Page 136 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's an Avengers legacy. People like her. She's got skills.
    I mean joining the Young Avengers. She's more of a Dark Avenger so she'd work better there

And I thought people hate the whole legacy hero thing

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I mean joining the Young Avengers. She's more of a Dark Avenger so she'd work better there

And I thought people hate the whole legacy hero thing
    Well, you can't really talk about the Young Avengers without the legacy aspect.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh, the MCU Avengers founders included Black Widow, who was the third woman to join the team, *eleven years later,* so I'm not too shocked that they aren't 100% matching the books. Yelena's an established character, and seeing people Kate and Yelena's age fills me with hope that the other Young Avengers will also be 20-something-ish, and not kids, because that's one speculation I've seen, that Disney would sidestep any significant queer rep by having Billy and Teddy be twelve-year-olds, so they can legitimately not show them in a relationship.
    I think there is a difference between ''not matching the books by adding later members early on'' and ''not matching the books by adding members who were never a part of the team in the first place''. Black Widow being a founding Avenger would be equivalent to America Chavez being a founding Young Avenger in the MCU. Yelena being a Young Avenger would be the equivalent to, say, Madame Masque being an Avenger. It could happen, but... would it be necessary? The Avengers movie did change things, but they undeniably took direct inspiration from the comics when it came to adding members. That's why they went with Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as the new characters of the sequel (and had plans for Captain Marvel to be added around that time too). All classic, actual Avengers characters.

Also, we know that the original plan was for Ant-Man and the Wasp to be in the MCU Avengers earlier, and that only didn't happen because of Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie. Just recently we found out that Joss Whedon wanted Zooey Deschanel as Wasp. So they DID want to be more comics accurate, but plans just changed. I don't think there is going to be this same kind of hold up with the Young Avengers, so I don't think there is any need for any drastic changes to the team roster at first. Allan Heinberg's run should be pretty easy to adapt, and I think they would be overcomplicating things by adding the likes of Yelena, Kamala, etc. I can see changes if they use similar characters to fill other characters' shoes (like Viv instead of Jonas), but straight up adding unrelated characters would require more layers to the story than it needs.

Probably a while before we actually see the YA actually appear. A lot can happen.

She's an Avengers legacy and she'll be as busy as Kate is in my opinion.
    We don't know what Kate will be busy with, though. We know Kamala has a more or less clear path: she has a show all of her own, and outside of that, they seem to be wanting her to be on the same league as Carol and Monica, so that'll probably be her ''corner'' of the Marvel Universe whenever she needs to appear in a movie. I don't really see it as the kind of role that naturally leads her to the Young Avengers. Hawkeye seems more like a limited series, so Kate might not have that show to rely on going forward. As for the movies, she hasn't been confirmed on anything. The only rumor we have is about her appearing in Quantumania, which does connect her directly to a Young Avenger character ('cause let's be real, there's literally no other reason for them to want Kate in that movie if it wasn't for a Kate/Cassie tease). Until we have further confirmation of what Kate's future in the MCU looks like, I think she needs the Young Avengers more than Kamala.

And the legacy aspect is also another reason why Kamala doesn't really need the Young Avengers: she is a Captain Marvel legacy, a role which is already filled by Hulkling on the team. And I guess my fear here is that Marvel would find that redundant, so if Kamala is the Captain Marvel of the Young Avengers, Teddy would be the Hulk, maybe even with a changed backstory to fill that role, which I would REALLY hate. Not to mention how it would probably affect the comics and make Teddy be stuck as Hulkling forever when he desperately needs a rebrand.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-17-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Preview for the second issue of Kate's mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We don't know what Kate will be busy with, though. We know Kamala has a more or less clear path: she has a show all of her own, and outside of that, they seem to be wanting her to be on the same league as Carol and Monica, so that'll probably be her ''corner'' of the Marvel Universe whenever she needs to appear in a movie. I don't really see it as the kind of role that naturally leads her to the Young Avengers. Hawkeye seems more like a limited series, so Kate might not have that show to rely on going forward. As for the movies, she hasn't been confirmed on anything. The only rumor we have is about her appearing in Quantumania, which does connect her directly to a Young Avenger character ('cause let's be real, there's literally no other reason for them to want Kate in that movie if it wasn't for a Kate/Cassie tease). Until we have further confirmation of what Kate's future in the MCU looks like, I think she needs the Young Avengers more than Kamala.

And the legacy aspect is also another reason why Kamala doesn't really need the Young Avengers: she is a Captain Marvel legacy, a role which is already filled by Hulkling on the team. And I guess my fear here is that Marvel would find that redundant, so if Kamala is the Captain Marvel of the Young Avengers, Teddy would be the Hulk, maybe even with a changed backstory to fill that role, which I would REALLY hate. Not to mention how it would probably affect the comics and make Teddy be stuck as Hulkling forever when he desperately needs a rebrand.
    I don't disagree that Teddy needs a rebranding but on-paper Kamala seems like a more clear Carol legacy than Teddy does, especially since he's more connected to Mar-Vel.

I don't disagree that Teddy needs a rebranding but on-paper Kamala seems like a more clear Carol legacy than Teddy does, especially since he's more connected to Mar-Vel.
    Oh, yeah, I agree: Kamala is a Captain Marvel legacy because of Carol, while Teddy is a Captain Marvel legacy because of Mar-Vell. I just fear that this distinction won't really be enough for the MCU, specially because MCU Mar-Vell was totally forgettable as a character. So I wouldn't put it past them to just change Teddy's backstory completely so Kamala can stand out as THE Captain Marvel legacy. I feel like that would be a lot more likely to happen if they were both Young Avengers, which is part of the reason why I don't want Kamala on the team.

Kamala just does not fit the vibe of the YA at all

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How so? Because she's on the younger side?

How so? Because she's on the younger side?
    1 she's straight that's Kate's thing, 2 yes she's way younger than them (in comics) 3 her energy is just something else..... like even her loud ass outfit would look so weird next to the modernized/MCU YA looks.

1 she's straight that's Kate's thing, 2 yes she's way younger than them (in comics) 3 her energy is just something else..... like even her loud ass outfit would look so weird next to the modernized/MCU YA looks.
    Well, they already de-aged America, so I don't think age will be that much of a factor. Eli and Cassie are also straight (as far as we know).

I don't think her costume would look that out of place but that's just me.

Well, they already de-aged America, so I don't think age will be that much of a factor. Eli and Cassie are also straight (as far as we know).

I don't think her costume would look that out of place but that's just me.
    Kate Bishop Law is anyone who dates her is not straight in some capacity. Eli dated Kate we are left with no choice but to assume.

Ultimate Member

I don't see her joining the YA but I don't think she doesn't necessarily fit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, yeah, I agree: Kamala is a Captain Marvel legacy because of Carol, while Teddy is a Captain Marvel legacy because of Mar-Vell. I just fear that this distinction won't really be enough for the MCU, specially because MCU Mar-Vell was totally forgettable as a character. So I wouldn't put it past them to just change Teddy's backstory completely so Kamala can stand out as THE Captain Marvel legacy. I feel like that would be a lot more likely to happen if they were both Young Avengers, which is part of the reason why I don't want Kamala on the team.
    Teddy's backstory already needs to be changed anyway, due to Mar-Vell being a woman who died 25 years ago. In the comics, he's a man who died about 10 years ago. Even if they just make Genis-Vell Teddy's father (instead of half-brother), it's still a backstory change.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2021 at 06:02 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I agree she fits more with Thunderbolts/ Dark Avengers for now. I do think we'll see a New Avengers team eventually that has some members from both down the line though.

Easy fix for Teddy's story is to just say that Mar-Vell from captain marvel is real Mar-Vells mother.

https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...43045496520708

It's good seeing Charles Murphy saying this. Besides being one of the most reliable scoopers out there, he is always very careful in the way he words his answers so he won't be confirming anything he's not sure about, so the fact that he gave such a positive answer probably means he's heard things are going forward, I hope.

I'm not sure if the YA has a ''vibe'', per se... as Avengers, I think any young legacy hero could join them eventually in the comics, even Kamala. My issue is that if they're about to make their debut in the MCU, I absolutely think they should stick to the source material at first. I want Billy/Teddy/Nate/Eli/Cassie/Kate/Tommy to be for the MCU YA what Steve/Tony/Bruce/Natasha/Thor/Clint were for the MCU Avengers. I don't even want America and Loki added as members right away, much less other people who were never Young Avengers. I want them to start like the comics, and then build slowly from there. It's unavoidable that there will be changes, but like I said, I think Allan Heinberg's run is very easy to adapt, as a general concept. They just need to take those characters and pit them against Kang. I'll be disappointed if their origin story in the MCU is anything other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teddy's backstory already needs to be changed anyway, due to Mar-Vell being a woman who died 25 years ago. In the comics, he's a man who died about 10 years ago. Even if they just make Genis-Vell Teddy's father (instead of half-brother), it's still a backstory change.
    Yes, but my point with that post was to suggest that they could change Teddy's story so he can be a part of the Hulk family, as opposed to a cosmic character with ties to the Captain Marvel legacy. Genis being his father would be an acceptable change for me, him being an actual Hulk would not.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-19-2021 at 05:13 AM.