Page 110 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Billy's hair... When will it stop...
    Its as if you saw right into my soul with this post.

Long hair Billy is superior IDK who even started this haircut... Was it Cheung?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    We Stan Floppy Billy

I think it was Vecchio. Or maybe Schiti that Fokken posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it was Vecchio. Or maybe Schiti that Fokken posted.
    Hmm either way it's a disappointment they should know better.

On another note this dude does PR for Marvel (maybe at the least seems like he read the issue) promised some powerful feats for both our boys!! Maybe Teddy will finally get a power upgrade!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyBWood...62571722235914
    Last edited by Journey; 08-05-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    THE PREVIEW IS HEREEE!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-preview-pages

Looks like we'll get to see them showing each other their powers for the first time, Billy vs Dormmamu, and Teddy and Phyla meeting for the first time (on the battlefield)!!
    The art is a little rough sometimes... but it's not bad. That flashback warms my heart. If Emperor Hulkling is anything to go by, Anthony will be serving us with the best throwbacks.

The way Dormammu just GRABBED Billy, LOL. Really interested to see how Billy goes up against such an iconic mystic foe!

Kinda looks like Teddy and Phyla were having a moment there, doesn't it? Hard to tell without the speech bubbles, but it seems like they might be talking to each other. I'm glad Anthony is doing this, since Ewing has been absolutely fumbling the bag by putting them on the same team and then not even having them be on the same freaking room ONCE.

I'm pretty sure it was Cheung on Incoming!. Before that, he had ''normal'' hair on the books he was in that year (Death's Head, Strikeforce). It was after Incoming! that every artist started to draw him with the buzzcut. So, yeah, we can thank Cheung for that. His own creator doing him dirty like that. Although, to be fair, it's not just the hair. Some artists can make it look really good (like Schiti), but when they don't know how to make it work... it's rough.

I clocked that they were in front of the ruins of Avengers Mansion right away, but it didn't even cross my mind that it was THEE bench where we got the iconic first meeting between Wanda and Billy. This is why you get Young Avengers fans to write those stories. They know what the people WANT!

Anthony also like my comment on Twitter about how Brand is kissing Billy's ass cause she's scared oh his reaction to Wanda's death because he's the Demiurge, lol imma take that as confirmation it'll be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I'm pretty sure it was Cheung on Incoming!. Before that, he had ''normal'' hair on the books he was in that year (Death's Head, Strikeforce). It was after Incoming! that every artist started to draw him with the buzzcut. So, yeah, we can thank Cheung for that. His own creator doing him dirty like that. Although, to be fair, it's not just the hair. Some artists can make it look really good (like Schiti), but when they don't know how to make it work... it's rough.
    Agreed.
    Billy's hair journey began with Cheung. It was a floppy mess that was sometimes parted on the side, sometimes parted in the center but always shambled.
    It took a distinct pivot in style when Billy discovered the magic (not chaos) of grooming products, a brush and a blow dryer under Mckelvie.
    We don't speak of the Anime Era "lewk" that was New Avengers (despite that title and his presence in it being absolutely divine).
    Peralta perpetuated the Mckelvie SWOOP during Strikeforce, and Incoming brought the return of Cheung with a close buzz and a swept come-over.
    Schiti added some "devil may care" wave and floppiness to it, that Vecchio translated into cutesy curls.
    Cheung's sharp buzz has since been reduced to near-full-shave under Frigeri and the previous fun flop has been shortened and lost its volume. Sometimes looks like a hat.
    And here we are now with Bazaldua: Short, wispy(?), and could maybe use some conditioner.

Reality Bend them luscious locks, Billy boy.
    You looked SO GOOD with the toss-about-tresses!

ALSO, it was pointed out to me on the X-Boards that it looks like BRAND is carrying Teddy's shattered EKZ'L ZORR in her bag -- which I DID NOT clock initially. Shame on me.
    Perhaps Billy WILL magically restore it -- and maybe use the newly introduced space metal Mysterium??? I mean, I could be reaching there about the metal but maybe??

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-06-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Also, heroesbooti on tumblr posted this lovely fanart piece of Emperor Teddy meeting with Regent of Sol, Storm and I just [squeeeeee]

Make it happen Marvel!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ALSO, it was pointed out to me on the X-Boards that it looks like BRAND is carrying Teddy's shattered EKZ'L ZORR in her bag -- which I DID NOT clock initially. Shame on me.
    Perhaps Billy WILL magically restore it -- and maybe use the newly introduced space metal Mysterium??? I mean, I could be reaching there about the metal but maybe??

[IMG][/IMG]
    Oh, that's a good catch. I hadn't noticed it either! It definitely makes me look at that last panel with different eyes. It's almost as if Billy is looking at her and thinking ''now what is this bitch doing with my man's sword??'' LMAO.

Another thing that just crossed my mind... will Billy know about Wanda's death by then? Because this one-shot comes out AFTER the first issue of Trial, and we know the Avengers are in the know at least by issue #2 (thanks to solicits). So Billy's team up with S.W.O.R.D. can take a drastic turn depending on how much he knows about the situation at the moment. I'm on the edge of my seat here waiting for the drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also, heroesbooti on tumblr posted this lovely fanart piece of Emperor Teddy meeting with Regent of Sol, Storm and I just [squeeeeee]

Make it happen Marvel!

I saw that and love it. I may be mad at Krakoa at the moment, but I can make an exception for Queen O!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

America #5 came out, and wow, what a crap ending imo.

spoilers:
    first, they mention the Demiurge by name, but make it seem like it was inside that version of the UP? Which I guess means that Billy's impact spans across the timeline like was said in vol 2, but it still makes little sense then why the writer went out of their way to change the UP like that if the Demiurge connection is technically the same. Also, this smells of straight washing America's family, her moms being this distant memory while she's enjoying a perfectly normal heteronormative family in the present. And let's not forget the worst aprt of it, they nerfed her to hell by the end?!?! Like, are they really that hell bent to make her street level?
    end of spoilers

Just an all around annoying end to something that, ironically enough given today's MCU offerings, could be a What If...? story. Like, what if America was less interesting? Anyway, if this got her fans, then good for her. Sucks that Gillen and Ewing's work with her pretty much means very little now.

This was worse than her first solo!! Tragic this writer was so fixed on 1 thing making America a basic latina girl she did not care at all what happens in the in-between as long as she gets to that point, changed everything about the character answered none of the lingering questions!! We still don't know if the Grandma was just a fever dream, no conclusive explanation on how her supposed Utopian Parallel has any connection to Billy's Demiurge or where she even got information from, broke up her & Ramone for no fucking reason at all! And now she's left mostly depowered! This solo took everything about America that made her unique and tossed it out the window just so she can be a basic ass Latina girl from the Bronx what the actual ****. I will ignore this solo someone needs to fix it or just forget about it entirely this makes no sense at all America flopped yet again as a solo.

It’s so strange how Marvel keeps allowing writers to ruin America’s relationships. They market her as a prominent lgbtq character yet won’t allow her to be happily in love.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-11-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s so strange how Marvel keeps allowing writers to ruin America’s relationships. They market her as a prominent lgbtq character yet won’t allow her to be happily in love.
    And their wasn't even a need to break up her & Ramone, like this story is over no continuation will be happening anytime soon this had no purpose!