Page 25 of 141 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They just announced a Young Squadron book for the Heroes Reborn thing, and I guess that is essentially the Young Avengers of that universe. No actual YA characters announced so far, though.

The Young Avengers technically wouldn't even exist in the Heroes Reborn universe because the Avengers don't exist there either. But now that I think about it, I'm afraid some members wouldn't even be born, because if the Avengers never existed, then Wanda and Vision never met. Same for Mar-Vell and Anelle (they only ever met because the Kree/Skrull War was an Avengers story). So that's a timeline that potentially doesn't have Billy/Tommy/Teddy. Maybe Mar-Vell and Anelle would've met in different circumstances, though, but that leaves Teddy's origins in a very unclear place. Maybe Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepherd would be born, but they wouldn't be the reincarnations of William/Thomas Maximoff, which would wildly change their life story. Cassie might've died if her father never became an Avenger to save her life. Eli might've been born, but his grandpa wouldn't ever have been Captain America. Kate probably would still exist, but it's unclear what would've happened to her without YA/Hawkeye. Not sure what would've happened to a young Nate Richards. If Wiccan never existed, then America would've never existed either, because he created her world. It's interesting thinking about all the butterfly effects....

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She said its a mystery because it ....is?
    She's not gonna say yes or no via twitter. And perhaps she will be addressing it later. Or maybe she doesn't have clearance..... (yet?)
    Saying ''it's a mystery'' and telling people to read the book to find out does make it seem like it is something that will be addressed. She could've simply not said anything if this isn't something that's a part of the story. Or she simply could've said ''we won't be explaining this'', which is just being honest and not giving any spoiler. But yeah, I hope it's something that comes up later. I'm just not very hopeful because, well, it's Tommy.......
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-04-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Eli WOULD still exist. Captain America's golden age adventures are unaffected by Heroes Reborn, he's simply never unfrozen in the modern day. So Isaiah would still have also been a super soldier, and that means Eli would as well.

But yeah, if Hank was never an Avenger, then Scott was probably never a superhero. So unfortunately, yes, Cassie's probably dead. Wiccan, Speed and Hulkling were likely not born, and Jonas definitely wasn't (of course, neither was Viv, so there are Champions who don't exist in that reality too). Kate would just be based on Green Arrow's Squadron Supreme counterpart - there isn't one on the current roster but there was originally. That hero was known by three names: Hawkeye, Golden Archer, and Black Archer. That means Kate could actually still be called Hawkeye.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wyatt...ld_(Earth-712)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eli WOULD still exist. Captain America's golden age adventures are unaffected by Heroes Reborn, he's simply never unfrozen in the modern day. So Isaiah would still have also been a super soldier, and that means Eli would as well.

But yeah, if Hank was never an Avenger, then Scott was probably never a superhero. So unfortunately, yes, Cassie's probably dead. Wiccan, Speed and Hulkling were likely not born, and Jonas definitely wasn't (of course, neither was Viv, so there are Champions who don't exist in that reality too). Kate would just be based on Green Arrow's Squadron Supreme counterpart - there isn't one on the current roster but there was originally. That hero was known by three names: Hawkeye, Golden Archer, and Black Archer. That means Kate could actually still be called Hawkeye.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wyatt...ld_(Earth-712)
    You've got a point there about Isaiah, but Eli's story could still be VERY different, because he only became Patriot because of the Young Avengers, and he only got powers from his grandpa because he took a bullet for Steve. Without any of that, he could've gone down a completely different path. Which actually raises an interesting question: what would've happened to Eli if his addiction to MGH just continued and there was no Young Avengers there to help him through it? He might've not ended up in a good place.

As for Kate, yeah, maybe she was just inspired by another archer... but there's no real way to tell, because the Young Avengers were what kickstarted her hero career. Without ever meeting them on that wedding day, maybe she never got that nudge she needed to become a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You've got a point there about Isaiah, but Eli's story could still be VERY different, because he only became Patriot because of the Young Avengers, and he only got powers from his grandpa because he took a bullet for Steve. Without any of that, he could've gone down a completely different path. Which actually raises an interesting question: what would've happened to Eli if his addiction to MGH just continued and there was no Young Avengers there to help him through it? He might've not ended up in a good place.
    But would Eli even still be addicted to MGH? Didn't he only start to take it because Nate recruited him? Although, it's been a while, so I miiiight not be remembering this too well... =P

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    But would Eli even still be addicted to MGH? Didn't he only start to take it because Nate recruited him? Although, it's been a while, so I miiiight not be remembering this too well... =P
    I don't actually remember if it was established when exactly Eli started taking MGH, but from what I recall, the first time he met Nate, he mentioned he had powers (that's how he convinced Nate to recruit him), so I was under the impression that it was possible he was already taking the drug when he became Patriot.

Extraordinary Member

I don't actually remember if it was established when exactly Eli started taking MGH, but from what I recall, the first time he met Nate, he mentioned he had powers (that's how he convinced Nate to recruit him), so I was under the impression that it was possible he was already taking the drug when he became Patriot.
    I think he was because he was being bullied and his Grandfather was being made fun of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Would MGH even be a thing in a world where most mutants have been exterminated?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, then it might just have been me jumping to conclusions. I think I just assumed that he lied about having powers and took the MGH to cover for that lie.

Did anyone see that Taika Waititi liked the Wiccan/Hulkling cover Russell Dauterman posted on Twitter? It's so surreal to me seeing MCU people actually acknowledging their existence, like.... My brain can't stop thinking about what kind of things are being discussed behind the scenes, now that they're actually arriving in that universe one by one.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

WE OFFICIALLY HAVE BILLY AND TOMMY FUNKO'S AHHHHHHH

https://twitter.com/BRMarvelNews/sta...295026694?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

Omg does this mean one it's official they got real twins two Tommy's a brunette IDK how I feel about that. But Yayy!!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Omg does this mean one it's official they got real twins two Tommy's a brunette IDK how I feel about that. But Yayy!!
    Ngl, Tommy looks really bad in this :/ but Billy is giving me adorable homemade Naruto headband realness and I love it

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

WandaVision leak spoilers spoilers:
    those are their Halloween costumes, like how Wanda's wearing her classic outfit, but they're also like 9
    end of spoilers

I know it's supposed to be a water balloon, but it just looks like Tommy is holding a human heart lol
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-04-2021 at 11:34 AM.

HOLY **** S:OUHAS:IPF\HA:FINRAPSIHFAS/PGIKHOGIKH:IPHGO

But the way this isn't even a surprise anymore because of the leaks, LMAO. Although there are a few things we now know from this:

spoilers:
    The twins are both brown-haired, as we much discussed in the past. Tommy has some blonde highlights, which is as much effort as I expected from them referencing his white hair from the comics.

We already could tell Billy was wearing a homemade version of his classic Wiccan costume, but seeing the whole thing now, they even got the color scheme right with the black/gray.

Notice the blue thing on Billy's hand!!!! Could that be his powers manifesting???

Tommy, instead of looking like Speed, looks like a kid version of Quicksilver. I really wish they would've given him the green/silver color scheme instead, but this confirms what I speculated a while back about how he's probably gonna be inspired by his ''uncle'', since Evan Peters seems to be wearing a similar outfit (and even hairstyle) on the leaked clip.

Also, no idea what is that on Tommy's hand. A candy? An apple?

One thing that I love is just how much about their personalities you can tell from the way their eyebrows were shaped on the Funkos, and even the way their arms are up. You can clearly tell they are going for ''soft boy Billy'' and ''troublemaker Tommy'', which is pretty much what I expected from their personalities on the show.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This doesn't confirm anything about who's playing them. Billy and Tommy are two different characters, so they're gonna get two different Funkos regardless of who's playing them.