Page 114 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/tqmmyshepherd/st...23126654504963

So apparently this is leaked WandaVision concept art for the Halloween episode and it looks like they were gonna reference Billy's Asgardian outfit before they went with the Wiccan fit. Honestly, I think I would've liked this better. It would've fit better with Tommy dressing up as another Avenger. It was a cool easter egg for comic book fans, but the general audience has no clue who Wiccan is, so that reference just went over a lot of people's heads. I remember this one youtuber reacting to the episode who thought Billy was dressed as Doctor Strange. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hate to be that person but I have no shame in admitting if I married into royalty a career is the last thing on my mind lol.
    And that's your right to be a sugar baby, sis. But my point is that it doesn't make for interesting, INDIVIDUAL fictional stories. Like, yeah... Billy would have a purpose everytime he is with Teddy... but what about his purpose when he's not with him? I want them to be accomplished and successful characters as individual beings too, and not just a couple. Billy is literally destined to become one of the most powerful beings in the universe... embracing that destiny should be important to him just as much as Teddy embracing his destiny as the Kree/Skrull King.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And that's your right to be a sugar baby, sis. But my point is that it doesn't make for interesting, INDIVIDUAL fictional stories. Like, yeah... Billy would have a purpose everytime he is with Teddy... but what about his purpose when he's not with him? I want them to be accomplished and successful characters as individual beings too, and not just a couple. Billy is literally destined to become one of the most powerful beings in the universe... embracing that destiny should be important to him just as much as Teddy embracing his destiny as the Kree/Skrull King.
    This is why I want gotg to continue, or for someone like Anthony to continue their cosmic stories. Throughout gotg, Ewing's been making enough references to the sacred flame, reality warping, and magic that there has to be payoff with Billy. He can thrive and come into his own without having to leave the cosmic side's orbit. I've been saying that Billy needs to get his own brand of magic to stand out, and space based cosmic magic seems like the best route rn. The Demiurge stuff is only ever explored in name only *cough* I'm looking at you Strikeforce *cough*, and given it's a cosmic entity, I feel like this is the best avenue to explore it.

I think had Empyre not happened and they had just gotten married, I'd agree with you that they should do some real world life exploring. But it feels to me now that anything earth based would be a regression rather than exploration. Maybe something like the alliance opening an embassy on Earth and Billy helping with that could be a compromise?

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    This is why I want gotg to continue, or for someone like Anthony to continue their cosmic stories. Throughout gotg, Ewing's been making enough references to the sacred flame, reality warping, and magic that there has to be payoff with Billy. He can thrive and come into his own without having to leave the cosmic side's orbit. I've been saying that Billy needs to get his own brand of magic to stand out, and space based cosmic magic seems like the best route rn. The Demiurge stuff is only ever explored in name only *cough* I'm looking at you Strikeforce *cough*, and given it's a cosmic entity, I feel like this is the best avenue to explore it.

I think had Empyre not happened and they had just gotten married, I'd agree with you that they should do some real world life exploring. But it feels to me now that anything earth based would be a regression rather than exploration. Maybe something like the alliance opening an embassy on Earth and Billy helping with that could be a compromise?
    I would have no issue if they stayed on the cosmic side of things. I just think we have to be realistic about what that means, publishing wise, and how it affects how much they will be actually appearing on books going forward. Guardians Of The Galaxy isn't really their ''home franchise'', and they could get dropped by the time the next writer arrives. Even now on Ewing's run they feel like guest stars more than actual team members. There have been two issues where they were entirely absent, and like I've pointed out before, they don't wear the GOTG uniform like all of the other members. If the Alliance wasn't a part of this story, it's hard to imagine they would even be in the book. So that's why I don't want to get attached to this, because much like other books that came before (New Avengers, Strikeforce), I don't really expect it to be a long term thing for them.

Now, if they had their own ongoing book, that's not something we would need to worry about. They could have all of the cosmic stage to themselves. But with Marvel's reluctance to give them anything other than one-shots, I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that either. That's why I keep going back to Young Avengers. If nothing else works, that is the one book they could rely on. I think it's telling that when someone asked Anthony recently on Twitter what his dream project for Marvel was, his first answer was Young Avengers and not a Wiccan/Hulkling book. I think he, too, realizes that a YA book would probably be his best shot at writing Billy and Teddy on an ongoing basis.

And yeah, I think they could make some compromises between the cosmic and Earth side of things. Like I said before, they don't have to completely drop their cosmic obligations. They could be going back and forth (even if we don't always see that), and sometimes we could even have some cosmic arcs in a YA book when the focus needs to shift to that. We could also keep getting those one-shots (or maybe even minis) every time they need a tie-in for an event or something, while simultaneously keeping them in another ongoing.

For those who SPOTIFY, the brilliant Anthony Oliveira has crafted a playlist for next week's highly anticipated Last Annihilation installment featuring our boys.

Y'all. The VIBES of this playlist have me shook. Beautiful songs. Lovely covers. This issue is gonna be SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    For those who SPOTIFY, the brilliant Anthony Oliveira has crafted a playlist for next week's highly anticipated Last Annihilation installment featuring our boys.

Y'all. The VIBES of this playlist have me shook. Beautiful songs. Lovely covers. This issue is gonna be SOMETHING.
    Ooooh, thanks for telling. I looked it up and here's the link for the playlist if anyone wants it. I'll have a listen to it now (and try not to theorize too much about it!).

Lmao my name is Rictor took me out! Wanda bomb has to drop i'm so ready!! Also Billy's complete unbotheredness to Teddy breaking his SWORD is a whole mood!

There seems to be a piece of the sword missing...and I for one don't trust that villain Brand to have not tried to keep it.

Anthony is serving it. There is so much to love already.

Abigail Brand giving Billy the Daenerys Targaryen laundry list of titles & pledging the Sol system's S.W.O.R.D. (Fantastic)
    Billy's insistence that if something happened to Teddy -- HE would know. (Excellent)
    Billy's immediate understanding of Dormammu's intention/targeting the spirit (Outstanding)
    Tension between Phyla and Teddy (Intriguing!)
    Beefy Dumb Dumb Avalanche not reading the assignment but trying to hard (Hilarious)
    Himbo Herc (Never gets old)
    And of course the Rictor bit is genius comedy. Well done, Anthony. Firing on all cylinders.

I too noticed the sword puzzle pieces look incomplete -- and I wonder if that's intentional or if its just an artistic mistake. I assume its missing bits will be filled by the Mysterium? I kind of hope?
    Billy's reaction to SEEING Ekz'El-Zorr shattered is profoundly relatable. As the husband to a man prone to accidents, continually in combat with his environment and gravity (haha), Billy's affirming "sigh" fed my soul.

So Mar-Vell might be coming back again...... I'm just praying Teddy finally gets to meet his father FOR REAL this time if it happens. If Kelly Thompson gives me the Vell family team up I've always asked for, I will never say anything bad about her EVER.

Also, with all due respect to Teddy, but damn, his daddy looking like a whole DILF on that cover. We love a family with good GENES.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hey look Kate's getting a new comic!! And her Hip Holes are gone!! Truly the end of an era!
    Finally...something besides Billy and Teddy to talk about...

Will be good to see Lucky The Pizza Dog back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So Mar-Vell might be coming back again...... I'm just praying Teddy finally gets to meet his father FOR REAL this time if it happens. If Kelly Thompson gives me the Vell family team up I've always asked for, I will never say anything bad about her EVER.

Also, with all due respect to Teddy, but damn, his daddy looking like a whole DILF on that cover. We love a family with good GENES.
    You couldn't really do a celebration of the name without him.

Kind of curious what Thompson's take on Carol's relationship with Mar-Vell will be here.

Interview with Anthony Oliveira, including Billy and Teddy stuff.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/28/x-...hony-oliveira/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Interview with Anthony Oliveira, including Billy and Teddy stuff.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/28/x-...hony-oliveira/
    His comparison between Billy/Teddy's and Bobby's queer experiences was heartbreaking. Never really thought about it this way, but it's true. Poor Bobby.

Love, love, LOVE his answer to what makes Wickling a good couple. He gets it.

I'm not crazy about the House Of M stuff he wants to do, honestly. Like, I wouldn't mind if it was its own AU like the Secret Wars version, but I don't think that dynamic even exists in the 616 universe to justify a story like this. I know people are super attached to Avengers: The Children's Crusade, but we must remember that was literally the only time Magneto ever interacted with the twins. I have no reason to believe he cares that much about them. We barely see Billy and Tommy interacting with Wanda, which SHOULD be a priority, so I really have a hard time with this idea that they would gravitate towards Erik and want to be a part of some ''mutant royal family'' when that was never their world. I get the appeal because of how ''cool and powerful'' that would look, but that's just superficial stuff. It has to actually make sense for the characters too.

What I DO like is his idea between the Young Avengers and the New X-Men characters. If they have to crossover with the X-side of things, I'd rather see that instead of the whole House Of M thing. Old people be damned, let the youngsters interact!

Anyway, WE GOT A NEW PREVIEW!

The symbolism of the science stuff Billy is saying.... I see what you did there, Mr. Oliveira. And OMG, they remembered John Kesler, Billy's bully who inadvertently became a key part of his origin story by bullying him into awakening his powers!! Did we ever find out what happened to him? Like, didn't Billy put him in a coma or something? I've always felt like he could come back as a future villain seeking revenge.

And we have confirmation that Billy and Teddy went to the same school. I remember that was briefly mentioned in Gillen's Young Avengers, but some fans took issue with it because apparently ''didn't make sense'' since they didn't live in the same district or whatever, but I honestly don't care that much. They could retcon Teddy as someone who lived next to Billy on the Upper West Side for all I care, it doesn't change much about their backstory at all. And honestly, the fact that they might've lived close to each other their entire lives just makes their fated romance even more special to me. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-28-2021 at 05:43 PM.