Page 44 of 141 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Teddy speculation was based on a casting call for a male Skrull about the age you'd cast for him. It seems obvious now that this was actually for what would be revealed to be Secret Invasion.

As for the Twins theyll likely skip the convoluted reincarnation stuff and just have them be older.
    If there's no reincarnation, where would they pop up? Would they keep the separate families from the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Teddy speculation was based on a casting call for a male Skrull about the age you'd cast for him. It seems obvious now that this was actually for what would be revealed to be Secret Invasion.

As for the Twins theyll likely skip the convoluted reincarnation stuff and just have them be older.
    If their gonna do it that's what they should do like what is even the point of reincarnation? So Billy can be Jewish? Kid really gotta drop dead and destroy some kids soul just to be Jewish he can convert! & Tommy all he gets out of it is trauma he don't need that ****.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If there's no reincarnation, where would they pop up? Would they keep the separate families from the comics?
    If there is no reincarnation, then I only see two options here:

1. Everyone gets their memories wiped after DSITMOM and they end up adopted by different families somehow.
    2. They simply continue to be Wanda's kids from now on.

I guess there could be an out of pocket option like maybe they get stuck in another dimension for years and end up being raised by Mephisto/Chthon or some **** like that... but I feel like it's gonna be either one of those two options.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-06-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If there is not reincarnation, then I only see two options here:

1. Everyone gets their memories wiped after DSITMOM and they end up adopted by different families somehow.
    2. They simply continue to be Wanda's kids from now on.

I guess there could be an out of pocket option like maybe they get stuck in another dimension for years and end up being raised by Mephisto/Chthon or some **** like that... but I feel like it's gonna be either one of those two options.
    Makes sense, although if one of them is raised by a demon it would be wild.

I'm wondering where exactly they are now, tbh.

Ultimate Member

Clearly the kids reappeared in Westview and are being raised by auntie Agatha, who remembers them as her neighbors kids and vaguely important, for some reason she can't quite put her finger on.

They're calling for mom because Auntie Agatha is a bit of a trip to live with. She insists on cutting the crusts off the sandwiches, and reading people's diaries, and trying to set them up with the neighbors kids.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    For Billy & Teddy I just think they should cast whoevers best for the part if they do recast, sexuality of the characters is what matters not the actors, so yeah whoever best for the part and anyone who's not that basic Timothee dude everyone fancast as Billy cause he too basic.

Sidenote like I said I'm cool with waiting but that's just me, I still don't see this resurrection plot happening i really think Wanda is just gonna pick them up somewhere along the multiverse, and they may or may not age up midway through the movie, Kaplan's and the Shepherds probably ain't happening unless they get adopted.
    I know not everyone agrees on this issue but a growing number of gay people would prefer to see gay characters portrayed by gay actors, especially for something as significant as prominent gay characters in a popular superhero franchise. And I'm not attacking you when I say this, but I really dislike when people say; "just cast the best actor", because it almost comes off like saying it's an either/or type of situation where either they cast someone who's openly gay or they cast a straight person who is somehow always "the best person" for the role. There's no reason why they can't find good openly gay actors who will do a great job of portraying Billy and Teddy. I also strongly agree with you that the little French boy should not be cast as Billy. Him being cast as Billy is honestly my worst nightmare at this point.

And quite frankly I think it's more authentic when gay actors play gay roles. Especially when if the gay character is on the effeminate side, when a straight person plays an effeminate gay man it can come off as being borderline homophobic.

If their gonna do it that's what they should do like what is even the point of reincarnation? So Billy can be Jewish? Kid really gotta drop dead and destroy some kids soul just to be Jewish he can convert! & Tommy all he gets out of it is trauma he don't need that ****.
    Disney/Marvel has been making a bigger deal about becoming more diverse and casting more diverse actors and casting ethnically appropriate actors for their characters. They were specifically looking for a Jewish actor to play Moon Knight. They ended up casting Oscar Isaac who is technically Jewish but not a lot of people knew that. So I think it's likely they'll want Wiccan to be Jewish.

I know the reincarnation plotline is convoluted but what I'm assuming will happen is that the twins souls will disperse for lack of a better word, and their "magical energy" or whatever will be imbued into Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepherd, giving them the superpowers of the twins. I won't be surprised if the Doctor Strange 2 post-credits scene is Wanda meeting Billy Kaplan and encouraging him to stand up for himself.

They're clearly going the long way around to introducing Wiccan and Speed so that's why I'm assuming they will be doing the reincarnation plotline in some way, shape or form.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 03-07-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Clearly the kids reappeared in Westview and are being raised by auntie Agatha, who remembers them as her neighbors kids and vaguely important, for some reason she can't quite put her finger on.

They're calling for mom because Auntie Agatha is a bit of a trip to live with. She insists on cutting the crusts off the sandwiches, and reading people's diaries, and trying to set them up with the neighbors kids.
    The way I would unironically love this. LOL

But for real, this actually makes me think of how cool an adaptation of Young Avengers Presents: Wiccan & Speed in the MCU would be. Have Billy and Tommy return to Westview when they're older and trying to figure out more about themselves and their origins (assuming they wouldn't have any memories of it), and then they stop by the place where they were born. And since we don't have Master Pandemonium, Agatha and Ralph could play his role as the people who tell them more about what happened there. I would love that.

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-07-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

The way I would unironically love this. LOL

But for real, this actually makes me think of how cool an adaptation of Young Avengers Presents: Wiccan & Speed in the MCU would be. Have Billy and Tommy return to Westview when they're older and trying to figure out more about themselves and their origins (assuming they wouldn't have any memories of it), and then they stop by the place where they were born. And since we don't have Master Pandemonium, Agatha and Ralph could play his role as the people who tell them more about what happened there. I would love that.

Who's Billy's and Tommy's biggest enemy, if there is one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Who's Billy's and Tommy's biggest enemy, if there is one?
    Billy's is Mother the Demon, Tommy doesn't have one.

Ultimate Member

Ok. What about the other Young Avengers?

Tommy's Greatest Foe: Tommy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Tommy's Greatest Foe: Tommy
    Hahaha that's rough

Billy and Tommy's biggest enemy SHOULD be Mephisto, but Marvel ain't ready for that conversation yet.

Anyway, has anyone seen this video?

At minute 11:24, he points out something VERY interesting about the way Billy used his powers in one particular scene. I hadn't noticed that, and it's really cool.

Ultimate Member

Billy and Tommy's biggest enemy SHOULD be Mephisto, but Marvel ain't ready for that conversation yet.

Anyway, has anyone seen this video?

At minute 11:24, he points out something VERY interesting about the way Billy used his powers in one particular scene. I hadn't noticed that, and it's really cool.
    Interesting, we haven't seen much of that kind of power in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

That comic scene of the boys exploring the house where 'mom lived with the Vision' annoys me if only for that single line. They'd spent, to that point, far more of their lives in the presence of 'the Vision' (as Jonas) than 'mom,' and yet she's the one whose considered a parent and the other *parent* is just 'mom's boyfriend?' Would it kill them to consider him, even in a spiritual sense, 'dad?'

Then again, this goes back to how I wish Tommy wasn't a speedster, but had some sort of biomechanical or machine-control properties, reflective of his 'dad,' than a reflection of his mom's brother. But that ship long ago sank with all hands, and I'm just the old coot shouting at clouds over here. (At least it wasn't magnetism, since they are on and off in their relationship to grandpa Magneto!)