Page 27 of 141 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They were about the same honestly both were good IMO.
    I don't deny both were good, I just found one marginally better then the other and I didn't expect to.

What's yall thoughts on the rapid aging? More so the fact that the twins seem to be spoilers:
    controlling their aging can't tell if it's Billy's power that's doing it, Tommy's or an accumulation of both or something else entirely
    end of spoilers

What's yall thoughts on the rapid aging? More so the fact that the twins seem to be spoilers:
    controlling their aging can't tell if it's Billy's power that's doing it, Tommy's or an accumulation of both or something else entirely
    end of spoilers
    Its interesting because it could be both. A combination really.
    spoilers:
    Tommy moves rapidly and Billy manipulates reality. That combo could result in accelerated aging.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    spoilers:
    Tommy moves rapidly and Billy manipulates reality. That combo could result in accelerated aging.
    end of spoilers
    I agree especially because they look at eachother before they do it as if "alright bro now" even when Wanda stopped them they looked at eachother as if giving a signal, its just so nice the twins might actually have some time to develop their relationship! Hope we see more of this in the comics but then again Billy's the only one with continous synergy so meh a guy can hope.

Also the twins drew a Rainbow in today's episode so onbrand for them.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So.... WandaVision 1x05. Lots of thoughts.

spoilers:
    I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of them as babies, 'cause I loved that little dynamic in the beginning. But I'm also excited that we're one step closer to them being teenagers, which is what all YA fans really care about.

I really wasn't expecting TWO age ups for them during this episode. And considering they went from 0 to 5 to 10, I'm guessing they'll be 15 next if they keep the pattern.

The most jarring thing to me is the fact that they obviously didn't even bother trying to cast twin actors for the roles. The two actors aren't even related in real life. So I guess Billy and Tommy are fraternal instead of identical in the MCU, and we're probably gonna get two actors who are not twins playing their teen versions. As a Young Avengers fan, that makes me disappointed because Billy and Tommy looking exactly alike was obviously a very important part of how they meet in the comics, but I guess we're just gonna have to get used to a different story now. If they end up separated and ''reincarnated'' (or whatever) into different families later on, I'm curious to see how they're gonna reconnect with each other. Maybe they'll have shared memories of another life when they touch each other? Maybe both of them will instinctively know the words to the sokovian lullaby Wanda sang to them? Something like that would be cool.

The two of them being in control of their aging was definitely something I wasn't expecting. I just really thought time in Westview was weird and that was going to be the explanation to how they age, but it looks like they have control over reality somehow too. The beginning of the episode also teased they are immune to Wanda's powers, which probably means they were also responsible for making that stork come to life in episode 3, since Wanda's powers specifically didn't work on it. It looks like the twins are an extension of her powers, if that makes sense.

The episode also confirmed that the twins were not ''stolen'' from the real world like everyone else in Westview, but that Wanda really conceived them, which begs the question about what will happen to them outside of the Hex. That scene with Monica discovering that the clothes she was wearing in Westview were bulletproof in the real world? That had some WILD implications. If that happened to clothes, what happens to a living, breathing person?

And perhaps the most sinister hint of all: how Vision notices that there are NO other children in Westview. That really brings back the whole ''for the children'' thing from episode 2, and it strongly suggests that there are some mysterious forces behind Westview that needed Wanda's pregnancy for SOME reason. The twins are definitely gonna play a key role in the mystery behind the show. My body is not ready for what's probably coming next.
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I honestly love this idea that spoilers:
    their accelerated aging is a combination of their powers.
    end of spoilers I don't think we've ever seen Billy and Tommy doing anything like that in the comics, so it would be nice to get some ''twin power moments'' in the MCU at least.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-06-2021 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eli WOULD still exist. Captain America's golden age adventures are unaffected by Heroes Reborn, he's simply never unfrozen in the modern day. So Isaiah would still have also been a super soldier, and that means Eli would as well.

But yeah, if Hank was never an Avenger, then Scott was probably never a superhero. So unfortunately, yes, Cassie's probably dead. Wiccan, Speed and Hulkling were likely not born, and Jonas definitely wasn't (of course, neither was Viv, so there are Champions who don't exist in that reality too). Kate would just be based on Green Arrow's Squadron Supreme counterpart - there isn't one on the current roster but there was originally. That hero was known by three names: Hawkeye, Golden Archer, and Black Archer. That means Kate could actually still be called Hawkeye.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wyatt...ld_(Earth-712)
    Update: They've announced Siege Society, the Heroes Reborn Thunderbolts, and both Hawkeye (Clint) and Ant-Man (Scott) are on the team. Obviously, this means that without Iron Man, they and Black Widow who's also on the team, were never reformed, and are villains. As such, while Scott probably still saved Cassie, she would lack the inclination to follow in his footsteps. As for Kate, well, her Ultimate counterpart was a villain, so maybe she ends up being a villain here too?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

(Don't click if you don't want WandaVision spoilers)

https://twitter.com/_JulianHilliard/...26086687932416

I find it interesting that he used both Billy Maximoff and Billy Kaplan hashtags on this tweet. I wonder if this means anything... or if maybe he's just being a comic book nerd, which seems like he is. I mean, his Twitter header is a Young Avengers panel, which is really damn cute and makes me wanna protect him at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So.... WandaVision 1x05. Lots of thoughts.

spoilers:
    I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of them as babies, 'cause I loved that little dynamic in the beginning. But I'm also excited that we're one step closer to them being teenagers, which is what all YA fans really care about.

I really wasn't expecting TWO age ups for them during this episode. And considering they went from 0 to 5 to 10, I'm guessing they'll be 15 next if they keep the pattern.

The most jarring thing to me is the fact that they obviously didn't even bother trying to cast twin actors for the roles. The two actors aren't even related in real life. So I guess Billy and Tommy are fraternal instead of identical in the MCU, and we're probably gonna get two actors who are not twins playing their teen versions. As a Young Avengers fan, that makes me disappointed because Billy and Tommy looking exactly alike was obviously a very important part of how they meet in the comics, but I guess we're just gonna have to get used to a different story now. If they end up separated and ''reincarnated'' (or whatever) into different families later on, I'm curious to see how they're gonna reconnect with each other. Maybe they'll have shared memories of another life when they touch each other? Maybe both of them will instinctively know the words to the sokovian lullaby Wanda sang to them? Something like that would be cool.

The two of them being in control of their aging was definitely something I wasn't expecting. I just really thought time in Westview was weird and that was going to be the explanation to how they age, but it looks like they have control over reality somehow too. The beginning of the episode also teased they are immune to Wanda's powers, which probably means they were also responsible for making that stork come to life in episode 3, since Wanda's powers specifically didn't work on it. It looks like the twins are an extension of her powers, if that makes sense.

The episode also confirmed that the twins were not ''stolen'' from the real world like everyone else in Westview, but that Wanda really conceived them, which begs the question about what will happen to them outside of the Hex. That scene with Monica discovering that the clothes she was wearing in Westview were bulletproof in the real world? That had some WILD implications. If that happened to clothes, what happens to a living, breathing person?

And perhaps the most sinister hint of all: how Vision notices that there are NO other children in Westview. That really brings back the whole ''for the children'' thing from episode 2, and it strongly suggests that there are some mysterious forces behind Westview that needed Wanda's pregnancy for SOME reason. The twins are definitely gonna play a key role in the mystery behind the show. My body is not ready for what's probably coming next.
    end of spoilers

I honestly love this idea that spoilers:
    their accelerated aging is a combination of their powers.
    end of spoilers I don't think we've ever seen Billy and Tommy doing anything like that in the comics, so it would be nice to get some ''twin power moments'' in the MCU at least.
    Yeah, lot to think about how they handled them

spoilers:
    I guess for the identical issue, they didn't think it would be realistic to find three sets of twins (that all brought what they wanted to the roles). And I guess for some reasons they didn't think it'd be the best to have the same actor playing both (especially for child actors?). And well, I've always seen people fancasting two different people as them, so for a lot of people that just seems to be default too.

The aging... I also thought they'd just age according to the decades, especially with how Wanda's pregnancy only lasted 1 day (aka 1 episode). The fact that it's them doing it, also makes me think maybe we won't actually see them as teens? I was just thinking that for another reason lately, but now this.

Another interesting thing is how Wanda's powers don't work on them. I guess because they're magic/reality-altering and stuff too. Maybe even cause they come from Mephisto lol. They also seem to question her and not just accept the status quo, almost a little like Viz. I especially like the scene where Tommy goes "You can fix everything. Fix the dead." and she's really taken aback by it. That was the scene that made me feel like he really stood out.

Rewatching the episode though, I've appreciated Billy's acting more and I think they're both pretty good. And they kinda have some pretty defined personalities actually.

You can see that they made Billy a bit more soft and emotional while Tommy's more brash and aggressive. Tommy's the one who questions Wanda more. During the scene where they're talking about dad not being home, Billy is the one who goes "...Distraction from us?" and looks like he's ready to cry. While Tommy's forfecully pleading for Wanda to bring back Sparky, Billy's just devastated. Even earlier in the episode, when they're washing Sparky Billy's the one to worry he doesn't like the water. Tommy makes a joke while Billy talks about how poor Sparky was crying alone in the streets so they should keep him.
    end of spoilers

(Don't click if you don't want WandaVision spoilers)

https://twitter.com/_JulianHilliard/...26086687932416

I find it interesting that he used both Billy Maximoff and Billy Kaplan hashtags on this tweet. I wonder if this means anything... or if maybe he's just being a comic book nerd, which seems like he is. I mean, his Twitter header is a Young Avengers panel, which is really damn cute and makes me wanna protect him at all costs.
    I imagine he looked up Billy and saw that he's Billy Kaplan in the comics. But included Maximoff too cause well, he's playing him on a show where there are no Kaplans for him to have that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, lot to think about how they handled them

spoilers:
    The aging... I also thought they'd just age according to the decades, especially with how Wanda's pregnancy only lasted 1 day (aka 1 episode). The fact that it's them doing it, also makes me think maybe we won't actually see them as teens? I was just thinking that for another reason lately, but now this.

Rewatching the episode though, I've appreciated Billy's acting more and I think they're both pretty good. And they kinda have some pretty defined personalities actually.

You can see that they made Billy a bit more soft and emotional while Tommy's more brash and aggressive. Tommy's the one who questions Wanda more. During the scene where they're talking about dad not being home, Billy is the one who goes "...Distraction from us?" and looks like he's ready to cry. While Tommy's forfecully pleading for Wanda to bring back Sparky, Billy's just devastated. Even earlier in the episode, when they're washing Sparky Billy's the one to worry he doesn't like the water. Tommy makes a joke while Billy talks about how poor Sparky was crying alone in the streets so they should keep him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The fact that they're in control of the aging actually just makes me feel like it's even more likely that they'll be teenagers at some point. They almost aged up again in the episode, but Wanda stopped them. I feel like that was possibly a hint that they might try to do that again in the show at some point. We know WandaVision shot at a high school in Atlanta, and I really don't see where else that would fit into the story if not in a teen Billy/Tommy subplot. Plus, with the blatant Wiccan reference in the Halloween episode, this show being a set up for Young Avengers is not just a pipe dream anymore, but something the writers were very aware of, which is why I don't think they would miss out on the opportunity of leaving Billy and Tommy at the right age for them to be heroes in the near future.

My theory right now is that they won't age up again until things start to get really serious on the show, maybe towards the end of episode 6 or episode 7, when it becomes clear their entire reality is under threat and we see Wanda and Vision fighting for it. The twins might age up because they believe their parents need help, and they would be of better use if they were stronger/older (similar to how Loki needed to age up to get stronger on YA vol. 2). I can see us getting a ''family action scene'' as a result of that.

As for their personalities, yeah, I noticed that too. It's basically what I predicted when the Funkos leaked. You could tell what they were going for just based on the toys alone. LOL
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The fact that they're in control of the aging actually just makes me feel like it's even more likely that they'll be teenagers at some point. They almost aged up again in the episode, but Wanda stopped them. I feel like that was possibly a hint that they might try to do that again in the show at some point. We know WandaVision shot at a high school in Atlanta, and I really don't see where else that would fit into the story if not in a teen Billy/Tommy subplot. Plus, with the blatant Wiccan reference in the Halloween episode, this show being a set up for Young Avengers is not just a pipe dream anymore, but something the writers were very aware of, which is why I don't think they would miss out on the opportunity of leaving Billy and Tommy at the right age for them to be heroes in the near future.

My theory right now is that they won't age up again until things start to get really serious on the show, maybe towards the end of episode 6 or episode 7, when it becomes clear their entire reality is under threat and we see Wanda and Vision fighting for it. The twins might age up because they believe their parents need help, and they would be of better use if they were stronger/older (similar to how Loki needed to age up to get stronger on YA vol. 2). I can see us getting a ''family action scene'' as a result of that.

As for their personalities, yeah, I noticed that too. It's basically what I predicted when the Funkos leaked. You could tell what they were going for just based on the toys alone. LOL
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, if it was matter of the decades, then they HAD to be teens by the 2000's. With the way we have it instead, they technically could just remain as kids. Wanda doesn't want them to age up and it's just sort of painted as something they shouldn't do.

And actually, the need to set up YA isn't a problem when they can control it. If it was a matter of the decades, then the show HAD to have them as teens by the end since outside the hex time would pass normally. But like this, they could end the show as kids and just age up whenever YA happens. I'm still expecting them to age though, maybe even next episode rather than the 2000's (especially with the school thing, I kinda remember it but not if it was really a high school), but it's something to consider.

And yeah, you could see it on the funkos already, from their little eyebrows! lol.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Lmaoooo, I thought I was the only one that caught how spoilers:
    they made Billy so soft hearted and sensitive. And Tommy getting Fox-Men Peter's personality (which was basically Tommy with an americanized Pietro slapped onto him) was funny too. I guess that being a sensitive kid naturally leads to being gay? LOL, I mean, I relate, so xD.

But for real for for real, did you guys see that article about the rainbow flag from Marvel Direct? I mean, I get easter eggs and stuff, but like, I don't think they put that in there to say, "yeah, this kid in red? He's gonna be GAY in like two episodes time, get ready!" I think that's just a common kids craft. Now, if they got Billy stressing over the Halloween costume, then we can talk about hints and easter eggs lmaoo!

Overall though, they're being portrayed exactly how I thought they'd be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, if it was matter of the decades, then they HAD to be teens by the 2000's. With the way we have it instead, they technically could just remain as kids. Wanda doesn't want them to age up and it's just sort of painted as something they shouldn't do.

And actually, the need to set up YA isn't a problem when they can control it. If it was a matter of the decades, then the show HAD to have them as teens by the end since outside the hex time would pass normally. But like this, they could end the show as kids and just age up whenever YA happens. I'm still expecting them to age though, maybe even next episode rather than the 2000's (especially with the school thing, I kinda remember it but not if it was really a high school), but it's something to consider.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    See, the thing about that scene with Wanda telling them they shouldn't age is that you take her a lot less seriously when her whole speech about death comes off as very hypocritical, when the entire concept of the show revolves around her trying to cheat death to be with the one she loves. And even if she's not fully responsible for everything that's happening in Westview, we know she has free will and can come and go as she pleases, but chooses to stay there because she just can't cope with the real world. So why the hell should I expect the twins to follow her advice when she doesn't even follow it herself? Like you said, they are starting to develop doubts and questions, and Wanda literally cannot control them. So the idea that they would disobey her at some point and still age themselves up is very possible.

Also, I'm not so sure if they would still be able to age up outside of the Hex. We don't know if they can do this because it is a natural part of their powers anywhere or because the weird reality bending nature of Westview allows them to do that. It's possible that once the Hex is gone, they won't exactly be able to live by the same rules. We still don't even know how Wanda is able to suddenly warp reality like that. It's possible whoever is the villain of the show might be affecting her (and therefore the twins') powers. And if the show is going in the direction I think it's going to, and something really dark is going to happen to the twins at the end of the show, I just think it's better for them to be left off as teenagers, so the next time we see them, they can just pick up where they left off.

And the school was specifically a high school. Georgia and Starr’s Mill High School. Charles Murphy was the one who reported that a year ago.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Lmaoooo, I thought I was the only one that caught how spoilers:
    they made Billy so soft hearted and sensitive. And Tommy getting Fox-Men Peter's personality (which was basically Tommy with an americanized Pietro slapped onto him) was funny too. I guess that being a sensitive kid naturally leads to being gay? LOL, I mean, I relate, so xD.

But for real for for real, did you guys see that article about the rainbow flag from Marvel Direct? I mean, I get easter eggs and stuff, but like, I don't think they put that in there to say, "yeah, this kid in red? He's gonna be GAY in like two episodes time, get ready!" I think that's just a common kids craft. Now, if they got Billy stressing over the Halloween costume, then we can talk about hints and easter eggs lmaoo!

Overall though, they're being portrayed exactly how I thought they'd be.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I think people are reading too much into that ''easter egg''. I don't even think most people noticed that in the episode.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-06-2021 at 12:51 PM.

spoilers:
    See, the thing about that scene with Wanda telling them they shouldn't age is that you take her a lot less seriously when her whole speech about death comes off as very hypocritical, when the entire concept of the show revolves around her trying to cheat death to be with the one she loves. And even if she's not fully responsible for everything that's happening in Westview, we know she has free will and can come and go as she pleases, but chooses to stay there because she just can't cope with the real world. So why the hell should I expect the twins to follow her advice when she doesn't even follow it herself? Like you said, they are starting to develop doubts and questions, and Wanda literally cannot control them. So the idea that they would disobey her at some point and still age themselves up is very possible.

Also, I'm not so sure if they would still be able to age up outside of the Hex. We don't know if they can do this because it is a natural part of their powers anywhere or because the weird reality bending nature of Westview allows them to do that. It's possible that once the Hex is gone, they won't exactly be able to live by the same rules. We still don't even know how Wanda is able to suddenly warp reality like that. It's possible whoever is the villain of the show might be affecting her (and therefore the twins') powers. And if the show is going in the direction I think it's going to, and something really dark is going to happen to the twins at the end of the show, I just think it's better for them to be left off as teenagers, so the next time we see them, they can just pick up where they left off.

And the school was specifically a high school. Georgia and Starr’s Mill High School. Charles Murphy was the one who reported that a year ago.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I think people are reading too much into that ''easter egg''. I don't even think most people noticed that in the episode.
    I think it's a detail for those fans that are looking for details. I don't think it was just randomly put there and think it is to show that maybe a parent is ok with something she may have an inkling about... We will have to see what the next 4 episodes bring us.

So, uh.... people are speculating that Finn Wolfhard is playing teenage Billy on WandaVision because the actor who plays 10-year-old Billy started to follow a bunch of Marvel/Disney related accounts on Instagram (including the actor who played 5-year-old Billy) after episode 5 streamed and, among them, Finn, for some reason. He doesn't follow any of the actors who played Tommy, which is why people immediately jumped to the conclusion that him following Finn could mean they are playing the same character on the show. Now, obviously, this could mean nothing and he just happened to follow Finn for any other reason... but since so many of the Ms. Marvel cast actors were (correctly) guessed based on Instagram follows, you never know.

Finn wouldn't be my choice, but I guess I could learn to live with it. If they absolutely had to get one of those Stranger Things/It kids for Billy, Noah Schnapp or Jaeden Martell would've been my choices. YA fandom will absolutely be sent into a meltdown if any of those popular mainstream teen actors get cast, though. LOL