Page 131 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Despite the big age difference, I think Hailee and Xochitl look fine next to each other.
    As long as they don't play her too young, I guess, although I'm still not sure how they're handling it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Despite the big age difference, I think Hailee and Xochitl look fine next to each other.
    Oh, wow. I think this is the first time we've seen a picture of two YA actors next to each other (well, other than the child actors from WandaVision of course). Xochitl does look very mature. If you didn't tell me, I definitely wouldn't know know there is such a big age gap between her and Hailee. I hope they have a good friendly dynamic in the MCU when/if they eventually meet.

Also, I love that Xochitl keeps getting invited to every Marvel premiere, LOL. She's slowly becoming a poster girl for Marvel Studios.

Very excited to see what they do with MAC in MoM.

https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...85780961644552

So Disney/Marvel is apparently sending these as a gift to early screeners of Hawkeye. I'm not sure how canon this is supposed to be, but the ''Bishop Security'' card might be a little spoiler about her family business in the MCU, right? In the comics they ran a publishing empire, if I remember correctly. Or maybe this is a hint at her job as a PI? We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The Titans thing is so weird. I don't know why they just couldn't cast two minors or two actors of age. Then again, that whole show is a questionable mess. lol

As for MCU YA... yeah, I can see the age gaps stopping some ships from coming true. Maybe Kate/Eli can still happen, but Kate/Tommy is very uncertain right now that we don't know exactly just how old Tommy will be in the future. I guess they can always replace Kate/Tommy with Kate/Noh-Varr later on. But not gonna lie, I'd be slightly disappointed at the loss of Kammy. It's actually my favorite straight ship within YA. At the end of the day, though, I think they can do without any couple EXCEPT for Wickling.
    The recently concluded DC Universe animated movies had Nightwing and Starfire be noticeably older than Beast Boy and Raven so there's precedent. I don't get why BB and Raven are played by such significantly different aged actors though. I guess someone really wanted to cast Ryan Potter as Beast Boy and didn't think of the age gap at the time.

As for the YA pairings, I'm okay with it as I far prefer Kate/Noh-Varr, Tommy/David and Kate/Eli to Kammy anyway. Though Eli in TFatWS was much younger than MCU Kate too, so that's interesting.

https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...85780961644552

So Disney/Marvel is apparently sending these as a gift to early screeners of Hawkeye. I'm not sure how canon this is supposed to be, but the ''Bishop Security'' card might be a little spoiler about her family business in the MCU, right? In the comics they ran a publishing empire, if I remember correctly. Or maybe this is a hint at her job as a PI? We'll see...
    I'm surprised that would make them that wealthy but I guess security pays well. I wonder if it's Kate's dads thing (if he's in it) or if Swordsman is one of their security people.

Maybe that's why Kate ends up wearing a suit.

https://twitter.com/Hawkmaestro21/st...11493163532296

LMAOOOOOOO

I'm glad people are openly asking about it, though. It's important for Feige to know people care! Maybe that'll speed up an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised that would make them that wealthy but I guess security pays well. I wonder if it's Kate's dads thing (if he's in it) or if Swordsman is one of their security people.

Maybe that's why Kate ends up wearing a suit.
    And now that I think about it, maybe this could be tied to her wish to be a hero/vigilante. If she grew up seeing her family doing security business, maybe that sparked the interest to protect people in her.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/hawk...rennerbronies/

Kate book preview confirms she broke up with Johnny. Honestly... I'm not surprised. I think they want a clean slate now that Kate is in NY again. Also, nice to see she has a group chat with America and Cassie.

--

So.... looking at the February 2022 solicits, while there's still no new YA book (as usual lol), there are two interesting things:

- We're getting a Young Avengers omnibus featuring all the YA books from Vol. 1 up until The Children's Crusade (including the minis like Civil War and Secret Invasion). We've been getting so many reprints lately. Gotta respect Young Avengers for being the only Marvel IP with such a successful backlog who STILL won't get a relaunch in years. They don't even need a new book to stay relevant; they're just that powerful.

- They're also releasing a special trade for America Chavez stories, likely to promote the Doctor Strange movie. The funny thing? The TPB only collects Young Avengers and America (2017) issues. There is NO mention at all of her latest series, which would be weird right? But when you think about it... it's actually the smart way to promote it. That book felt so disconnected from every other MAC story that it would actually be quite jarring to pair it with the other stories that it directly retcons. And since they are promoting the movie that will likely portray America as a multiverse powerhouse, there is even less reason to promote the book that essentially erased that from her. So... I think Marvel is already realizing how much of a mistake that book was now that they need MCU synergy. SMH... should've thought of that before greenlighting the damn book.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-19-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Johnny was like the best relationship Kate ever had that's annoying honestly.

And about the other Solo they could just say all that sh*t was a fever dream, they destroyed everything about Mac to make her a basic Hispanic girl so lowkey I'm like they made their bed let em lay in it.

Is Swordsman Kate's dad here?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/hawk...rennerbronies/

Kate book preview confirms she broke up with Johnny. Honestly... I'm not surprised. I think they want a clean slate now that Kate is in NY again. Also, nice to see she has a group chat with America and Cassie.
    Off-panel breakup, huh? I wonder if she'll get a new love interest in the mini.

Nice to see they remember her friendship with Cassie though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Is Swordsman Kate's dad here?

Off-panel breakup, huh? I wonder if she'll get a new love interest in the mini.

Nice to see they remember her friendship with Cassie though.
    Yeah...but referring to America as her Best Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah...but referring to America as her Best Friend.
    It comes off like she's besties with both, but that's just my reading.

Billy and Tommy over in Trial of Magneto preview image courtesy of X-Men Monday on Adventures in Poor Taste

How do we feel about the ending for Billy & Teddy's comic? Overall I have to say I really enjoyed it, I found Agatha's reasoning a tad convoluted though, Billy & Teddy especially Billy really just said "**** Goebig & Eidolon" lowkey I feel bad lmao, I find it morally a tad f*cked up cause it means Billy either created both of them just to abandon 1 & steal Teddy back from the other or he hijacked their lives & just dipped leaving them depressed kinda f*cked up but it fits Billy's character I can't even lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Billy and Tommy over in Trial of Magneto preview image courtesy of X-Men Monday on Adventures in Poor Taste

I need this haircut gone his face is too beautiful for this!