Page 135 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2114
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hawkeye spoilers spoilers:
    oh yeah, Yelena's definitely going to be on whatever Young Avengers/Champions thing they do. Pugh and Steinfeld have great chemistry.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    oh yeah, Yelena's definitely going to be on whatever Young Avengers/Champions thing they do. Pugh and Steinfeld have great chemistry.
    end of spoilers
    I sincerely hope not. More of the actual team needs to be in and getting focus before they start adding extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume it's from the latest Marvel Voices.
    It is indeed. Weirdly, the guy she's talking to is Amadeus Cho.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she has olympic level skills but she has barely any practical fighting experience and is basically just winging it. She can do decently against the Tracksuits but it's a different story against a trained fighter.
    Too much time in dojos and competitions that have rules and refs.

Ultimate Member

end of spoilers
    I hope not. The MCU team needs actual superpeople and not just a bunch of punch/kick people.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean with Kamala in the mix it already feels like they're merging YA and Champions.

I mean with Kamala in the mix it already feels like they're merging YA and Champions.
    They should keep Kamala and the rest of the Champions away from the team too.

Ultimate Member

We don't know the for sure though. Even YA isn't confirmed

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

end of spoilers
    I don't think so. Yelena was clearly introduced as being a part of Valentina's posse, so I think it's a lot more likely we'll see her hanging out with U.S.Agent and whoever else joins them in the future than a Young Avengers like group. I do agree on them having chemistry, though. I hope they can still cross paths in the future.

Is she in the mix, though? With her own show that could get multiple seasons plus her being a supporting character for the Captain Marvel movies, Kamala will have a lot on her hands already. There is not much evidence she'll have anything to do with the Young Avengers characters. People just decided to lump her with the team because she is young, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. She could be like Spider-Man.

Ultimate Member

Eh, the MCU Avengers founders included Black Widow, who was the third woman to join the team, *eleven years later,* so I'm not too shocked that they aren't 100% matching the books. Yelena's an established character, and seeing people Kate and Yelena's age fills me with hope that the other Young Avengers will also be 20-something-ish, and not kids, because that's one speculation I've seen, that Disney would sidestep any significant queer rep by having Billy and Teddy be twelve-year-olds, so they can legitimately not show them in a relationship.

I would hate for all of them to be in their 20's like for what, I think we've moved past Marvel being afraid of the gays in the MCU phaostos exist, hell they even had a casual lesbian in Hawkeye it's not that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I would hate for all of them to be in their 20's like for what, I think we've moved past Marvel being afraid of the gays in the MCU phaostos exist, hell they even had a casual lesbian in Hawkeye it's not that deep.
    I'll believe the MCU isn't afraid of the gays when we get a gay main character who headlines the show/movie instead of a one-off joke or background character.
    And while I haven't seen Eternals yet, from what I heard of it...we just a kiss and 'super safe domestic family time'. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they're going to be giving us more positive representation.

Probably a while before we actually see the YA actually appear. A lot can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is she in the mix, though? With her own show that could get multiple seasons plus her being a supporting character for the Captain Marvel movies, Kamala will have a lot on her hands already. There is not much evidence she'll have anything to do with the Young Avengers characters. People just decided to lump her with the team because she is young, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. She could be like Spider-Man.
    She's an Avengers legacy and she'll be as busy as Kate is in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh, the MCU Avengers founders included Black Widow, who was the third woman to join the team, *eleven years later,* so I'm not too shocked that they aren't 100% matching the books. Yelena's an established character, and seeing people Kate and Yelena's age fills me with hope that the other Young Avengers will also be 20-something-ish, and not kids, because that's one speculation I've seen, that Disney would sidestep any significant queer rep by having Billy and Teddy be twelve-year-olds, so they can legitimately not show them in a relationship.
    But what's the point of Yelena joining? I mean, the MCU's decision to use Black Widow wasn't really a great one IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    But what's the point of Yelena joining? I mean, the MCU's decision to use Black Widow wasn't really a great one IMO
    She's an Avengers legacy. People like her. She's got skills.