Page 126 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Xochitl Gomez was 14 when they filmed the movie. Which has been upsetting Amerikate shippers a lot since Hailee Steinfeld is about to turn 25.
    I don't think it was ever a real thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was never going to happen but I'm really curious what the age difference with the team is going to be with how old Eli and Kate are (and we don't know what they're going to do with Billy and Tommy).
    Uh, the rumor is Tommy and Billy will be aged up. How much, Idk. But I'm guessing Ms. America is the same age as the actress, barring any timey-wimey wimbly-wombly business

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think it was ever a real thing anyway.

Uh, the rumor is Tommy and Billy will be aged up. How much, Idk. But I'm guessing Ms. America is the same age as the actress, barring any timey-wimey wimbly-wombly business
    That rumor is only word of mouth of Grace what's her face can't be trusted. Especially when their are other rumors saying the exact opposite & more like the ressurection plot line is gone completely & Billy's Judaism along with it, too many rumors with the twins to be trusted honestly.
    Last edited by Journey; 11-01-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Yeah no offense to Amerikate shippers, but if the comics won’t commit to making it canon, what made them think the movies would?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That rumor is only word of mouth of Grace what's her face can't be trusted. Especially when their are other rumors saying the exact opposite & more like the ressurection plot line is gone completely & Billy's Judaism along with it, too many rumors with the twins to be trusted honestly.
    Oh, I didn't know it was from her. I thought there was some video from someone claiming to be playing Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yeah no offense to Amerikate shippers, but if the comics won’t commit to making it canon, what made them think the movies would?
    Wishful thinking?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There is an audition thing going around that appears to be Tommy in prison like in Children's Crusade. So it sounds like they get aged up.

There is an audition thing going around that appears to be Tommy in prison like in Children's Crusade. So it sounds like they get aged up.
    Seen it, while I'll admit it's the closest thing to factual evidence any of these rumor people have it's still hardly credible, IDK like I said so many rumors about the twins this movie in general ECT I'm at a point I don't believe anything need to see to believe. Sidebar no way in hell that dude would have ever been casted as Tommy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    HELLLOOOOO?!?!??! Teddy and Billy are getting an infinity comics series!!!!!

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...y_comic_2021_1
    The way this just dropped out of nowhere... not that I'm complaining. At least it's something.

Not what I expected for their first duo book that's not a one-shot. It feels very much ''fairy tale BL manga'', from the art... to the story... like, even the title logo with that kinda font and pretty sparkles??? Doesn't feel like something that would be a traditional Marvel book, which explains why it's an Infinity Comic exclusive thing. I'm glad that at least they have a platform, but at the same time I can't help but feel like this means Marvel doesn't trust them to get a traditional Marvel book the same way they trust Kate or MAC, and it's just... a little annoying.

Anyway, I thought the story started kinda boring and predictable... BUT I liked the turn things took halfway through. While people are upset about relationship drama yet again, I think the book did nail one particular thing: what Billy wants for his future. I said this before, but he definitely needs to have an ambition besides being Teddy's space consort, so I'm glad this was touched. It's canon that Billy wants to go back to Earth eventually, and I like that. I think it's a good precedent so they won't be stuck in space and can be a part of other stories too. If the book manages to find a middle ground for where they need to be, I think it's going to be worth it.

And that ending.... yeah, it's pretty clear it's not supposed to be a serious thing, BUT I'm really curious to see how it's handled. I think a little AU where we get to see Billy and Teddy with different people is actually pretty interesting to shake things up. I like the choices for their new partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay but HONESTLY ????
    Where was the advertising? WHY are we YET AGAIN beating the same dead horse?? "Will THIS new eeeevil wrench break the machine that is Billy & Teddy's epic romance?

SERIOUSLY. Not every story that centers on a couple has to be about their relationship being in jeopardy! FIND. NEW. IDEAS.
    With the incredible vastness of the cosmic political climate -- the very intriguing Arthurian components to their current status quo -- COME ON.

And no disrespect to the creative team but Anthony Oliveira has a tidal wave of legit ideas. Open the flood gates, Marvel.
    I agree it would've been nice if we got a little heads up about the book coming, but the thing about those digital comics is that they don't really work like traditional Marvel books, so it doesn't really matter when you advertise them. If they do a good job advertising from now on, and as long as people are giving it enough views for the next few weeks or subscribing to the app for it, it could still count as a hit. They don't really have to worry about stuff like pre-order and such. It's pretty much like streaming, but for comics instead.

I was truly surprised this wasn't written by Oliveira, but honestly... it's not a bad thing we are getting more voices for Billy and Teddy. It's good to know there are other writers out there outside of Oliveira/Ewing/Howard who are interested in the characters. More chances for them to be used.

though I'm curious about Billy's "person" he looks godly I wonder if Billy leans to someone who can connect more to his Demiurge destiny (meaning be with him for literal ever) & Teddy got someone more alien (understand his situation more) I find the whole thing very interesting, only thing is I don't get why Bobby got an invitation over David & Tommy i feel that would have made more sense but whatever.
    Billy's new guy definitely looked like a god. Like someone straight from greek mythology or something. I agree that it seems like in this alternative world, they gravitated towards people who were more like them. It's a very interesting concept.

As for the dinner attendees... I think the writer just liked those characters better.

This is definitely inspired by this cover, and I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And are they making Agatha a villain because of WandaVision?..
    I hope it's a misdirect, honestly. Like... this is the kind of synergy thing that makes no sense. Agatha has a good relationship with Wanda in the comics... why on Earth would she want to harm Billy in any way? I HOPE there is some twist in there and she's actually trying to help them by ''putting their love to the test'' or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    My problem is less with ''AmeriKate not being canon'', and more with the fact that regardless of them being canon or not, the age difference does change their dynamic quite drastically as friends. So much from the comics can't be adapted if Kate looks like America's babysitter. But after they turned Monica Rambeau into Carol Danvers' daughter figure.... we shouldn't be surprised at anything. Anything goes in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Oh, I didn't know it was from her. I thought there was some video from someone claiming to be playing Speed
    He wasn't claiming he was playing Speed. It was just an audition, and the actor himself said he didn't know what it was for because no one actually told him. People think it was for Marvel because the dialogue had way too much in common with Billy and Tommy's history to be just a coincidence.

Sidebar no way in hell that dude would have ever been casted as Tommy.
    Leaked auditions rarely mean the actors in them actually got cast. As a matter of fact, auditions being put up online like that usually means they didn't get the role. Remember when we got a leaked audition for kid Tommy on WandaVision and America in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness? Neither of those kids got the roles.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-01-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I hope it's a misdirect, honestly. Like... this is the kind of synergy thing that makes no sense. Agatha has a good relationship with Wanda in the comics... why on Earth would she want to harm Billy in any way? I HOPE there is some twist in there and she's actually trying to help them by ''putting their love to the test'' or whatever.
    With the "Possibilities" theme, it seemed more like Agatha was trying to test them rather than hurt them. The show seems to be inspiring her transformation into a "trickster mentor" figure which, to be fair, there is precedent for in the comics.

A nice little surprise for Billy and Teddy fare. The story was cute and fun. Relationship drama can be a chore, but I think the medium and genre lends itself to more lighthearted romance and less soap opera/melodrama. I think a webtoon can avoid some of the pitfalls of a monthly comic arc 'romance drama'. A welcome addition to their growing library of stories that explores some necessary questions on where we can see the boys in the next step of their journey. Like the art too!

I notice that they mentioned the possibility of Northstar and Iceman inviting them back to their place. That's Krakoa of course. Is it set after Trial of Magneto? Because Billy's been there already if so.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Seen it, while I'll admit it's the closest thing to factual evidence any of these rumor people have it's still hardly credible, IDK like I said so many rumors about the twins this movie in general ECT I'm at a point I don't believe anything need to see to believe. Sidebar no way in hell that dude would have ever been casted as Tommy.
    It makes sense. The two actors playing them in WandaVision are much younger than the rest of the YA cast. Getting people around Steinfeld age makes sense than having to cast a 10 year old to play Teddy to match the actor playing Billy.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 11-02-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I notice that they mentioned the possibility of Northstar and Iceman inviting them back to their place. That's Krakoa of course. Is it set after Trial of Magneto? Because Billy's been there already if so.
    With peace and love, this is one of the beefs I have with this book. WHY invite the gays of Krakoa? I LOVE Krakoa and I LOVE those gays specifically but this doesn't make sense. Billy and Teddy know PLENTY of gays to invite for a GAY dinner party but they opt to invite (again, with peace and love, and I say this as a man pushing 40) THE OLD gays??

What about Tommy and David? America and Ramone? Noh Varr and Hercules? Phyla and Moondragon? Those lesbians from their time with Roberto's Avengers? sigh

With peace and love, this is one of the beefs I have with this book. WHY invite the gays of Krakoa? I LOVE Krakoa and I LOVE those gays specifically but this doesn't make sense. Billy and Teddy know PLENTY of gays to invite for a GAY dinner party but they opt to invite (again, with peace and love, and I say this as a man pushing 40) THE OLD gays??

What about Tommy and David? America and Ramone? Noh Varr and Hercules? Phyla and Moondragon? Those lesbians from their time with Roberto's Avengers? sigh
    I agree JP & Kyle sure they opened the door so Billy & Teddy could pave the way. But Bobby? Like he just cameout I doubt Billy looked up to Bobby who alway portrayed straight Fuck Boi persona to the media, also single Bobby at that I guess him & Christian are done, Tommy & David would have made way more sense, I'll question this even more if Tommy winds up popping up later. Though this does fuel my Head Canon that Billy only puts up with David for Tommy & Teddys sake but really doesn't f*ck with him lmao.

Also can we discuss all the allegations on Twitter that Billy & Teddy are elitist now simply because Billy enjoys the perks of royalty that's such a weird take.
    Last edited by Journey; 11-02-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Billy and Teddy know PLENTY of gays to invite for a GAY dinner party but they opt to invite (again, with peace and love, and I say this as a man pushing 40) THE OLD gays??

As newly-weds they probably wanted some relationship advice from an older married couple. That’s my guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think he meant specifically Northstar and Kyle inviting them back to their HOME, reciprocating the dinner invite, not just inviting them back to the country they live in.

As Dipter mentioned, the newlyweds connecting with a more experienced married couple would seem to be a big part of the motivation.

I'd also suggest that they were maybe trying to expand their social circle. Tommy, David, America, Noh, Toni and Aikku are all already friends of theirs. They have socialized with them before, and undoubtedly will do so again. THIS particular dinner party though seemed to be about branching out.