Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yes, Xochitl Gomez will play America in MoM. I don't think her casting is meant to be temporary, I think she's cast to really be the MCU's America going forward.

And well, even in the comics they're a mix of ages. Everyone being the exact same age isn't realistic. I just don't think the age gaps should be so big.
    Ok. I assumed she'd be playing the character going forward. Although I have no idea how big of a role she'll have in MoM.

Do you think the age gaps in the MCU are too big right now?

Extraordinary Member

We might not even get the full Young Avengers team together until 2025.
    She’ll be like what....19 in real life.

Billy, Teddy and Tommy’s teen actors be be the same age.

Kate and Cassie’s actresses might be the outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

That's what I been saying it's not that big of a wait! Hailee & Kathryn won't be that old!

Ultimate Member

What's weird is Peter Parker appears to be close in age to the older Young Avengers in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What's weird is Peter Parker appears to be close in age to the older Young Avengers in the MCU
    Well Kate and Cassie weren't snapped I'm guessing, though still I can't help but feel Cassie is older than what she should be. I guess Parkers age adds up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well Kate and Cassie weren't snapped I'm guessing, though still I can't help but feel Cassie is older than what she should be. I guess Parkers age adds up.
    I have no idea whether Kate was snapped.

I think the “young” part of Young Avengers is going to mean multiple things with whatever they will call the series/film. I’m sure the main reasoning for calling them that in the MCU will be because of their lack of experience as an Avenger. But for all we know, they might not even get called that in the MCU. It’ll be interesting to see how they all join up though as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I think the “young” part of Young Avengers is going to mean multiple things with whatever they will call the series/film. I’m sure the main reasoning for calling them that in the MCU will be because of their lack of experience as an Avenger. But for all we know, they might not even get called that in the MCU. It’ll be interesting to see how they all join up though as a team.
    Yeah - if they include Kamala and Riri in the team, they'll have an excuse to call it Champions instead (several of the comic Champions are probably unusable in the MCU, namely Miles, due to Sony having Spidey's rights, Viv, due to Vision's origin which involves an Infinity Stone, and Nadia, due to the existence of Hope, and there's no way they'd do two young teams simultaneously in the films anyway so merging them wouldn't be a surprise). Another possible name is New Avengers, the name of one of Billy and Teddy's other teams from the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Xochitl will be 18/19 in 4 years, but not Julian and Jett. They are 9 (going on 10) and 11 (going on 12) right now, respectively, so they'll be 13/14 and 15/16 in 2025. And even waiting that much is a gamble, because you can't really predict how those boys will be going through puberty, so Julian could still look like a kid at 13/14, and it could still look very weird compared to everyone else on the team. Hailee will be literally pushing 30, y'all. It's just so much easier to recast and make sure everyone will look the part, specially because I'm not convinced Young Avengers will only exist in 2025. I think we're getting the team before that.

If anything, I'd say America being younger should be the outlier. She wasn't a part of the original gang, so it doesn't really matter if she's older or younger. But the Heinberg era team should all be around the same age. They were all in school together. I don't think that dynamic should be broken.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-15-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, Xochitl Gomez will play America in MoM. I don't think her casting is meant to be temporary, I think she's cast to really be the MCU's America going forward.

And well, even in the comics they're a mix of ages. Everyone being the exact same age isn't realistic. I just don't think the age gaps should be so big.
    Well, Mac always feel like the "older part" of YA for me. It's gonna feel weird really.(Especially when you think about Mac and Kate being bestie and stuff.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-15-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Weoo Mac always feel like the "older part" of YA for me. It's gonna feel weird really.(Especially when you think about Mac and Kate being bestie and stuff.)
    Yeah, I've always felt the same about her, but I think I can sacrifice that part because MAC's role on the team was of an outsider. She just joined the team for her own ulterior motives, and I think you can recreate that in the MCU regardless of how old she is. And I think they can still do the friendship between her and Kate; they'll probably just have to remove the sexual/romantic tension kind of jokes between them. The only loss here will be for AmeriKate shippers, but that relationship was never canonically romantic, so it's not like it's going to be erasure of something essential to the characters. If they have to get rid of something, better be AmeriKate than an actual important couple like Wickling, tbh.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    This got me thinking. We know Iron Lad did the Nick Fury thing and approached each member sort of shown on Vol I. We’ve never had a canon story of how Billy and Teddy met. We know they went to the same school, but that’s it. But Heinberg and Cheung are writing their story for the Pride issue of Voices. Maybe this is what we’ve been wondering about. And it would fill in this piece of the puzzle before they meet on screen.

With MAC appearing in Multiverse of Madness, and the impending debut of Kang the Conqueror, I could easily see the MCU pivoting with the Young Avenger origin story and making MAC fill the "Iron Lad" role, bringing together the young heroes to combat whatever threats result from Kang & Company.

She comes from "the future", she knows "a lot", she traverses the Multiverse, etc.
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-15-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With MAC appearing in Multiverse of Madness, and the impending debut of Kang the Conqueror, I could easily see the MCU pivoting with the Young Avenger origin story and making MAC fill the "Iron Lad" role, bringing together the young heroes to combat whatever threats result from Kang & Company.

She comes from "the future", she knows "a lot", she traverses the Multiverse, etc.
    Oh, I would feel totally robbed to actually have Kang in the MCU and Young Avengers but not Iron Lad, and I'm not even an Iron Lad fan at all.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I would feel totally robbed to actually have Kang in the MCU and Young Avengers but not Iron Lad, and I'm not even an Iron Lad fan at all.
    Iron Lad is more a deus ex machine than a character. He worked in comics because we had 40 years of knowing Kang and his history. That won’t work for a character just debuting in Quantumania.