Page 113 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2114

Anthony will be taking fan questions but the deadline for asking is tomorrow! Get those Q's in babes!!

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/18/x-...hony-oliveira/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hey look Kate's getting a new comic!! And her Hip Holes are gone!! Truly the end of an era!
    No surprise that we're getting a new Hawkeye comic; I'm more surprised that it's a Kate solo and not a Clint/Kate duo book. Not that I'm complaining, though. Good for her! I'm just sad that gone are the days were Kate would get an ongoing. But I guess that's Marvel for you these days.

I honestly hated the design on that cover and thought they were trying too hard to make it look like her MCU suit, on top of adding too much, but looking at the art from the inside artist here:

I think I like their interpretation a lot better. It'll grow on me.

Why am I not surprised they give Kate another comic instead of Clint ?

Ah well, Kate comics are usually pretty fun so I'll give it a chance. I guess it was about time for her to leave LA.

The new costume doesn't look bad (I like the braided ponytail), but it being so coincidentally similar to the set photos of Hailee Steinfeld's costumes kind of irks me a little, and her old costume was so clean and iconic...and no hip holes !

I wonder if they're going for a Katniss vibe there? She's another famous archer who wears her hair in a braid.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why am I not surprised they give Kate another comic instead of Clint ?
    I honestly thought they would give them a duo book for synergy, but now that I think of it... I believe editorial, like a lot of fans, might be under the impression that Jeremy's Hawkeye could be leaving the MCU soon, so they prioritized advertising the fresh new face of the MCU who's likely to have a bigger cinematic future.

Ah well, Kate comics are usually pretty fun so I'll give it a chance. I guess it was about time for her to leave LA.
    I totally missed the part about her coming back to NY. I love West Coast Kate, but I'm glad about that! Gonna need the Young Avengers to come back to NY if we're gonna get that reunion book.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Okay glad to see Kate get a book again. Now can we get the band back together. And the Tommy and Billy better work together to deal with the person that hurt their mom. Seems kinda weird that they're using Tommy in this way when he is very much like his uncle in personality.

bishop66 suggested in the Champions thread that that book is cancelled - permanently. Not good news if you wanted a comic accurate MCU roster or a classic lineup reunion, as it makes it more likely that the Champs will be folded into the YAs - especially Kamala and Riri.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As great as it is that Kate is getting a new book...
    I really wish Marvel would give the other YA a shot at a solo or duo book too. Something more than one-shots or guest star spots.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    bishop66 suggested in the Champions thread that that book is cancelled - permanently. Not good news if you wanted a comic accurate MCU roster or a classic lineup reunion, as it makes it more likely that the Champs will be folded into the YAs - especially Kamala and Riri.
    Considering America moved back to NY at the end of her book, and Kate's upcoming book suggesting she's doing the same, I figure we're going to get vol 3/whatever title they go with soon enough, especially if Champions is gone for good as you say.

That being said, if that's the case, I kinda hope Billy and Teddy aren't gonna join it, as blasphemous as that sounds. I know I've said I want YA vol. 3 to be the reunion, but if they're letting the Champions fold in, I feel like that might make the stories skew towards a tween feel rather than something more young adult, given that most of the YAs are in their 20s. I've absolutely loved the past year and few months of Billy and Teddy in more of a serious setting in the cosmic realm, so I'd rather them not get dragged back down to Earth to fight killer social media or normal street goons. That feels beneath them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I really wish Marvel would give the other YA a shot at a solo or duo book too. Something more than one-shots or guest star spots.
    I really hope the TLA one shot Anthony is doing does well enough to maybe get Billy and Teddy at least a 5 issue mini with him writing.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 08-20-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I wonder if Quantumania might lead to Cassie getting a mini or something...I guess they can do stuff with Eli now?

My only issue with Kamala, Riri, Miles, ect being grouped with YA is that their all consuming characters & tend to take the lead/focus in whatever books their in & YA is already such a small group with many underdeveloped characters the thought of them losing panel time in THEIR comic to build up characters who have their own failed solos annoys me they need to stay separate from Champions it's beneath them. Even what they stand for is beneath the Young Avengers Teddy looked at that Kamala Law BS & literally said "Ain't nobody got time for that" (not literally but y'all know what I mean)

YA Volume 3 Cast should be Cassie, Kate, Eli, Tommy, America, Cameos from Billy & Teddy, maybe add the Watts twins for new blood! And the first plot point they should address an Arc for Eli about getting a new identity & coming into his own, Tommy should get his own arc dealing with the juvie shit, & then they need to address Jonas.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-20-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can't find bishop66's post on this. Looks like they were banned. Did they say something about a YA relaunch or are you just assuming? Because I personally find it more likely that a YA relaunch would happen more because Marvel will be in need of a new young group when others have been cancelled recently (Children Of The Atom, Runaways, and possibly Champions) than out of a need to merge the two. They only have New Mutants and Strange Academy currently, and NM could be going away soon due to the X-Men's upcoming new line. I feel like now's the time for a new YA book, if they really want to fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Considering America moved back to NY at the end of her book, and Kate's upcoming book suggesting she's doing the same, I figure we're going to get vol 3/whatever title they go with soon enough, especially if Champions is gone for good as you say.
    I'm really interested in how America's dynamic with the team would be like now after the retcon. Kalinda Vasquez tried to save face there by keeping her alleged connection to the Demiurge, I guess as a way to not completely erase Gillen's work, but she never really clarified how America knew about him if her Utopian Parallel was never real. I hope this is all explained next time we see America interacting with Billy. And good luck to whichever writer will have to sort out this mess.

That being said, if that's the case, I kinda hope Billy and Teddy aren't gonna join it, as blasphemous as that sounds. I know I've said I want YA vol. 3 to be the reunion, but if they're letting the Champions fold in, I feel like that might make the stories skew towards a tween feel rather than something more young adult, given that most of the YAs are in their 20s. I've absolutely loved the past year and few months of Billy and Teddy in more of a serious setting in the cosmic realm, so I'd rather them not get dragged back down to Earth to fight killer social media or normal street goons. That feels beneath them at this point.
    I'm ok with Billy and Teddy not having a regular presence in a YA book IF they are regulars in another book. But currently, with the fate of GOTG being uncertain, I think they absolutely should be with the YA if they're not gonna have another ongoing book. There's no point to me in saying they are doing great cosmic things if we're not gonna see it happening every month, and then get a one-shot every several months to fill the void. It's just a convenient excuse to keep them in limbo, and I'd hate that. Plus, they could say they are doing both, with Teddy still having his cosmic obligations while they team up with the YA on Earth. We see that happening all the time; all the Avengers who have solo books are doing completely unrelated things on their own books while also doing work with the Avengers. Billy and Teddy can multitask. I don't really care as long as we actually get monthly content with them.

Also, I've been meaning to say this for a while: I don't think Billy should be with the Alliance forever. I get it right now; they're just married and will obviously want to spend as much time together as possible. But being the Space King's consort shouldn't be Billy's career, IMO. I want him to have his own career and path away from Teddy too. Like... is he going to college? I've always picture Billy going to med school and being a doctor like his parents; I think that would've been an interesting plot point for him. On top of his magic studies too. How is he preparing for the whole Demiurge thing? I would love to see him perhaps getting a job on Strange Academy to help things out now that Strange is gone while also learning more about himself and his powers from more experienced mages. It's funny because a lot of fans feel like Teddy was relegated to the ''Billy's boyfriend'' role for the longest time, but now I feel like they are doing this to Billy instead by making him a cosmic trophy husband. He's gotta have ambitions outside of that.

The part about the Champs maybe folding into the YAs was my own speculation - you know how they often attempt movie synergy (even if they botch it like with Carol's origin update).

If Bishop is banned, it's probably for a personal attack against me in the Strange Academy thread - he said I was wrong as usual, after a solicit showed that the book wasn't cancelled. I'd said it looks like the book was done as the previous solicit two months earlier had said the school would close until Doctor Strange's death is resolved. Then he says I'm wrong as usual when I posted an update saying that I was glad it wasn't cancelled (i.e. I'd already admitted being wrong and was actually happy about it - I don't take pleasure in saying a book's been axed).

EDIT: Yeah, as I thought. There's some posts missing from that thread, his posts and the direct replies were deleted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-21-2021 at 03:42 AM.

I hate to be that person but I have no shame in admitting if I married into royalty a career is the last thing on my mind lol.