Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Oh no one mentioned this but in Guardians Superskrull mention the Skree alliances new "Throneworld" so apparently King Teddy & Prince Billy have a whole new world as home maybe will get to see it in March.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I actually realized, I wonder if the reason Riri was cast so early, before there's even a showrunner, is because she's appearing in something else first.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    We got Tommy crumbs today in the form of a confirmation of Thinkfast by the X-side of things!! In Xfactor spoilers:
    it was shown in a diagram thingy that Tommy was informed of how David got his powers back and decided to call him a bunch! It's small, but at least there's acknowledgement!
    end of spoilers
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

At least Wanda has had some genuine excuses for her actions and has been shown to care about her kids when they're shown together, which is more than can be said for Sofia's dad.
    This is a TRUTH FACT.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Does Tommy even consider Wanda a parental figure? From what I remember of CC he didn't really seem invested in the relationship.
    We just don't know, because I'm pretty sure Tommy has literally never had any other interaction with Wanda after Children's Crusade (I'm not counting Secret Wars' House Of M, 'cause that wasn't the main reality). It's a shame, really. There's so much about him that is just a giant blank space.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I actually realized, I wonder if the reason Riri was cast so early, before there's even a showrunner, is because she's appearing in something else first.
    Evidence about an Ironheart production can be traced back all the way to 2018, when Marvel was apparently accepting a script pitch for it. So maybe the announcement wasn't really ''early''; maybe we just didn't know how forward it was because they didn't say anything publicly. Hopefully that's also the case with the alleged Young Avengers production. We hear a lot about it happening, but never from Marvel.

Eli is going to be in Black Panther #23!

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post

That's awesome !

While I'm all for this and Black excellence in general why is this issue getting a whole youtube video? Because it's Black History Month I assume?

I was hoping we would get some new images, but it's the same one Coates had already teased on his Instagram last year. I'm not expecting him to have a big role, but hopefully he'll get a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    While I'm all for this and Black excellence in general why is this issue getting a whole youtube video? Because it's Black History Month I assume?
    Coates' run is finally coming to an end after a long hiatus, so it makes sense Marvel wants to promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What if the show ends with Wanda's dream-life ending and she's understandably distraught about it -- particularly the loss of her sons -- and then the post credit scene is a split screen of two locations, with two teenage boys -- one storming out of his house after a fight with the parents and as he's hurridely turns a corner he suddenly super speeds forward, collapsing when he stops and his hair is whiter (like Quicksilver in AoU) and then simultaneously at a highschool, the same kid in different clothes rummaging through his locker, anxiously looking over his shoulder as if he's anticipating something or someone and as he pulls his bag over his shoulder some of his belongings tumble out the locker and he reaches forward and the belongings freeze in place and slowly "rewind" into the locker and he stands there, mouth agap. Then they both speak in unison on the separate screens "What the....??" End scene. haha.
    It's a well thought-out concept and nice nod to their comic origins but given all the controversy surronding WW1984 and it's body swapping shenanigans Marvel would be smart to avoid any similiar implications with Tommy and Billy that could cause any potenial consent issues.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    It's a well thought-out concept and nice nod to their comic origins but given all the controversy surronding WW1984 and it's body swapping shenanigans Marvel would be smart to avoid any similiar implications with Tommy and Billy that could cause any potenial consent issues.
    I'm not sure if that's exactly what Fokken was suggesting, but yeah, that's actually a really good point. I was never into the idea that two innocent kids were ''possessed'' by the original twins and had all of their lives just... erased so they could exist. It's such a dark twist to their origin that kind of ruins the wholesomeness of Wanda being reunited with her kids for me. There's already so much sadness and destruction around the story of her kids, and I wouldn't want to think she was indirectly responsible for ruining two more lives in the process of getting her kids back. Which is why I always preferred the time travel/retroreincarnation theory. I like to think the process just happened ever since they were in the wombs of their mothers, with the souls of the babies magically shaping the fetuses so they would be born looking like identical twins (and my theory is that the souls did this so they could eventually recognize and find their way to each other once they were born).

All that being said... it's possible they won't even go there at all with the reincarnation thing in the MCU. It's a very complicated story to begin with that might not translate well to live action. My guess is still that we will get them in the ''real MCU'' through multiverse shenanigans that are going to happen between WandaVision/Spider-Man 3/Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I said this before, but if they're gonna put thematic distance between Wanda and the twins, it might be some for of partial memory wipe on either party. Wiping Wanda's memory post WV and having the twins search for her gets them their YA: Presents and partially Children's Crusade storyline, while wiping them gets something akin to the reincarnation stuff, seeing as they'll basically be blank slates.

That being said, I'm guessing they don't want to overcomplicate it, so maybe Wanda just goes missing and they're left stranded in the real world.

Anyway, did anyone read this article on WV?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...re-wandavision

In it, they mention CC, but...

Avengers: The Children’s Crusade (2010), Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung

Redemption for Wanda eventually came, and it was due to the actions of the Young Avengers. Cassie Lang requested the Young Avengers search for the Scarlet Witch in the hopes that she could restore mutants’ powers, and more pressingly resurrect her father, Scott Lang, who was killed during Disassembled. Their quest leads them to team up with Magneto, also searching for Wanda, and the discovery that team members Wiccan and Speed are reincarnations of Wanda and Vision’s children.
    I don't know how the hell they read CC and thought Cassie was the one that jumpstarts the search/storyline. I know it's probably written by someone who doesn't read comics and is basing importance off of the MCU, but... it made me think of the very real possibility in order to get the YA into movies, they'll not only downplay Billy and Teddy, but also take their storylines and hand them off to other characters, like that little blurb accidentally did, so they can say it's close to source material, but not have to give gay characters some shine on the big screen.

Wiccan is the jumpstarter, but I can see why they thought it was Cassie, as she says this near the end of the first issue:
    Think about it. Billy's not the problem. The problem is Wanda Maximoff. She's the one who lost her mind. She's the one who made mutants an endangered species. She's the one who murdered my dad. And why did she do all that? Because she thought she'd lost her kid. So if we can show her that her sons are alive and well, she can undo it all. All of it. And can reverse the spell, give the mutants back their powers...and she can bring my dad back to life.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...rusade_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wiccan is the jumpstarter, but I can see why they thought it was Cassie, as she says this near the end of the first issue:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...rusade_Vol_1_1
    I kind of get it but to read the whole of Children's Crusade and say it was ultimately Cassie's idea is a big reach as that whole book literally centers around Billy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not sure if that's exactly what Fokken was suggesting, but yeah, that's actually a really good point. I was never into the idea that two innocent kids were ''possessed'' by the original twins and had all of their lives just... erased so they could exist.
    The only way this could work for me is if the spell/effect picked two kids/teens that were in comas and brain-dead and revived them with the new spirits in them. Basically re-homing the wayward souls in some 'empty vessels' and giving them another shot at life.

Presumably the 'rewrite' would also sort of conveniently swap their names around and mess with the memories of their parents and friends and make them always think they'd been named Billy and Tommy (since it would be ridiculously likely that there'd be two kids about the right age with those names lying in comas at the right time...).

The whole thing could be handled in a single scene of some grieving parents receiving the notification from their doctor that their son wasn't going to recover and showed no signs of brain activity, and that they now just had to make the decision to discontinue life support, while in the room there's a magic swirly and the teen's eyes suddenly open and he gasps, and the doctor rushes in and the family are all overjoyed and just as they are all rushing in the energy swirly happens around the doctors clipboard and on a sheet on the foot of the bed where we see a nametag change from 'Aaron' or something to 'William' and the mother stutters when saying her son's name and says Billy instead, looking confused, as if she thought for a second he was named something else...

So, the souls live on, but they aren't 'replacing' or supplanting anyone. (If anything, the parents are getting a second chance, as they were losing their sons. Although that might not be as big a deal for Tommy's parents, who don't seem to be as involved in his life...)