Page 115 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    His comparison between Billy/Teddy's and Bobby's queer experiences was heartbreaking. Never really thought about it this way, but it's true. Poor Bobby.

Love, love, LOVE his answer to what makes Wickling a good couple. He gets it.

I'm not crazy about the House Of M stuff he wants to do, honestly. Like, I wouldn't mind if it was its own AU like the Secret Wars version, but I don't think that dynamic even exists in the 616 universe to justify a story like this. I know people are super attached to Avengers: The Children's Crusade, but we must remember that was literally the only time Magneto ever interacted with the twins. I have no reason to believe he cares that much about them. We barely see Billy and Tommy interacting with Wanda, which SHOULD be a priority, so I really have a hard time with this idea that they would gravitate towards Erik and want to be a part of some ''mutant royal family'' when that was never their world. I get the appeal because of how ''cool and powerful'' that would look, but that's just superficial stuff. It has to actually make sense for the characters too.

What I DO like is his idea between the Young Avengers and the New X-Men characters. If they have to crossover with the X-side of things, I'd rather see that instead of the whole House Of M thing. Old people be damned, let the youngsters interact!

Anyway, WE GOT A NEW PREVIEW!

The symbolism of the science stuff Billy is saying.... I see what you did there, Mr. Oliveira. And OMG, they remembered John Kessler, Billy's bully who inadvertently became a huge part of his origin story by bullying him into awakening his powers!! Did we ever find out what happened to him? Like, didn't Billy put him in a coma or something? I've always felt like he could come back as a future villain seeking revenge.

And we have confirmation that Billy and Teddy went to the same school. I remember that was briefly mentioned in Gillen's Young Avengers, but some fans took issue with it because apparently ''didn't make sense'' since they didn't live in the same district or whatever, but I honestly don't care that much. They could retcon Teddy as someone who lived next to Billy on the Upper West Side for all I care, it doesn't change much about their backstory at all. And honestly, the fact that they might've lived close to each other their entire lives just makes their fated romance even more special to me. lol
    So Teddy was there the day Kessler got fried which is why he'll show his powers to Billy!! It all makes sense now! Side bar I know their both "nerds" but I didn't realize Billy was that smart I thought their nerdism only went to a love for comics.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/HSteinfeldNews/s...26846302437377

So, uh.... did Rotten Tomatoes just give us a huge Young Avengers spoiler for the Hawkeye show or are they just assuming/speculating? I'm not sure. Either way, let's speculate! Among all the YA, I feel like Cassie or Eli would probably make the most sense showing up in Hawkeye. Maybe America if they want to tease DSITMOM in a post-credit scene or something, but I don't think she would naturally fit in the actual story of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So Teddy was there the day Kessler got fried which is why he'll show his powers to Billy!! It all makes sense now! Side bar I know their both "nerds" but I didn't realize Billy was that smart I thought their nerdism only went to a love for comics.
    I'm not sure if this scene of them in the classroom is around the same time as the scene of them showing their powers to each other, but yeah... it's a possibility. Teddy possibly witnessing Billy almost killing someone when they were just teenagers and barely knew each other is..... heavy. God, I'm so excited for this book! Anthony is feeding us so much content for their backstories!

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

https://twitter.com/HSteinfeldNews/s...26846302437377

So, uh.... did Rotten Tomatoes just give us a huge Young Avengers spoiler for the Hawkeye show or are they just assuming/speculating? I'm not sure.
    Speculation. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't have spoiler access, especially this far out.

It specifically mentions debuts, which wouldn't be Cassie (Ant-Man), Eli (Falcon and Winter Soldier), Billy or Tommy (WandaVision). I can't see anyone else showing up yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It specifically mentions debuts, which wouldn't be Cassie (Ant-Man), Eli (Falcon and Winter Soldier), Billy or Tommy (WandaVision). I can't see anyone else showing up yet.
    Maybe Noh-Var or a spin on Jonas making him a highly advanced Android not Vision.

I'm not crazy about the House Of M stuff he wants to do, honestly. Like, I wouldn't mind if it was its own AU like the Secret Wars version, but I don't think that dynamic even exists in the 616 universe to justify a story like this. I know people are super attached to Avengers: The Children's Crusade, but we must remember that was literally the only time Magneto ever interacted with the twins. I have no reason to believe he cares that much about them. We barely see Billy and Tommy interacting with Wanda, which SHOULD be a priority, so I really have a hard time with this idea that they would gravitate towards Erik and want to be a part of some ''mutant royal family'' when that was never their world. I get the appeal because of how ''cool and powerful'' that would look, but that's just superficial stuff. It has to actually make sense for the characters too.
    I'd love to see Anthony tackle this stuff. The monumental DRAMA of this "family" dynamic is absolutely boiling over with ripe potential. I'd love to see what the boys (Billy & Tommy) feel, if anything, about their connection to these prominent mutants. Lord knows Pietro sure isn't a fan of his own history with Magneto. I'm very curious to discover the Tommy of it all. Particularly with his recent time spent on Krakoa, albeit very minimally and primarily spent with David (Hellfire Gala not withstanding). The content in SWORD implies Magneto still feels very strongly and paternally about Wanda, and he is of course aware of the Kree/Skrull Alliance forged by Teddy, putting him in Billy's orbit at the very least.

I'd love to see Ewing bring Teddy & Billy to Mars for a meeting with Storm, regent of Sol. That would be a terrific starting point to further explore these ties, and whether they're solid or superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I was actually thinking that they might've meant superhero debut, since Hawkeye will actually be the first MCU production to give us a Young Avenger actually being a hero, so it could've been anyone. But the more I look at it, the more it looks like it was just speculation on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'd love to see Anthony tackle this stuff. The monumental DRAMA of this "family" dynamic is absolutely boiling over with ripe potential. I'd love to see what the boys (Billy & Tommy) feel, if anything, about their connection to these prominent mutants. Lord knows Pietro sure isn't a fan of his own history with Magneto. I'm very curious to discover the Tommy of it all. Particularly with his recent time spent on Krakoa, albeit very minimally and primarily spent with David (Hellfire Gala not withstanding). The content in SWORD implies Magneto still feels very strongly and paternally about Wanda, and he is of course aware of the Kree/Skrull Alliance forged by Teddy, putting him in Billy's orbit at the very least.

I'd love to see Ewing bring Teddy & Billy to Mars for a meeting with Storm, regent of Sol. That would be a terrific starting point to further explore these ties, and whether they're solid or superficial.
    Storm was also one of the 1's to vote no for bringing back Wanda so I would love to see her & Billy talk no Cap.

Ultimate Member

Storm was also one of the 1's to vote no for bringing back Wanda so I would love to see her & Billy talk no Cap.
    Yeah, we got zero context for that vote. Does Storm really want Wanda to stay dead for reasonsor is there something more nuanced behind her vote?

Such as;

Does Storm low-key find the whole concept of resurrection distasteful, and think it would be beyond hubris to take it the next level and start resurrecting non-mutants?

Does Storm with her someday-maybe-sorcerer-supreme magical potential sense something magical / spiritual is afoot and that Wanda may well be on some sort of spiritual journey of growth and arcane development that a quick resurrection would only stymie?

Does Storm have a sneaky suspicion that something doesn't smell right here, and wants to know what happened, who killed, and, more importantly, who actually died, before just pumping out *a* Scarlet Witch who, for all she knows, could just be a living dolly with memories of being Magneto's little girl, for Erik to coddle, while the real growed-ass woman is out there somewhere?

Does Storm just like to switch things up and vote the opposite of what everyone thinks she's going to vote on votes that don't matter to her (because she's read the room and figured out the number of 'fers' and 'agins' are hilariously lopsided, so the results are already predetermined before she raises her hand anyway)?

I'd like to think the rationale for her vote is more complicated than 'the author wanted to have X number of votes and just randomly picked people to raise the appropriate hand, regardless of their past characterization' or 'Storm holds a grudge with both hands and wants Wanda to stay dead.'

It could be that she doesn't agree with resurrecting someone using a "very old" backup. (as Xavier indicated)

Also:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/30/th...ling-1-review/

Review sounds very promising.

It could be that she doesn't agree with resurrecting someone using a "very old" backup. (as Xavier indicated)

Also:

Promising indeed!! As far as Storm I'm sure she has her reasons for voting no but I was a little shocked can't lie but I trust mama knows best. Speaking of Mama's when they mentioned Teddy's mom my mind immediately wen't to Anelle's alive!! And no oh were getting Mary-Jo flashbacks! I'm so slow honestly.... Interesting seems like Teddy's major conflict & character development is gonna be through Phyla, while Billy deals directly with Dormmamu, hmm IDK why Phyla would have an issue with Teddy.

Promising indeed!! As far as Storm I'm sure she has her reasons for voting no but I was a little shocked can't lie but I trust mama knows best. Speaking of Mama's when they mentioned Teddy's mom my mind immediately wen't to Anelle's alive!! And no oh were getting Mary-Jo flashbacks! I'm so slow honestly.... Interesting seems like Teddy's major conflict & character development is gonna be through Phyla, while Billy deals directly with Dormmamu, hmm IDK why Phyla would have an issue with Teddy.
    Well she is from an alternate universe where everyone was "better" according to her. Maybe she takes issue with this version of Teddy.

Yeah, that backup presumably pre-dates Avengers Disassembled at least. With Wanda never having X affiliation, it could even go back further.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hell, even I am against resurrecting an ''old Wanda''. That means she wouldn't even remember Billy and Tommy as they currently are. Both from an in and off universe POV, it would erase so much of her development as a character.

Also:

Queen Mary-Jo's back, yesss!!!! I hope the character work they talk about between Teddy and a member of the GOTG is Phyla.

Also, interesting mention of Billy being bullied specifically for being gay. I know this was always implied in the original Young Avengers, but I kind of don't like how Allan Heinberg danced around the issue without showing any actual homophobia. I get it, it was the early 00s and maybe he was trying to be as low-key as possible. But we're living in different times now, and I hope Oliveira is a little bit more transparent when retelling Billy's backstory. I think it's important to show explicitly how his queerness shaped who he is from a young age.

The review doesn't say Phyla has any issue with him, just that there is ''character work'' done between them. It's unclear if it's good or bad.

So I loved Billy & Teddy's one shot!! Seeing their real first kiss, how they met, filling in all those blank areas of speculation for the years was just wonderful!! I love how shook Brand really is of Billy as she should be! Noh & Herc are a really cute couple! Teddy finally getting some in universe family again is so lovely! And I feel it's officially safe to say Billy's Demiurge is meant to be the one that created the elder gods now I feel like that was confirmation in his little convo with Dormmamu, meaning Billy is the HBIC of the gods we love it here!!! T & B are couples goals & the switch was epic.