Page 62 of 141 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Why can't they just say the Mar-Vell from captain marvel was like real Mar-Vells mom or some shit & then do the traditional storyline with Anelle ect. Frankly the Kree heritage isn't a big deal Skrull is where the royalty aspect comes in & is why he shouldn't be linked to Talos.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why can't they just say the Mar-Vell from captain marvel was like real Mar-Vells mom or some shit & then do the traditional storyline with Anelle ect. Frankly the Kree heritage isn't a big deal Skrull is where the royalty aspect comes in & is why he shouldn't be linked to Talos.
    I think Mar-Vell being his mom could work had she not died in 1989 I think. Although he could be made from her genetic material.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think Mar-Vell being his mom could work had she not died in 1989 I think. Although he could be made from her genetic material.
    Or she was a deadbeat popped out a kid & abandoned him in the name of science but the poor thing ended up dead & burnt...... Just saying.....

Ultimate Member

Or she was a deadbeat popped out a kid & abandoned him in the name of science but the poor thing ended up dead & burnt...... Just saying.....
    that's true. I think the problem is he's supposed to be a teen but if his mom died in 89 then he'd be in his 30s by now

Extraordinary Member

Maybe she had a half-breed amongst the Skrulls and Teddy’s the grandson.

Either way, Teddy’s most likely will appear in Secret Invasion.

that's true. I think the problem is he's supposed to be a teen but if his mom died in 89 then he'd be in his 30s by now
    Ok I'm saying Mar-Vell could be the original Captain Marvel's mom, & in that case Mar-Vells age adds up. And as far as Teddy in Empyre it was established he traveled through time to explain his age so they can do that in the MCU that's what I'm saying.

Ultimate Member

Ok I'm saying Mar-Vell could be the original Captain Marvel's mom, & in that case Mar-Vells age adds up. And as far as Teddy in Empyre it was established he traveled through time to explain his age so they can do that in the MCU that's what I'm saying.
    Oh, I see what you're saying. That could work.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I mean, there was no royalty at all back when Talos was introduced, but we don't know how things evolved ever since. Maybe his daughter could've grown to be a princess. But I prefer if they stick with Anelle and the Dorrek line. I just don't see any reason to change his maternal side of the family. They can say they just... exist and we didn't know about them before.

And I do think his Kree heritage is a big deal, because Mar-Vell is a relevant character. Making him be the son of a random, unimportant Kree would definitely take away from his legacy, IMO. Mar-Vell is the whole reason why Carol even is Captain Marvel, and I think being a direct part of that legacy can be very essential to keep him in the spotlight. So I truly hope his MCU dad is either a Mar-Vell Jr., Genis-Vell, or even an original character, as long as they keep him in the Vell line.

Extraordinary Member

They can pull a supergirl on Teddy, it's not that hard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    You mean time dilation?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    "My ship was blown off course and I arrived later than expected?" (sleeping in cryo the whole time) Yeah, that could work.

Or some Skrull shenanigans. "We get fertilized normally, but don't begin growing a baby until we feel like it's a safe time to have a kid and there's enough food and stuff, and it was decades before I felt safe..."

You mean time dilation?
    Sounds like it, yeah. Her origin is that she escapes Krypton's destruction alongside baby Kal-El, but gets trapped in the Phantom Zone and by the time she escapes and reaches Earth, Kal has grown up and become Superman - i.e. over 20 years have passed, and she hasn't aged. If the same thing happened to Teddy, it would explain him still being a teenager when he was born over 30 years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like it, yeah. Her origin is that she escapes Krypton's destruction alongside baby Kal-El, but gets trapped in the Phantom Zone and by the time she escapes and reaches Earth, Kal has grown up and become Superman - i.e. over 20 years have passed, and she hasn't aged. If the same thing happened to Teddy, it would explain him still being a teenager when he was born over 30 years ago.
    Yeah, it's possible they could do something like that. Honestly I'm not sure why they killed Mar-Vell off.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's possible they could do something like that. Honestly I'm not sure why they killed Mar-Vell off.
    All MCU mentors are killed off:
    Erskine
    Yinsen
    Freya
    Odin
    The Ancient One
    Mar-Vell
    Yondu
    T’Chaka
    Zuri
    Even Tony for Peter Parker

It’s a right of passage for the main character.

Only Ant-man is immune.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    All MCU mentors are killed off:
    Erskine
    Yinsen
    Freya
    Odin
    The Ancient One
    Mar-Vell
    Yondu
    T’Chaka
    Zuri
    Even Tony for Peter Parker

It’s a right of passage for the main character.

Only Ant-man is immune.
    I think because Ant-Man's mentor is an actual hero from the comics just rapidly aged for some reason. Of course, so was Mar-Vell