Page 130 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The Titans thing is so weird. I don't know why they just couldn't cast two minors or two actors of age. Then again, that whole show is a questionable mess. lol

As for MCU YA... yeah, I can see the age gaps stopping some ships from coming true. Maybe Kate/Eli can still happen, but Kate/Tommy is very uncertain right now that we don't know exactly just how old Tommy will be in the future. I guess they can always replace Kate/Tommy with Kate/Noh-Varr later on. But not gonna lie, I'd be slightly disappointed at the loss of Kammy. It's actually my favorite straight ship within YA. At the end of the day, though, I think they can do without any couple EXCEPT for Wickling.

Please.... y'all do Jonas so dirty. T_T' I actually miss the guy and have hope Marvel will acknowledge him one day.

The Young Avengers have a lot of canon pairings other than Billy/Teddy, actually. Cassie/Nate. Cassie/Jonas. Eli/Kate. Kate/Tommy. Kate/Noh-Varr. Tommy/David. And then there's the relationships with people outside of the YA, like Kate/Johnny, America/Ramone, etc. It's just that Wickling is the only truly relevant couple, so sometimes it might seem like the only one. lol
    I should've said 'lasting pairing.'

Yeah, any use they had for Jonas pretty much ended after they introduced Viv. She's already filling the ''young Vision legacy'' role that was his, and I think she's more popular than he was at that. Which is why I feel like if we ever get a young Vision in the MCU Young Avengers, it would probably be Viv, or, at the very least, a mix between her and Jonas. I actually wouldn't mind, as Viv is the one Champion I could see with the Young Avengers.
    I don't think one precludes the other, at least not necessarily. Both teams have an Ant-hero and a Captain Marvel-ish and an Iron-hero. I don't think she'd be a bad fit for the YA but I suspect she'll remain on champions.

Actually considering this version of the twins actually do have an attachment to Vision albeit a fake one the concept of Vision building a new family is potentially very angst inducing & a good focal point for drama.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think one precludes the other, at least not necessarily. Both teams have an Ant-hero and a Captain Marvel-ish and an Iron-hero. I don't think she'd be a bad fit for the YA but I suspect she'll remain on champions.
    I mean, it doesn't NECESSARILY precludes, but it's hard to imagine, I think. Vision is not really the kind of character that leads himself to multiple legacies. And Jonas was just too similar to the OG Vision that I can see how Marvel probably thought he was redundant as a character.

As for Viv... there isn't much Champions for her to remain on right now, is there? I was talking about the MCU anyway. I think it'd be easier for them to add her to YA if she were to appear right now than to build another young/teen group. YA is more likely simply because almost all of the characters are already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Actually considering this version of the twins actually do have an attachment to Vision albeit a fake one the concept of Vision building a new family is potentially very angst inducing & a good focal point for drama.
    I'm praying that the MCU will give us the family story we deserved to get in the comics but never did. Seeing Vision being an actual dad to the older twins would be refreshing.

Ultimate Member

I'm praying that the MCU will give us the family story we deserved to get in the comics but never did. Seeing Vision being an actual dad to the older twins would be refreshing.
    Agreed. I'd love to see Vision get involved with the twins. I was kind of disappointed that Tommy had Quicksilver powers, instead of being some sort of organic synthezoid, with the appropriate abilities (enhanced physical abilities, perhaps limited phasing?).

One twin having powers like mom, and the other powers like dad, rather than mom and mom's brother, would have felt 'right' to me.

I'd argue Tommy's powers are actually very similar to Vision's superspeed was something they had Vision do quite a bit at least on the show, & Tommy can phase through most materials, has more physical resistance then Billy, & his Brain works 1,000 times faster, they actually got a lot in common only thing is Tommy can't fly. He even has the explosion ability which you can say is like Vision's mind beam.

Ultimate Member

Vision's super speed was a random power he didn't have in the MCU though. I don't think Tommy needs to be all like Vision in the MCU tbh

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Vision's super speed was a random power he didn't have in the MCU though. I don't think Tommy needs to be all like Vision in the MCU tbh
    I feel like he used superspeed in like one scene of AoU, but I could be wrong.

Incredible Member

I'm enjoying the comic The Hulkling and Wiccan: Infinity Comic, why isn't anyone commenting? Is this thread to comment on the comic?

I found issue 3 sad, poor Eidolon, I was sad for him, I'm really curious about him, about his origins and what will happen to him, I'm wanting to read more about him!

But what happened to Billy at the end of the issue, now I want to read the confrontation between Teddy and Billy!

And which outfit of his in the comic is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I'm enjoying the comic The Hulkling and Wiccan: Infinity Comic, why isn't anyone commenting? Is this thread to comment on the comic?

I found issue 3 sad, poor Eidolon, I was sad for him, I'm really curious about him, about his origins and what will happen to him, I'm wanting to read more about him!

But what happened to Billy at the end of the issue, now I want to read the confrontation between Teddy and Billy!

And which outfit of his in the comic is the best?

I like the 1st one better overall I just feel if Billy's gonna keep that haircut he needs a headpiece. Though he mad thicc in the second 1 both work overall.

I would adore if he kept the look from this comic. It has just been, pardon the pun, stellar. The diadem/headpiece is a beautiful homage, his hair, I hope, is in the style most will adopt. The fade sides and absolute chaos of wisps on top, and I am over the moon at his scarf as a cape. It all rings just so much of his Scarlet Witch heritage without being a direct copy. Ironically, I think his alternate reality look would pair great with Hulkling's "Emperor" look. But maybe that's just me.

I'm also liking the ease of the narrative. Again, main people were sorta annoyed that the story revolved around "splitting up" the pair, but its such a fun read and a joy to look at that I can't be mad. Especially when they made it clear every single issue that the two of them still long for each other, even if they had lived completely different lives. It's a bit saccharine, but it's a nice change from all the doom and gloom we've dealt with every time they've been featured (Empyre, King In Black, Guardians of the Galaxy). It's fun seeing them in a comic that's one part superhero, one part dating sim, one part manga (such Sailor Moon energy).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like he used superspeed in like one scene of AoU, but I could be wrong.
    I don't recall that at all myself. It was kinda odd, especially since Tommy does have intangibility IIRC

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think the comic is good enough, but it just feels soooo slow. I feel like so little has happened in 3 issues, and now there's only one left. Like, we don't know why Agatha is doing what she did. Hell, we don't even know for sure if the villain IS Agatha. I'm not sure if the finale will be that satisfying when they have so much to wrap up and explain, on top of obviously making things go back to normal.

This Hulkling & Wiccan webtoon feels like the Death's Head mini.
    Like, its a story featuring Young Avenger characters but it doesn't feel like its real or matters to continuity. It feels inconsequential. Pocket reality stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This Hulkling & Wiccan webtoon feels like the Death's Head mini.
    Like, its a story featuring Young Avenger characters but it doesn't feel like its real or matters to continuity. It feels inconsequential. Pocket reality stuff.
    Maybe there's some surprise twist at the ending?

Despite the big age difference, I think Hailee and Xochitl look fine next to each other.