Page 129 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2114

Why are we discussing Riri, & Kamala they are not Young Avengers the team is already stacked their not needed in any YA project specially cause their getting their own shows. Jonas was always irrelevant he doesn't need a replacement the team functions without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I'm anticipating younger casting, just saw Locke & Key season 2, and still wanting Connor Jessup as Hulkling. (No ideas for Billy, other than not-Tim-Chalamet.)
    Connor Jessup would probably be in his 30's by the time any YA project comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why are we discussing Riri, & Kamala they are not Young Avengers the team is already stacked their not needed in any YA project specially cause their getting their own shows. Jonas was always irrelevant he doesn't need a replacement the team functions without him.
    There is ZERO chance that they're doing both Champions and Young Avengers, it'll probably be a combined team. Kamala and Riri are the only Champs we know have been cast already. It's likely that they will be involved.

Also, if it was comic accurate, America Chavez wouldn't be involved either, as she joined later and wasn't an OG Young Avenger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Regarding the ages for the characters for YA:

Kate is probably going to be the oldest along with Eli, so 19 to 17. Because Hailee Steinfeld is 24 and Elijah Richardson who plays Eli is 19 or 20, so they're going to be the oldest in the group I think given what we've seen of them. So Seniors in High school, or freshmen in College at this point in time.
    Kate won't be in the late teen age range because she's already confirmed to be 22 in her MCU debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There is ZERO chance that they're doing both Champions and Young Avengers, it'll probably be a combined team. Kamala and Riri are the only Champs we know have been cast already. It's likely that they will be involved.

Also, if it was comic accurate, America Chavez wouldn't be involved either, as she joined later and wasn't an OG Young Avenger.
    Theirs no way of knowing that I get the Champion brand is a flop and all, but we got multiple teams in the MCU Eternals, Guardians, Avengers, X-Men, & F4 on the way it's perfectly possible. The YA neither want or needs Kamala who's not even really Kamala or Riri they got their own shows.

Ultimate Member

Theirs no way of knowing that I get the Champion brand is a flop and all, but we got multiple teams in the MCU Eternals, Guardians, Avengers, X-Men, & F4 on the way it's perfectly possible. The YA neither want or needs Kamala who's not even really Kamala or Riri they got their own shows.
    I don't see them being on the team at least in the beginning considering that might make the team too big for a first outing. But I could be wrong.

First Hawkeye reactions are coming out and there's lots of praise towards Hailee as Kate. I've seen more people praising her than Jeremy, which is kinda amusing. I really feel like she's gonna be a scene stealer. And add Vera Farmiga to the mix... I just know they're gonna act the hell out of this show.

Disappointed but not surprised that we didn't get any Young Avengers news on Disney+ Day. I feel like at this point any YA announcement might be considered a spoiler for multiple different productions, so we're not hearing anything until after a certain amount of shows/films are released. Here's hoping Billy and Tommy will be a part of Agatha: House Of Harkness at least... I feel like that's probably the most likely place they could show up after Multiverse Of Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    First Hawkeye reactions are coming out and there's lots of praise towards Hailee as Kate. I've seen more people praising her than Jeremy, which is kinda amusing. I really feel like she's gonna be a scene stealer. And add Vera Farmiga to the mix... I just know they're gonna act the hell out of this show.

Disappointed but not surprised that we didn't get any Young Avengers news on Disney+ Day. I feel like at this point any YA announcement might be considered a spoiler for multiple different productions, so we're not hearing anything until after a certain amount of shows/films are released. Here's hoping Billy and Tommy will be a part of Agatha: House Of Harkness at least... I feel like that's probably the most likely place they could show up after Multiverse Of Madness.
    I imagine Agatha's show is either a prequel of what she had been up to since Salem, what happens to her in Westview after WandaVision, or both. Not much room for Billy and Tommy.

I'm curious what drove Kate to become a vigilante in this continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I imagine Agatha's show is either a prequel of what she had been up to since Salem, what happens to her in Westview after WandaVision, or both. Not much room for Billy and Tommy.
    I think we're definitely getting flashbacks, but I don't think the show will be a full-on prequel, because I fully believe this show only exists because of the success of WandaVision, so I'm like 90% sure they will want to cash in on the Westview story to grab people's attention. What happens to Agatha after that was a big question left hanging, and this show is the perfect opportunity to explore that. And it's precisely because it's a WandaVision spin-off that I have a tiny hope Billy and Tommy might be involved. Not saying they will for sure, but it's not impossible.

My crackhead fanwish is that Billy and Tommy, now older, could head back to Westview to find out more about their origins, and end up accidently breaking the spell that kept Agatha in check, unleashing her back into the world. I mean... that would be one organic way to add them to the story, and it would lowkey be an adaptation of Young Avengers Presents: Wiccan & Speed too.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-12-2021 at 07:13 PM.

I think we're definitely getting flashbacks, but I don't think the show will be a full-on prequel, because I fully believe this show only exists because of the success of WandaVision, so I'm like 90% sure they will want to cash in on the Westview story to grab people's attention. What happens to Agatha after that was a big question left hanging, and this show is the perfect opportunity to explore that. And it's precisely because it's a WandaVision spin-off that I have a tiny hope Billy and Tommy might be involved. Not saying they will for sure, but it's not impossible.

My crackhead fanwish is that Billy and Tommy, now older, could head back to Westview to find out more about their origins, and end up accidently breaking the spell that kept Agatha in check, unleashing her back into the world. I mean... that would be one organic way to add them to the story, and it would lowkey be an adaptation of Young Avengers Presents: Wiccan & Speed too.
    I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility if anyone can break Wanda's spell other than Wanda herself it would be Billy that's perfectly plausible especially since it'll be after MOM & by then we'll have an idea of what's happening with the twins, also Agatha doesn't exactly have alot of side character relationships of huge depth to pull from Billy, Tommy, & Wanda Cameos seem perfectly in the realm of possibility.

Plssssss. Poor Jonas truly got the shortest end of the stick.

Also such a bad idea to have these characters range so much in ages. Because:

1) The older actors start to look real OLD next to the young ones.

2) You’re blocked from pairing certain characters together. Titans has been hinting at Beast Boy and Raven for 3 seasons but they can’t do it because his actor is mid-late twenties and she is a minor.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-13-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

2) You’re blocked from pairing certain characters together. Titans has been hinting at Beast Boy and Raven for 3 seasons but they can’t do it because his actor is mid-late twenties and she is a minor.
    Exactly Jonas is probably canonicaly just sitting somewhere in an Avengers safe house waiting to be used for spare parts in case sh*t hits the fan with real Vision they DGAF about him, they should put his ass in the Champagne bot!

Also America is only 15 if Tommy & Billy do get aged up it'll probably be to 15 aswell cause all their age ups have been 5 years, so Teddy will probably be that age aswell, Eli is fine cause Black don't Crack, but Cassie & Kate will probably look significantly older than the rest when Ya project does happen.

Ultimate Member

Aren't most of the 'pairings' non-canon anyway?

On another note, I always did find it odd they never tried to keep the YA version of Vision around. I guess that's for the Champions to do

The Titans thing is so weird. I don't know why they just couldn't cast two minors or two actors of age. Then again, that whole show is a questionable mess. lol

As for MCU YA... yeah, I can see the age gaps stopping some ships from coming true. Maybe Kate/Eli can still happen, but Kate/Tommy is very uncertain right now that we don't know exactly just how old Tommy will be in the future. I guess they can always replace Kate/Tommy with Kate/Noh-Varr later on. But not gonna lie, I'd be slightly disappointed at the loss of Kammy. It's actually my favorite straight ship within YA. At the end of the day, though, I think they can do without any couple EXCEPT for Wickling.

Exactly Jonas is probably canonicaly just sitting somewhere in an Avengers safe house waiting to be used for spare parts in case sh*t hits the fan with real Vision they DGAF about him, they should put his ass in the Champagne bot!
    Please.... y'all do Jonas so dirty. T_T' I actually miss the guy and have hope Marvel will acknowledge him one day.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Aren't most of the 'pairings' non-canon anyway?
    The Young Avengers have a lot of canon pairings other than Billy/Teddy, actually. Cassie/Nate. Cassie/Jonas. Eli/Kate. Kate/Tommy. Kate/Noh-Varr. Tommy/David. And then there's the relationships with people outside of the YA, like Kate/Johnny, America/Ramone, etc. It's just that Wickling is the only truly relevant couple, so sometimes it might seem like the only one. lol

On another note, I always did find it odd they never tried to keep the YA version of Vision around. I guess that's for the Champions to do
    Yeah, any use they had for Jonas pretty much ended after they introduced Viv. She's already filling the ''young Vision legacy'' role that was his, and I think she's more popular than he was at that. Which is why I feel like if we ever get a young Vision in the MCU Young Avengers, it would probably be Viv, or, at the very least, a mix between her and Jonas. I actually wouldn't mind, as Viv is the one Champion I could see with the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-13-2021 at 09:38 PM.