Page 47 of 141 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also I mentioned this in my original post but Patriot’s role really pissed me off. First they make him a drug addict, then he gets all this depth in the Special issue and the Young Avengers: Presents comic that set him up for interesting stories tackling race in America. Then, all of that is dropped so he can be a stick in the mud for all of Children’s Crusade and he’s the only surviving member that doesn’t get to join the official Avengers? It’s a no for me.
    The West Coast Avengers were unofficial, so Kate and America haven't been official Avengers either. No need for the "surviving" qualifier by the way, as Cassie and Jonas were on a Mighty Avengers team during Dark Reign.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Also I mentioned this in my original post but Patriot’s role really pissed me off. First they make him a drug addict, then he gets all this depth in the Special issue and the Young Avengers: Presents comic that set him up for interesting stories tackling race in America. Then, all of that is dropped so he can be a stick in the mud for all of Children’s Crusade and he’s the only surviving member that doesn’t get to join the official Avengers? It’s a no for me.
    Speed too if you count him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The West Coast Avengers were unofficial, so Kate and America haven't been official Avengers either. No need for the "surviving" qualifier by the way, as Cassie and Jonas were on a Mighty Avengers team during Dark Reign.
    I’m talking about how at the end of CC, Cap invites them to the Avengers Mansion and is like “you are and always will be Avengers.” And every surviving member is there except for Patriot.

Children's crusade irritated me a lot I love it for Billy but some of the plot points annoy me. One what most people have mentioned Wolverine flat out tries to murder Billy, yet has the gall to show up at his wedding a couple years later Ewing dropped the ball on that one for me. Two they make a fool out of Eli and effectively write him out of comics for years, Three the way no-one but Tommy seems to give AF about Jonas like damn they hella savage when the team "psychopath" is the only one shown with a real heart.

Actually Children's Crusade is literally a masterpiece and no one's allowed to say shit about it

(but yeah Logan trying to kill Billy was trash)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Children's crusade irritated me a lot I love it for Billy but some of the plot points annoy me. One what most people have mentioned Wolverine flat out tries to murder Billy, yet has the gall to show up at his wedding a couple years later Ewing dropped the ball on that one for me. Two they make a fool out of Eli and effectively write him out of comics for years, Three the way no-one but Tommy seems to give AF about Jonas like damn they hella savage when the team "psychopath" is the only one shown with a real heart.
    Would you say it's not a good storyline to adapt to the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Would you say it's not a good storyline to adapt to the MCU?
    Well I only had 3 issues with it overall & since mutants don't exist 1 of those issues is a non-factor and the other 2 are easily rectified if done right it could be a great movie, or even storyline for a season if the MCU does it right.

Ultimate Member

Well I only had 3 issues with it overall & since mutants don't exist 1 of those issues is a non-factor and the other 2 are easily rectified if done right it could be a great movie, or even storyline for a season if the MCU does it right.
    Ok, Well, I hope to never see the "No More Mutants" storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, Well, I hope to never see the "No More Mutants" storyline
    I doubt it will ever happen by the time mutants are really popping Lizzie will likely be gone so no reason for that, unless they have Billy do it for some reason (which I fucking forbid) no one else in the MCU has the capabilities.

Ultimate Member

I doubt it will ever happen by the time mutants are really popping Lizzie will likely be gone so no reason for that, unless they have Billy do it for some reason (which I fucking forbid) no one else in the MCU has the capabilities.
    That's good to hear.

Kate killed me when she was like, “Even though we could revive him, he’d be sad without Cassie.” Like dang, I thought all y’all were friends?

Edit: But fr no shade to those that loved it. A lot of those Billy and Teddy moments are gonna stay with me, I just felt like other parts of the story fell apart.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-09-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Kate killed me when she was like, “Even though we could revive him, he’d be sad without Cassie.” Like dang, I thought all y’all were friends?
    Billy & Kate don't give a fuck about Jonas it's very apparent. Teddy cared a little but Billy was his main concern, Eli had other shit going on (Marvel Legal Issues), Tommy of all people was the only one who gave AF that's tragic. Jonas is such a plot hole for the young avengers they've all healed from the trauma of CC their all doing well Cassie is even alive yet they still choose to leave him dead probably locked up in some Avengers stronghold meant to be used for spare parts if Vision & Viv ever gets hurt or some shit. It's lowkey fucked up they have no excuse not to bring him back other than the fact they can't be bothered.

Billy & Kate don't give a fuck about Jonas it's very apparent. Teddy cared a little but Billy was his main concern, Eli had other shit going on (Marvel Legal Issues), Tommy of all people was the only one who gave AF that's tragic. Jonas is such a plot hole for the young avengers they've all healed from the trauma of CC their all doing well Cassie is even alive yet they still choose to leave him dead probably locked up in some Avengers stronghold meant to be used for spare parts if Vision & Viv ever gets hurt or some shit. It's lowkey fucked up they have no excuse not to bring him back other than the fact they can't be bothered.
    That's a good point... they have a memory backup, don't they? But his body may well have been used in the creation of Virginia, Vin and Viv Vision - who have all been destroyed (Viv's current body is a replacement). Reviving Jonas may need a total rebuild. And I bet Vision won't allow it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Idk why people keep saying this, she only just became the Scarlet Witch, and was just the star of a major hit show for Marvel. Why does everyone assume she's leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Idk why people keep saying this, she only just became the Scarlet Witch, and was just the star of a major hit show for Marvel. Why does everyone assume she's leaving?
    She going on year 6 ain't she around 10 all the actors start to wind down at that point in the MCU it's just history