Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I feel the same. After Thompson's twist with her mother, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Can Kate have one family member who's not shady, please?
    Her brother-in-law ?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

More Wickling art by Gurihiru from the It's Jeff webcomic. I don't ever want it to stop...

Also, happy to see the New Avengers' Kookie Quartet reunited. I miss them interacting with Doreen and Tippy.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-18-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Shouldn't Kamala be wearing her domino mask there? Dressed like that and with those other teen superheroes, if any civilians saw her then her secret identity would be exposed.

Wiccan's costume must be pretty warm, considering that unlike the others, he didn't add any winter clothing. Even Hulkling is wearing a scarf and earmuffs - which doesn't make a lot of sense when his arms are bare!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

I feel the same. After Thompson's twist with her mother, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Can Kate have one family member who's not shady, please?
    Typical superhero stuff.

Once you make it into the big leagues everyone in your family is either secretly evil or secretly a spy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkD8fXrqIG/

So this actor posted about doing research for work along with this picture, in which you can see a panel from Young Avengers #10 (Vol. 1) on the reflection of the window. And yes, that IS the comic he was reading; he even confirms that in the comments when someone asked. Now, I have no idea who this guy is or what connection he could possibly have to a YA production, but just thought I would share because at this point we're all just desperate for any YA content being announced. Between this and the alleged Tommy tape... I don't think it's too crazy to theorize Marvel Studios is in the early stages of a YA production and they just haven't formally announced that yet.

So this actor posted about doing research for work along with this picture, in which you can see a panel from Young Avengers #10 (Vol. 1) on the reflection of the window. And yes, that IS the comic he was reading; he even confirms that in the comments when someone asked. Now, I have no idea who this guy is or what connection he could possibly have to a YA production, but just thought I would share because at this point we're all just desperate for any YA content being announced. Between this and the alleged Tommy tape... I don't think it's too crazy to theorize Marvel Studios is in the early stages of a YA production and they just haven't formally announced that yet.
    No shade but ain't no way in hell this man got casted as any YA character.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No shade but ain't no way in hell this man got casted as any YA character.
    I don't see it either, but him being involved doesn't mean much anyway. I mean, he could literally just be playing Guard #4, Reporter #2 or something like that. I looked him up on IMDB and found out he's also a writer, so maybe his involvement could be from behind the scenes.

I find it interesting that he was reading YA #10, because that's the issue where the Young Avengers meet Tommy for the first time and break him out of juvie. That actually goes with the leaked audition very well, considering the dialogue strongly suggested Tommy was incarcerated when Billy visits him.

Guardians Of The Galaxy had such a disappointing finale for Wickling. They didn't do anything in the issue, had no lines and were only there for a quick kiss in one panel and a group shot. Hate to say it, but their run as Guardians was just super forgettable. Outside of their one-shot (which could've still existed without the main book), nothing really remarkable came out of it. I love Ewing, but I fear he doesn't really know what to do with them long term when he puts them in a team. They also felt directionless after the first arc of New Avengers, and much like most people don't really remember them as New Avengers, I don't expect their Guardians stint to go down in history either. It just sucks, because the potential was there.

I realize this is not fully Ewing's fault, though, since the book was cancelled and maybe he had other plans. As a matter of fact, that tease with Doom and the Skrull (forgot her name) definitely felt like he could be establishing a new threat to Teddy and Billy, since it seemed like her goal was to overthrow the newly formed Skree Empire. Let's hope someone picks up on that and it doesn't end up being a forgotten plot point.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-24-2021 at 03:05 AM.

Guardians Of The Galaxy had such a disappointing finale for Wickling. They didn't do anything in the issue, had no lines and were only there for a quick kiss in one panel and a group shot. Hate to say it, but their run as Guardians was just super forgettable. Outside of their one-shot (which could've still existed without the main book), nothing really remarkable came out of it. I love Ewing, but I fear he doesn't really know what to do with them long term when he puts them in a team. They also felt directionless after the first arc of New Avengers, and much like most people don't really remember them as New Avengers, I don't expect their Guardians stint to go down in history either. It just sucks, because the potential was there.

I realize this is not fully Ewing's fault, though, since the book was cancelled and maybe he had other plans. As a matter of fact, that tease with Doom and the Skrull (forgot her name) definitely felt like he could be establishing a new threat to Teddy and Billy, since it seemed like her goal was to overthrow the newly formed Skree Empire. Let's hope someone picks up on that and it doesn't end up being a forgotten plot point.
    To be honest they never seemed like actual members of the team. They always came off as guest stars in the book. Like Ewing wanted them but someone at Editorial insisted the Guardians only be certain people so he just made them part of the arc he was writing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    To be honest they never seemed like actual members of the team. They always came off as guest stars in the book. Like Ewing wanted them but someone at Editorial insisted the Guardians only be certain people so he just made them part of the arc he was writing instead.
    I definitely get this feeling as well. But it was the ONLY ongoing book they had after Marvel made a big deal out of them in Empyre, so people had expectations. Really wish they had a more solid plan for these two characters after the massive status quo shift they went through. It really feels like they did that and now can't really think of where to put them next, so they just keep throwing them from one event to another, while giving us one-shots every several months to try and keep fans happy. It's not enough.

I definitely get this feeling as well. But it was the ONLY ongoing book they had after Marvel made a big deal out of them in Empyre, so people had expectations. Really wish they had a more solid plan for these two characters after the massive status quo shift they went through. It really feels like they did that and now can't really think of where to put them next, so they just keep throwing them from one event to another, while giving us one-shots every several months to try and keep fans happy. It's not enough.
    It most definitely isn't enough.

Might just be my more cynical side but I get the feeling its less they don't know what to do with them, and more that there's some losers in Editorial keeping anything from being done.

I was thinking at the least Storm or Abigail would pull Billy to the side & drop the Wanda bomb as a little tease to Trial of Magneto but we couldn't even get that I know Wanda is technically "alive" now but I doubt Storm & Abigail know that yet I feel this would have been a good way to tease Storm being a regant by having her drop that bomb to the skree Empire IDK. But with all that build up I expect to see Billy in issue 3-5 of Trial I don't like the idea of the Krakoan's gaslighting TF out of him & getting away with it, hell even Skree died, & Teddy almost died due to machinations I need some drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I was thinking at the least Storm or Abigail would pull Billy to the side & drop the Wanda bomb as a little tease to Trial of Magneto but we couldn't even get that I know Wanda is technically "alive" now but I doubt Storm & Abigail know that yet I feel this would have been a good way to tease Storm being a regant by having her drop that bomb to the skree Empire IDK. But with all that build up I expect to see Billy in issue 3-5 of Trial I don't like the idea of the Krakoan's gaslighting TF out of him & getting away with it, hell even Skree died, & Teddy almost died due to machinations I need some drama!
    I'm starting to fear Billy won't be in TOM at all, and hopefully I'm wrong, but Tommy being wallpaper in the series so far is not giving me a lot of hope.

I'm starting to fear Billy won't be in TOM at all, and hopefully I'm wrong, but Tommy being wallpaper in the series so far is not giving me a lot of hope.
    I mean, we've only 2 out of 5(?) issues, and he is quite occupied haha

Aw ****, we will never hear from him again.