Page 54 of 141 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy might make an appearance in Captain Marvel potentially.... IDK why

I'm just glad to see him included in those type of things. A while back they were teasing a magic squad of sorts (that never came to be, unfortunately) and I was pissed at how Billy was never included. Recognize your magical majesty, Marvel!

Oh ok it's so funny cause technically Billy doesn't even do magic but I still get a kick out of him being on the magic squad.
    I know Ewing had his own sci-fi take on Billy's powers, but I don't think anyone at Marvel considers him to not be a magic user. He wouldn't even be on that cover if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Gosh imagine the scenario where Carol goes to Billy and is like, "so, I know you're gonna grow up to be a magic reality warping god-like being, can you teach me some of your tricks?" And Billy's magically uneducated ass just goes "um... I just say what I want to happen a bunch of times and it happens... Most of the time... Err, some of the time." T-T
    LOL. I absolutely LOVE the idea of Billy just being a super privileged magic user who never needed to study for anything and just make things happen on the go with his reality warping, and most of the other magic users low-key can't stand his ass because they had to train hard for that **** instead of just being born with a infinite supply of chaos magic at their disposal, and he's like, super clueless about it. ''Wait, you guys read books for your spells? That's crazy... I never needed that, haha.'' [Everyone glares at the twink in a judgmental way]
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-23-2021 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm just glad to see him included in those type of things. A while back they were teasing a magic squad of sorts (that never came to be, unfortunately) and I was pissed at how Billy was never included. Recognize your magical majesty, Marvel!

I know Ewing had his own sci-fi take on Billy's powers, but I don't think anyone at Marvel considers him to not be a magic user. He wouldn't even be on that cover if that was the case.

LOL. I absolutely LOVE the idea of Billy just being a super privileged magic user who never needed to study for anything and just make things happen on the go with his reality warping, and most of the other magic users low-key can't stand his ass because they had to train hard for that **** instead of just being born with a infinite supply of chaos magic at their disposal, and he's like, super clueless about it. ''Wait, you guys read books for your spells? That's crazy... I never needed that, haha.'' [Everyone glares at the twink in a judgmental way]
    I kind of love this idea but have Queen Nico be in the corner like "same fam" all i need is a drop of blood & some words haha "both get the death stare"

Thompson confirmed that 7 out of the 10 characters are appearing, and then that the ones not appearing are Loki, Pixie and Satana. So Billy will be on it.

Oh ok it's so funny cause technically Billy doesn't even do magic but I still get a kick out of him being on the magic squad.
    Young Avengers vol 2, the New Avengers run about Dr Strange looking for the next Sorcerer Supreme, Sorcerers Surpeme, BOTA, and Civil War 2 all pretty clearly establish Billy as a magic user in addition to a reality warped, imo.

Despite being in that Civil War 2 group though, billy often gets left out of magic team ups even though other young chars like Nico are included, so super glad to see him being used here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Thompson confirmed that 7 out of the 10 characters are appearing, and then that the ones not appearing are Loki, Pixie and Satana. So Billy will be on it.
    Oh that's nice I love a royal who takes time to help the peasants!! Billy on his Margarey Tyrrell **** giving back to the community you love to see it!

Well at the least for those who had fear him & Teddy would just never be on earth hopefully this kills those fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Young Avengers vol 2, the New Avengers run about Dr Strange looking for the next Sorcerer Supreme, Sorcerers Surpeme, BOTA, and Civil War 2 all pretty clearly establish Billy as a magic user in addition to a reality warped, imo.

Despite being in that Civil War 2 group though, billy often gets left out of magic team ups even though other young chars like Nico are included, so super glad to see him being used here.
    Yeah but in that same Civil War 2 comic where he got the magic spot he himself said it's not real magic, but mama Wanda was like "oh of course it is baby now go stunt on these peasants" & he was like "yes mom" so it's "magic" but not "magic magic" IMO

Yeah but in that same Civil War 2 comic where he got the magic spot he himself said it's not real magic, but mama Wanda was like "oh of course it is baby now go stunt on these peasants" & he was like "yes mom" so it's "magic" but not "magic magic" IMO
    IDG how he's the Sorcerer Supreme in the future if it's not magic.

Loki also pretty clearly teaches him spells in YA vol 2.

IDG how he's the Sorcerer Supreme in the future if it's not magic.

The Battle of the Atom future is hardly set in stone, hell Billy was an X-Men in that future & his X-Gene is questionable to say the least at the moment & IDK what Loki really taught him in volume 2 but I do know he was still doing the same iwantiwantiwant type thing he's been doing since his debut so.... *shrugs*

I'm content with what I said.

I take it from the DnD approach of a Sorcerer vs Wizard. A Sorcerer has a innate magic ability, they're able to wield and manipulate magic naturally and are often born with their abilities (latent or otherwise). A Wizard studies magic and is a practitioner of magic through research, study, and training. Both can be equally powerful, but approach magic from different avenues. It's similar to how Wanda's magic is explained in WandaVision, as the Scarlet Witch she uses magic without understanding the fundamentals or utilizing spells and incantations. So Billy is using "magic" as the nexus of his powers but isn't practicing "magic magic" like Doctor Strange would or Wanda is capable of.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As he should.

Gillen also explicitly refers to him as Chaos Magic user on the recap pages of the book. I think it was the only book that ever described his magic as Chaos Magic, but it makes a lot of sense, considering his reality warping, his connection to Wanda and the whole Demiurge thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I take it from the DnD approach of a Sorcerer vs Wizard. A Sorcerer has a innate magic ability, they're able to wield and manipulate magic naturally and are often born with their abilities (latent or otherwise). A Wizard studies magic and is a practitioner of magic through research, study, and training. Both can be equally powerful, but approach magic from different avenues. It's similar to how Wanda's magic is explained in WandaVision, as the Scarlet Witch she uses magic without understanding the fundamentals or utilizing spells and incantations. So Billy is using "magic" as the nexus of his powers but isn't practicing "magic magic" like Doctor Strange would or Wanda is capable of.
    Excellent delineation. Love it.

And truly, WandaVision's breakdown of "chaos magic" and its complexity (or lack thereof) is also a super welcome explanation.

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to get some more information to relay to G. Boney about a question he had in a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I have the Avengers West comics with them as babies when it was revealed they were really parts of Mephisto's soul, and they were erased from Wanda's mind. I also collected Young Avengers during that comic's first run. What I don't have are the books explaining how they ended up back alive again in the first place with other families, initially thinking they were the kids of those other people. Were they adopted?
    Can anyone help me out? I originally told him that they twins were essentially reality warped into existence as teens, but...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Just wanted to get some more information to relay to G. Boney about a question he had in a different thread.

Can anyone help me out? I originally told him that they twins were essentially reality warped into existence as teens, but...
    I think Mephisto absorbed the twins' souls but it destroyed all three of them, then they were reincarnated years later as separate boys in two separate families, and reunited in Young Avengers

Two options at this point twins souls traveled back in time when they died and were reborn into separate families, but this means technically while they were "dying" they were being raised somewhere else in short time travel is BS. Second option when the twins died they overrided 2 existing boys body's basically killing them & taking their place while morphing those bodies on a molecular level giving them the appearance of twins.

Both options weird & disturbing as **** they should have just been adopted!

Ultimate Member

It doesn't help their "parents" haven't actually aged up enough despite being around for 50+ years