Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He very much so is which is why that little poster is kinda sketch. Hm that's all I'm gonna say hm.....
    Because otherwise that would be a really white team for the supposedly diverse phase 4

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is Kid Loki confirmed to be cast?
    Not confirmed, just heavily speculated. Jack Veal was cast in the Loki show and he fits the description for a casting call that was speculated to be for Kid Loki. He also posted a picture of himself with a Loki shirt (similar to how Elijah Richardson was seen with a ''The Patriot'' shirt), which just added fuel to the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok but the Eli Erasure WTH.... Hmm
    I think this is an older graphic, done back in December of last year after Investors Day, but before the Elijah Richardson alleged casting was discovered in January of this year. I'm pretty sure I've seen this same graphic but updated to add his casting.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not confirmed, just heavily speculated. Jack Veal was cast in the Loki show and he fits the description for a casting call that was speculated to be for Kid Loki. He also posted a picture of himself with a Loki shirt (similar to how Elijah Richardson was seen with a ''The Patriot'' shirt), which just added fuel to the theory.

I think this is an older graphic, done back in December of last year after Investors Day, but before the Elijah Richardson alleged casting was discovered in January of this year. I'm pretty sure I've seen this same graphic but updated to add his casting.
    Ok. But if we get kid Loki, regular Loki dies, right?

Ok. But if we get kid Loki, regular Loki dies, right?
    Maybe? We don't know for sure, because it's not clear how they plan on doing Kid Loki, assuming they are doing it. They could do the reincarnation thing from the comics, which means the older Loki would likely die, or they could just say MCU Kid Loki is simply Loki from an older timeline that hasn't grown up yet, which essentially would mean that both Lokis could co-exist. I guess it will all depend on how much they're planning to use Tom Hiddleston going forward.

Ultimate Member

Maybe? We don't know for sure, because it's not clear how they plan on doing Kid Loki, assuming they are doing it. They could do the reincarnation thing from the comics, which means the older Loki would likely die, or they could just say MCU Kid Loki is simply Loki from an older timeline that hasn't grown up yet, which essentially would mean that both Lokis could co-exist. I guess it will all depend on how much they're planning to use Tom Hiddleston going forward.
    Ok. I guess we'll wait and see.

Astonishing Member

The second one works well if Kang will be used.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The second one works well if Kang will be used.
    He's connected to the TVA, right?

Astonishing Member

He's connected to the TVA, right?
    Yes, he is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Yes, he is.
    So I guess he'll be the Mephisto of Loki, unless Mephisto is!

Matt Shakman explains why Billy and Tommy didn't age up again in WandaVision:

No, we wanted to keep them at that age. Wanda has obviously missed out on the first 10 years of their life [which] went by really fast, so we didn't want to deprive her of even more time with them. And once we got to know them, we had so little screen time with 10-year-old Billy and Tommy that we wanted to take advantage of what we did have to get to know them really well as people. There's so much innocence there. To have them age up one more time, I think, would have been unfair to those actors and those characters.
    In the context of the show, I think that's fair. It's obvious they were trying to tell their own story there instead of just set up the Young Avengers, so I understand that choice. In a way, it ended up being more than they even had to give us, since Billy and Tommy Maximoff were never supposed to be more than babies. The fact that we got to see them growing up at all, developing a personality and powers was already more than we could've asked for. I just really hope this is not a sentiment that Marvel will keep AFTER WandaVision. With the age they established for the other Young Avengers, they HAVE to age up Billy and Tommy. I love those child actors, but it's not worth ruining the Young Avengers dynamic AND making us wait several more years for Wiccan and Speed just to keep them around. They had no issue with aging up Cassie Lang and then recasting her not once, but TWICE. So I don't wanna hear about how they can't do that for Billy and Tommy. They absolutely can. WandaVision was great, but it's over now and they need to move on.

Anyway, in the same interview, Shakman is asked about whether he can confirm who was supposed to be the witness protection person, and his answer is simply:

Not as yet, but stay tuned.
    It does make it sound like it wasn't just an irrelevant plot point and that it could still come back later. I wonder if some of us might've been right about Teddy being the person, but they ended up cutting that. I just can't stop thinking about the Skrull refugee that they were casting for the show and why he was cut.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-11-2021 at 09:41 PM.

It does make it sound like it wasn't just an irrelevant plot point and that it could still come back later. I wonder if some of us might've been right about Teddy being the person, but they ended up cutting that. I just can't stop thinking about the Skrull refugee that they were casting for the show and why he was cut.
    Randall Park did mention he would be popping up again. Perhaps that story is extending into another show, Secret Invasion?

Matt Shakman explains why Billy and Tommy didn't age up again in WandaVision:

In the context of the show, I think that's fair. It's obvious they were trying to tell their own story there instead of just set up the Young Avengers, so I understand that choice. In a way, it ended up being more than they even had to give us, since Billy and Tommy Maximoff were never supposed to be more than babies. The fact that we got to see them growing up at all, developing a personality and powers was already more than we could've asked for. I just really hope this is not a sentiment that Marvel will keep AFTER WandaVision. With the age they established for the other Young Avengers, they HAVE to age up Billy and Tommy. I love those child actors, but it's not worth ruining the Young Avengers dynamic AND making us wait several more years for Wiccan and Speed just to keep them around. They had no issue with aging up Cassie Lang and then recasting her not once, but TWICE. So I don't wanna hear about how they can't do that for Billy and Tommy. They absolutely can. WandaVision was great, but it's over now and they need to move on.

Anyway, in the same interview, Shakman is asked about whether he can confirm who was supposed to be the witness protection person, and his answer is simply:

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Randall Park did mention he would be popping up again. Perhaps that story is extending into another show, Secret Invasion?
    So the witness protection person actually was relevant...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the witness protection person actually was relevant...
    So who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Maybe. I remember someone involved in WandaVision talking about how there were many different versions of that first post-credit scene with the Skrull, and Jimmy was there on the first half of the scene, so maybe at some point he would've interacted with a Skrull too, and that's how we would've gotten the refugee (allegedly Teddy) character.

And if that's the case, I'm just DYING to know if they got around to cast an actor for the role at all or if it was an idea that got axed before any casting was even done.

Ultimate Member

Maybe. I remember someone involved in WandaVision talking about how there were many different versions of that first post-credit scene with the Skrull, and Jimmy was there on the first half of the scene, so maybe at some point he would've interacted with a Skrull too, and that's how we would've gotten the refugee (allegedly Teddy) character.

And if that's the case, I'm just DYING to know if they got around to cast an actor for the role at all or if it was an idea that got axed before any casting was even done.
    They're being quite secretive if they did cast. I doubt well know until whatever project this supposed character is meant to be in actually begins production