint, America has her solo, Eli's been teased, just leaving Tommy (but what's new with that). Maybe we might see a YA lineup with everyone but them, with the Watts siblings taking their spots? Since everyone else is earthbound?
    That's my fear. Cebulski is so tone deaf when promising stuff for Young Avengers fans that I wouldn't really be surprised if they won't publish a new YA book because they think Wiccan and Hulkling joining GOTG and America getting a mini count as their ''YA content of the year.'' Or they relaunch and turn the team into something unrecognizable. They don't get we want an ongoing book with the whole team back together. Other books shouldn't stop it from happening. I could even live with all of the rest of the team coming back together without Billy and Teddy (even though that would be a bullshit excuse when other characters appear in more than one book all the damn time). But Marvel SHOULD be putting some YA content out there.

Also, I would assume Teddy sort of becomes the Roberto to the Guardian's Avengers Idea Mechanics? If that makes sense, like he's there and active in the story, but doesn't exactly always go out into the field? And that also makes me wonder if they're removing Phyla, Noh, Hercules and Moondragon since they weren't in the promo article. I know they said there'd be more members, but I really hope they don't miss the chance for a Noh and BillyTeddy reunion with dialogue, or finally letting Teddy meet Phyla (albeit not his actual Phyla)
    I kind of don't want that for Teddy just because if that's the only book we're getting with him for the near future, then I want him to be in on all of the action.

And a GOTG team with THREE gay couples would honestly be a serve. I hope Ewing is keeping all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder how much is a push from Marvel and how much is just a pet character situation, because if you think about it, the Wiccan/Hulkling content we've been getting recently has been consistently written by the same three writers (Tini, Anthony and Al). I mean, having three writers pushing for them is great and I obviously don't complain, but my hope is just that they won't fade once those writers are not writing them anymore, you know? I hope Marvel pushes for other people to write them too. That's how you know they made it.
    Don't they also have an editor in their corner? Wasn't that Tom guy the one who even suggested to Allan to make them a gay couple in the first place? But to your point, I definitely see that. That being said, I do have to put my stingy YA stan hat on and say that there are some writers who need to stay away from them. I don't want the guy who's doing the Avengers comics right now anywhere near them, Hickman is a strong NO based on his treatment of Wanda, and anyone who's job at Marvel is to regurgitate the '90s is also a big no for me. I wouldn't mind Chip Zdarsky or Eve Ewing writing them, but after that, no big names come to mind, at least from books that I keep up with. New talent would be interesting as well, but, then we might run into an America solo situation, and that's the LAST thing they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's my fear. Cebulski is so tone deaf when promising stuff for Young Avengers fans that I wouldn't really be surprised if they won't publish a new YA book because they think Wiccan and Hulkling joining GOTG and America getting a mini count as their ''YA content of the year.'' Or they relaunch and turn the team into something unrecognizable. They don't get we want an ongoing book with the whole team back together. Other books shouldn't stop it from happening. I could even live with all of the rest of the team coming back together without Billy and Teddy (even though that would be a bullshit excuse when other characters appear in more than one book all the damn time). But Marvel SHOULD be putting some YA content out there.
    I think I'll start feeling that if Kamala and Riri suddenly have some girl time with Kate and Cassie and decide to restart YA with Peter and Shuri /s. Seriously though, YA has always been intrinsically connected to queer rep, so I hope that still remains the focus, and they don't straightwash it in preparation for the MCU debut. That would be the most egregious thing that could happen to the team. I can take Billy and Teddy not joining if it means Eli and Tommy get panel time.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 01-21-2021 at 01:05 PM.

BILLY AND TEDDY JOINING GOTG OMGGGGGG

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...064836096?s=19
    Bitch WE WON!!! WOO

Oh Al I love you Mr Ewing!! Always doing the lords work for my boys!!

Well I think Tommy was supposed to be in darkhold which supposedly is still happening at some point so that's something but my boy deserves better. And he's been teased in X-Factor maybe Leah will throw us a bone and have him pull up to Krakoa ready to start some **** that would instantly put him on the map the X-Boards would lose their ****.

Ay did anyone notice in the art it looks like Teddy just put some tape on Excelsior! That's ghetto as hell but not offbrand for him and it implies this takes place after the Empyre ending so maybe Sword drops him off with the Guardians.

I think that ending from Aftermath has to be farther along than post-Knull (at least I hope, Ewing doesn't seem like the type of author to dump massive character development the next arc over). Unless their honeymoon ends badly badly, I don't think it's from the end of King in Black, since he mentions how whatever happened screwed the Alliance and his friends. And reading the solicit for the tie, despite the "dun dun dunnnn" feeling of it all, it seemed pretty low stakes (but hey, I could be eating my words in March, who knows).

In other news, someone on the MCU spoilers reddit did some digging and discovered:

spoilers:
    A "boy next door" character in episode 6 of WV and the sitcom episode they speculated it would be inspired by had one of the child characters ask for relationship advice. Looking the guy up, he doesn't have many other credits, BUT, he seems to identify as not straight, SO, while he may not be Teddy, I think this will probably be the episode Billy comes out. Maybe their neighbor has a gay kid and he helps Billy in some gay shenanigans (ie coming out to his family, maybe even getting advice on a boy *cough* Teddy *cough*). That being said, if he is Teddy, than I'll be all the more happier!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 01-21-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Great news for Billy and Teddy but bad news for those wanting a full YA book, whoever gets them next will have to wait to use them again.