Page 117 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2114

I'm convinced Ewing only broke Teddy's sword for shock value during Empyre, but for the life of them they couldn't think of a good reason as to how a SWORD that withstood Mew Mew (Thor's Hammer) could break so they BS'd it knowing ultimately we wouldn't Give AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    EVERYTHING HITS DIFFERENT, even going back to Heinberg. When you remember she died right in front of Billy and he tried so hard to save her and couldn't............... this boy must've felt so terribly guilty for that, which yeah, does explain his reckless action in Gillen's run.

Which is why I'm an advocate for locking Kl'rt up and throwing the key away. Him being able to walk somewhat free and work for Teddy does not sit right with me. He shouldn't be allowed to even breathe next to Billy and Teddy. Get that restraining order!
    It's crazy though cause despite the fuckery Kl'rt really is 1 of Teddy's most loyal subjects.

Ultimate Member

EVERYTHING HITS DIFFERENT, even going back to Heinberg. When you remember she died right in front of Billy and he tried so hard to save her and couldn't............... this boy must've felt so terribly guilty for that, which yeah, does explain his reckless action in Gillen's run.

Which is why I'm an advocate for locking Kl'rt up and throwing the key away. Him being able to walk somewhat free and work for Teddy does not sit right with me. He shouldn't be allowed to even breathe next to Billy and Teddy. Get that restraining order!
    The whole scene in Empyre (I think?) where Klrt pledges his loyalty and Teddy is like, 'Yeah, you killed my mom, and we're gonna deal with that, but our people need you right this second...' hits even harder now.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I forgot to talk about this when it came out, but YA fandom was freaking out when a recent description for MCU Kate came out, claiming she's ''trained her whole life to be like Clint'' and ''is ''obsessed with him''. I hope this is just an exaggerated wording of their dynamic and not really literal, 'cause yeah... it doesn't sound very good. I was fully expecting her YA origins to be ignored, but seeing them double down on the Jeff Lemire origin to the point where it looks like being a Hawkeye fangirl is some personality trait for Kate is just... not it. And IF they're doing this, at least I hope the show is self-aware enough to deconstruct that trope too by showing a ''never meet your heroes'' kind of scenario, with Kate realizing Clint is far from perfect (specially in light of the whole Ronin situation) and she should strive to be better adjusted than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The mutant behind Brand you're unsure of is Ruckus, from the Nasty Boys.
    I thought it was Gorgeous George, from the Nasty Boys.

I forgot to talk about this when it came out, but YA fandom was freaking out when a recent description for MCU Kate came out, claiming she's ''trained her whole life to be like Clint'' and ''is ''obsessed with him''. I hope this is just an exaggerated wording of their dynamic and not really literal, 'cause yeah... it doesn't sound very good. I was fully expecting her YA origins to be ignored, but seeing them double down on the Jeff Lemire origin to the point where it looks like being a Hawkeye fangirl is some personality trait for Kate is just... not it. And IF they're doing this, at least I hope the show is self-aware enough to deconstruct that trope too by showing a ''never meet your heroes'' kind of scenario, with Kate realizing Clint is far from perfect (specially in light of the whole Ronin situation) and she should strive to be better adjusted than that.
    That was a thing from Lemire's run? I skipped it so I guess I missed it.

I don't think Kate should be, like, a Clint fangirl or obsessed with him (that seems out of character) but some deference and respect would be appreciated especially given how MCU Hawkeye is viewed within the fandom.

Extraordinary Member

Bad Lemire run flashbacks, and even Lemire only really added in some weird flashback without changing her YA origin.
    It honestly felt more like Kamala Khan ironically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think Kate should be, like, a Clint fangirl or obsessed with him (that seems out of character) but some deference and respect would be appreciated especially given how MCU Hawkeye is viewed within the fandom.
    Lemire add some flashbacks about Kate seeing Clint doing Avengers **** when she is young.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

PHYLA AND TEDDY INTERACTING... I cannot stress how much I've been wanting this. Now I wonder if the reason why Ewing didn't do it in the GOTG book was because they were waiting to give us this special first encounter in this one-shot instead? It makes sense. When Teddy briefly mentioned his mother to her and said ''after she died, I...'' he didn't finish that sentence, but I feel like he was probably going to say he felt alone, without a family? I mean, yeah, he had the Kaplans. But I think it's different when it's you boyfriend's family vs having a family of your own, you know? So him being able to be this close to a family member from his father side after all those years is actually a huge deal. I just hope he gets to meet 616 Phyla at some point, because this AU Phyla's talk about her Dorrek being evil really threw me off and reminded me that yeah... this is not ''our'' Phyla. Also, Teddy knows about Genis! Boy did his homework on his family tree! Good to know. Hopefully they get to meet too now that Genis is seemingly coming back.

The Nega-Bands thing..... wow. I was confused for a second because I thought the bands were still lost in the Darkforce Dimension after Genis died on Thunderbolts... but honestly, I don't even care if Anthony just skipped a huge part of canon here, because what he did was AMAZING! What a great way to reinforce the connection between them while also connecting it to Marvel lore and Teddy's Captain Marvel legacy. It was truly special. Spooky action at a distance! Can ''spooky action'' become like a catchphrase for our fandom now? 'Cause I love it.
    The Nega Bands Genis had weren't the same ones Mar Vell had - Mar Vell's became the Nega Bomb, while Genis got his original bands via his mum, who traded away a space ruby to a thief to steal some from Ronan, and then possibly either the same set, or another set, came from the 'future' version of Genis from Avengers Forever.

Also, Genis is coming back? Who said that?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The mutant behind Brand you're unsure of is Ruckus, from the Nasty Boys.
    Ah, thanks! I'll have to look them up, I've totally forgotten them.

Astonishing Member

Reread from 9-12 and Teddy while not fully forgiving Kl'rt he is able to work with him. He is the type of person to have someone make up for their mistakes with actions, he put him in a position he wouldn't like instead of throwing him in a room.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Lemire gave her one of those ''never seen before origins'', where she was kidnapped as a kid due to her father's criminal activities, and ended up rescued by the Avengers. She was specially impressed by Clint and how he was a regular human without powers among powerful people and all that. So he became a childhood inspiration for her of sorts. He never addressed the Young Avengers origin, but he never erased it either, so supposedly the Central Park incident still happened and still was what ultimately pushed her to become a hero. I don't think the Lemire origin was that bad because he didn't try to force the fangirl aspect of it, even if I preferred Kate being the one Young Avenger with no pre-existing tie to any other Avengers heroes. But it seems very possible that the MCU is going down that route.... I don't think her being inspired by him is inherently bad, but there's gotta be a balance. If they're trying to make Kate another Kamala Khan in terms of being a fangirl, that will definitely come off as a misunderstanding of the character.

And like... it's not like the fan aspect can't exist within the Young Avengers. Literally all of other founding members were supposed to be fanboys to some degree. So the fact that they had to take the ONE character who wasn't one and possibly turned her into that is just... why? Billy and Teddy are right there if they want someone to geek out over the Avengers, and their fans wouldn't complain because we know it was their thing in the comics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The Nega Bands Genis had weren't the same ones Mar Vell had - Mar Vell's became the Nega Bomb, while Genis got his original bands via his mum, who traded away a space ruby to a thief to steal some from Ronan, and then possibly either the same set, or another set, came from the 'future' version of Genis from Avengers Forever.

Also, Genis is coming back? Who said that?
    Ok, thanks for the explanation. It's hard keeping track of Marvel's messy timeline sometimes.

As for Genis, he is reportedly coming back for the current arc on the Captain Marvel book, which is dealing with multiple characters connected to the Cap. Marvel legacy. He even appeared in an upcoming cover, and it looks like Mar-Vell could be coming back for that arc too (he also got a cover). It's unclear how all of those alleged returns will be dealt with, though, and if any of them will be ''for real'' or something like the Marvel Legacies one-shots was.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-04-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

And like... it's not like the fan aspect can't exist within the Young Avengers. Literally all of other founding members were supposed to be fanboys to some degree. So the fact that they had to take the ONE character who wasn't one and possibly turned her into that is just... why? Billy and Teddy are right there if they want someone to geek out over the Avengers, and their fans wouldn't complain because we know it was their thing in the comics anyway.
    As much as it would be true to the comics versions, Billy and Teddy will (likely) already have ties to the Avengers / superhero stuff through their heritage, so it makes sense for Kate, the one who *isn't* tied to that whole world, to be the the superhero enthusiast. Billy, son of Wanda, already has an 'in' to that world. He doesn't have to be a superhero fanboy to get involved. I have no idea what the MCU plans for Teddy are (Mar-Vell and Talos' son, to swap the genders of the parents?), but he'd likely also have a built in hook tying him to the superhero life, due to his alien heritage.

As an adaptation, I'm expecting some differences, and Kate being the fangirl more so than Billy or Teddy would bother me a hell of a lot less than some of the crap I've heard speculated (like Billy being a younger kid than young adult Kate and Cassie, and therefore them being able to kick the can down the road and not portray anything other than subtext-y hints of an eventual romance with Teddy).

This irrational worry some of y'all have about them not eventually showing Billy & Teddy, their go to, most famous gay couple, the blueprint if you will as a couple is ridiculous it'll happen eventually, Young Avengers as a whole is probably at least another 4-5 years away they got time.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah, they're clearly going the long way around with the YA