Page 48 of 141 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a good point... they have a memory backup, don't they? But his body may well have been used in the creation of Virginia, Vin and Viv Vision - who have all been destroyed (Viv's current body is a replacement). Reviving Jonas may need a total rebuild. And I bet Vision won't allow it.
    If they gave Jonas a completely new body that could do wonders for the character he's a potential blank canvas for any future YA writer they could put him in Champaign Bot!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    She going on year 6 ain't she around 10 all the actors start to wind down at that point in the MCU it's just history
    I don't think we can be certain though

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Update on the Marvel Comics Bestsellers list on Amazon after WandaVision:

Both Gillen's and Heinberg's runs of Young Avengers have reached the first page, with Vol. 2 on #25 and Vol. 1 on #38. Avengers: The Children's Crusade dropped from its previous #5 position, but now both digital and paperpack editions of the book are in the charts, on #40 and #41, respectively. Before WandaVision, none of those books were in the top 50 at all.

So, again, I have to ask: WHERE THE FUCK IS VOLUME 3 MARVEL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Honestly, I kind of doubt it just because Marvel doesn't own Miles right now. Like, gods know how long their agreement with Sony is going to last, so I don't know if they'd use him like that. Now, if they managed to get the rights back, it'd be a whole different thing, but as it stands? Nah, I don't but it.
    They don't own the cinematic rights to Peter Parker either, but he has appeared in 3 Marvel movies that were not produced by Sony at all (and he's signed to appear in a fourth). So it's not impossible to add Miles to another Marvel franchise if they can reach some deal with Sony. I mean, I don't want it to happen, but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Please don’t come at me for being ten years late, but I finally read Children’s Crusade and I kind of disliked it.

I really liked the first volume and the special, but I felt like everyone acted really dumb in CC. Focus shifted away from the other team members a lot and I felt they just kept on throwing new characters and plot twists into each issue. Patriot was the worst and then they put him into limbo, Iron Lad showed up out the blue and MURDERED Vision with no repercussions, and Cassie dying seemed very unnecessary.

How do you guys generally view this story? I’m not tryna come here and be a hater I’m just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.
    That's fine. I see Young Avengers fans slandering volume 2 all the time, so my skin is pretty thick when it comes to criticism. LOL

I like A:TCC. I have to agree with Fokken that the excitement of the first time read probably plays a big role in why so many YA fans love it so much. There's a lot of nostalgia associated with this book, since it was the much waited final chapter of Heinberg's run. Plus, having the Young Avengers leading an entire event full of important characters was definitely something that meant a lot to the fans. It felt like they had definitely made it in the big leagues, you know? I can see why people may not like it, though. It WAS a pretty packed story, as a result of years of stories that Allan couldn't tell in the ongoing book, so he kind of just ended up dumping everything on that one book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also I mentioned this in my original post but Patriot’s role really pissed me off. First they make him a drug addict, then he gets all this depth in the Special issue and the Young Avengers: Presents comic that set him up for interesting stories tackling race in America. Then, all of that is dropped so he can be a stick in the mud for all of Children’s Crusade and he’s the only surviving member that doesn’t get to join the official Avengers? It’s a no for me.
    In hindsight, yeah, Eli was done dirty since A:TCC ended up being his last relevant story in the Marvel Universe. However, I think that wasn't so much Allan's or even Marvel's fault, and more the fault of whatever legal issues with the Bradley family characters made Marvel stop using Eli. Gillen himself said he wanted to use Eli in his run, so his story was NOT supposed to be done there... There just wasn't much anyone could do when the character was not legally available. It sucks, but at least now we know they can use him again. So let's hope he has a good story coming for him soon to make it up for all those lost years.

Children's crusade irritated me a lot I love it for Billy but some of the plot points annoy me. One what most people have mentioned Wolverine flat out tries to murder Billy, yet has the gall to show up at his wedding a couple years later Ewing dropped the ball on that one for me. Two they make a fool out of Eli and effectively write him out of comics for years, Three the way no-one but Tommy seems to give AF about Jonas like damn they hella savage when the team "psychopath" is the only one shown with a real heart.
    In their defense, I think it was understandable and reasonable why they didn't want to bring him back at the time. It was too soon; they were still reeling from Cassie's death and bringing Jonas back just to tell him she had died too was probably too much for them to handle at the time. What made them look bad was definitely the following years and how everyone just completely ignored him (and that includes Tommy too), even when Cassie was resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Would you say it's not a good storyline to adapt to the MCU?
    The Children's Crusade is a pretty good story to adapt, but much like House Of M, it's going to be a very loose adaptation, because a lot of the elements in that story wouldn't fit in the MCU. I imagine they might want to use this story when they want to finally reunite Wanda, Vision and the twins in the MCU, assuming they will spend some years apart. So the basic concept of the story will remain (Billy and Tommy searching for their lost family), but we will probably not get the whole Avengers/X-Men/Doctor Doom stuff. MAYBE some Avengers, but I wouldn't count on the whole team being there. It would probably be a more intimate story, much like WandaVision was. And that's probably for the better.

If they gave Jonas a completely new body that could do wonders for the character he's a potential blank canvas for any future YA writer they could put him in Champaign Bot!!!
    JONAS IN THE CHAMPAGNE BOT I-

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-09-2021 at 11:26 PM.

She going on year 6 ain't she around 10 all the actors start to wind down at that point in the MCU it's just history
    The only ones gone so far are Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans. I know Black Widow died too, but she isn't gone yet because she still has a movie coming up. Thor also has another movie coming and Hulk will appear in the She-Hulk series. Hawkeye has a series coming up as well. There's no rule that everyone has to leave after ten years. There's no reason to think Doctor Strange 2 will be the last we see of Wanda.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-10-2021 at 02:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only ones gone so far are Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans. I know Black Widow died too, but she isn't gone yet because she still has a movie coming up. Thor also has another movie coming and Hulk will appear in the She-Hulk series. Hawkeye has a series coming up as well. There's no rule that everyone has to leave after ten years. There's no reason to think Doctor Strange 2 will be the last we see of Wanda.
    Also, lots of these other actors have devoted a lot more time of the 10 years to these movies. Wanda appeared in 4 movies before WandaVision, and one of those (Endgame) was a very minor role. RDJ & Evans both led 3 movies and appeared significantly in 4-6 more before stepping down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Also, lots of these other actors have devoted a lot more time of the 10 years to these movies. Wanda appeared in 4 movies before WandaVision, and one of those (Endgame) was a very minor role. RDJ & Evans both led 3 movies and appeared significantly in 4-6 more before stepping down.
    Yeah, I don't think we should really count on her necessarily leaving any time soon.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...ter-eggs-billy

I hadn't caught this. Upon closer inspection.... I'm not so sure if ''Demiurge'' is the word written there. The word definitely starts with a D and there seems to be a g towards the end, but there doesn't seem to be that many letters between the D and the g to spell Demiurge. My first thought is that it said ''Dragon'', which would explain the beast-like figure that's drawn alongside the words. But then again, it's a child's writing, so maybe it IS Demiurge written with a very wonky calligraphy. That'd be an awesome easter-egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...ter-eggs-billy

I hadn't caught this. Upon closer inspection.... I'm not so sure if ''Demiurge'' is the word written there. The word definitely starts with a D and there seems to be a g towards the end, but there doesn't seem to be that many letters between the D and the g to spell Demiurge. My first thought is that it said ''Dragon'', which would explain the beast-like figure that's drawn alongside the words. But then again, it's a child's writing, so maybe it IS Demiurge written with a very wonky calligraphy. That'd be an awesome easter-egg.
    I been saw that I'm really feeling Billy's Demiurge status might be a thing in the MCU especially if we truly are seeing America & possibly the Utopian Parallel in Dr Strange. Also the multivsrse is his domain! Aw yeah its all coming together!

Ultimate Member

I been saw that I'm really feeling Billy's Demiurge status might be a thing in the MCU especially if we truly are seeing America & possibly the Utopian Parallel in Dr Strange. Also the multivsrse is his domain! Aw yeah its all coming together!
    I'm guessing that won't happen in MoM but be hinted at in a post credits scene

This brought me joy this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Not TBD WandaVision for Teddy lool. TDB Secret Invasion now?

Ultimate Member

Is Kid Loki confirmed to be cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Ok but the Eli Erasure WTH.... Hmm

Ultimate Member

Ok but the Eli Erasure WTH.... Hmm
    Yeah, isn't he cast in FaWS (or at least rumored to be)

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, isn't he cast in FaWS (or at least rumored to be)
    He very much so is which is why that little poster is kinda sketch. Hm that's all I'm gonna say hm.....