Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I've been under the impression that IMDB has gotten the smaller roles on these shows right, so this is definetely exciting!

Ever since they announced Kang's actor I've been thinking that they should have went for making him a woman as well and just merge the characters of Nate and Riri.
    Oh geez no!

Keep them separate.

WandaVision will give us Wiccan and Speed, the Falcon and the Winter Soldier will give us Patriot, Doctor Strange 2 will give us Ms. America, Hawkeye will give us Hawkeye II, Ms. Marvel will introduce Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man 3 will give us an heroic Cassie Lang, and Ironheart will give us Ironheart. I think Captain Marvel 2 will give us Hulkling.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision will give us Wiccan and Speed, the Falcon and the Winter Soldier will give us Patriot, Doctor Strange 2 will give us Ms. America, Hawkeye will give us Hawkeye II, Ms. Marvel will introduce Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man 3 will give us an heroic Cassie Lang, and Ironheart will give us Ironheart. I think Captain Marvel 2 will give us Hulkling.
    Some think that Secret Invasion will give Hulkling since it deals with Skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Some think that Secret Invasion will give Hulkling since it deals with Skrulls.
    Secret Invasion seems like the more likely place for them to introduce Teddy, but I want him now!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Potential Falcon and the Winter Soldier spoilers:
    spoilers:
    we may have our Eli
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ru...s-eli-bradley/
    end of spoilers
    Murphy confirmed after he published this that he heard from his sources the casting is legit. That seals the deal for me. Very happy about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    If that casting is true, then all we have left is Teddy, Tommy and Billy, two of which we're guaranteed to find out in the coming weeks, with Teddy rumored as well. Exciting times! Nate as well, but we'll see if he's included at all given Riri coming in the next few years.
    Marvel saving the casting of my faves for last is anxiety inducing. Part of me hopes that it's a ''saving the best for last'' scenario, which is why they haven't told us anything. If you look at the stuff they chose to keep under wraps for The Mandalorian... I can only hope Billy/Tommy and possibly Teddy will get that sort of treatment/reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Secret Invasion seems like the more likely place for them to introduce Teddy, but I want him now!
    Well, if the rumors about Teddy on WandaVision are true, you might just get that. I hope they are, even if his role is not that big, just because I want them to rip the band-aid off by revealing the last three major Young Avengers all at once instead of making us wait more.

Does Robert Morales have some kind of right to Isaiah Bradley or am I wrong? I thought I heard something to that effect, that's why they stopped using Eli as the Patriot and created Rayshaun Lucas. If Morales does have a creative compensation deal, will he get paid if FaWS use Eli in the series?

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Does Robert Morales have some kind of right to Isaiah Bradley or am I wrong? I thought I heard something to that effect, that's why they stopped using Eli as the Patriot and created Rayshaun Lucas. If Morales does have a creative compensation deal, will he get paid if FaWS use Eli in the series?
    I'm not gonna pretend to know copyright law and stuff, but I'm assuming Eli's slow return to comics since the YA Marvel 80 one shot means that they've worked something out with him. Otherwise, I'm assuming they would've just pushed Rayshaun into FatWS instead, or just replaced Eli with America for the "stars and stripes" hero of the team in the MCU. As it stands now, that suggestion from one of the scoopers that said we're actually getting the Vol. 1 team might come true, given we have an idea of everyone appearing sans Nate.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Rayshauns costume is still better than Eli's "just a domino mask" suit. The full mask is so much better

But yeah between all the rumors and confirmed stuff this is gonna be the YA's biggest year till the inevitable Disney+ event series
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 01-04-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

New WV trailer shows an up close look of one of the twins, with the other just out of frame!!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...791393285?s=19

ALSO, from a press release received by some people, WV will be 9 episodes, which definitely gives them time to age them up all the way to teenagers!
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 01-04-2021 at 10:48 AM.

I'm not gonna pretend to know copyright law and stuff, but I'm assuming Eli's slow return to comics since the YA Marvel 80 one shot means that they've worked something out with him. Otherwise, I'm assuming they would've just pushed Rayshaun into FatWS instead, or just replaced Eli with America for the "stars and stripes" hero of the team in the MCU. As it stands now, that suggestion from one of the scoopers that said we're actually getting the Vol. 1 team might come true, given we have an idea of everyone appearing sans Nate.
    Nate as well actually, because Kang is the villain in Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nate as well actually, because Kang is the villain in Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania.
    No shade but Kang the Conqueror seems so above Ant-Man and the Wasp. That being said maybe Nate will show up sans Jonas he was the only real love interest Cassie ever had.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No shade but Kang the Conqueror seems so above Ant-Man and the Wasp. That being said maybe Nate will show up sans Jonas he was the only real love interest Cassie ever had.
    I think the idea is that he’ll be a villain for Quantumania, but like Loki, he’ll then move on to be the villain in the next Avengers movie.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    No one knows what the legal issue was. It was never made clear. Also, Robert Morales died, so the issue wasn't really with him, but with whoever inherited his estate. But I don't believe they would get any compensation from Eli alone, because Eli was not a Morales creation. I think Eli simply got caught in the middle of the situation due to his very close connection to the Bradleys, and Marvel felt like they couldn't use him until they sorted that out. Now if Isaiah does show up in TF&TWS, then yeah, maybe they have some deal for that. I think everything was sorted out by the time Eli came back to comics in 2019.

But speaking of creators getting credit, it just hit me that Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung will probably be credited under the special thanks portion of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier and Hawkeye credits, due to them being the creators of Eli and Kate. That's pretty cool. I guess they could also be credited on WandaVision, but that depends on how much the twins will be inspired by the Wiccan/Speed version of the comics. Otherwise, I think the credits will just go to Steve Englehart and Richard Howell for creating the original William and Thomas.

New WV trailer shows an up close look of one of the twins, with the other just out of frame!!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...791393285?s=19
    So cute! I saw some people pointing out that there seems to be something on the forehead of the baby in the shot, but I think that might be just a birthmark or a rash, not necessarily anything relevant to the story.

ALSO, from a press release received by some people, WV will be 9 episodes, which definitely gives them time to age them up all the way to teenagers!
    I'm glad about the episode count because back when we thought the show would only have 6 episodes and one era for each episode, it seemed like we would only get them as teenagers in the last one. But with the way the show is being structured, it's possible we'll see their teen versions for more episodes, and maybe even more time too, 'cause I suspect the second half of the show will be longer than the first few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think Kang's connection to AM&TW is entirely because of the time travel concept, and MAYBE because of Cassie too. An older Nathaniel Richards interacting with her could be a potential setup for a Young Avengers production. Also, there are rumors from reliable sources saying Kang will actually debut in Loki first, so I think Marvel's plan for him is pretty extensive and doesn't include just a single production.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-04-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'd also be willing to guess that WandaVision's post credits scene could have America Chavez in it

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'd also be willing to guess that WandaVision's post credits scene could have America Chavez in it
    We're expecting the tv show to have post credit scenes?