Page 69 of 141 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Was it ever explained, from in-universe point of view, why Teddy still use "Hulkling" name? It was proven quite quickly in the first series that he has no relation to Hulk, so why he kept using this name?
    Well 1 Carol stole his father's legacy so theirs that, 2 Brand he's well known & received by that name if it ain't broke don't fix it.

It would be comedic/scienticic genius if they put Jonas in Champaign Bot I could not imagine a more dutiful servant for B & T then a former friend they abandoned in an Avengers Vault, and this way he would be differentiated from Vision & Viv.

Fantastic Member

Like they did with the Avengers in MCU, they wouldn't necessary use all founding members of the Young Avengers / Champions. I think they already have too many characters for a team - Spider-Man, Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, Billy and Tommy, America Chaviz, Eli Bradley, Ms. Marvel, Ironheart. If they add Hulkling, it would already be 10 characters.

I wonder, would they even be a team in foreseeable future, or they would stay as supporting characters and/or sidekicks for adult characters for few years and then would just all join Avengers.

Ultimate Member

I would assume the MCU version wants to start smaller, so I don't think they'll use the Champions characters on the team just yet, if they're all on a team, that is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well 1 Carol stole his father's legacy so theirs that, 2 Brand he's well known & received by that name if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Carol became Captain Marvel only in 2012, while Young Avengers debuted in 2005, and they weren't all what well known to speak about brand. And anyway, both of these are out-of-universe explanations, and doesn't answer my question. From in-universe point of view there doesn't seems to be any reason for Teddy to still use "Hulkling" name.

Like they did with the Avengers in MCU, they wouldn't necessary use all founding members of the Young Avengers / Champions. I think they already have too many characters for a team - Spider-Man, Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, Billy and Tommy, America Chaviz, Eli Bradley, Ms. Marvel, Ironheart. If they add Hulkling, it would already be 10 characters.

I wonder, would they even be a team in foreseeable future, or they would stay as supporting characters and/or sidekicks for adult characters for few years and then would just all join Avengers.
    Would be surprised if Spider-Man is a part of the team for rights issues and just the general story direction.

And sure, they might not use all of the founding members, but eliminating one half of the central queer couple of the team would not go unnoticed.

Ultimate Member

Carol became Captain Marvel only in 2012, while Young Avengers debuted in 2005, and they weren't all what well known to speak about brand. And anyway, both of these are out-of-universe explanations, and doesn't answer my question. From in-universe point of view there doesn't seems to be any reason for Teddy to still use "Hulkling" name.
    Besides, why should a hero adopt a mantle just because their parent had it

Easy solution Spider-Man, Iron Heart, & Kamala are not young avengers they have their own thing going on since their debut they shouldn't be added to the team let them be their own thing as they always have been & if they want to do champions that badly they can bring in the others & let that be it's own thing.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-13-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

I think it's possible to have two separate teams considering the MCU already has Avengers and Guardians as separate groups

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Would be surprised if Spider-Man is a part of the team for rights issues and just the general story direction.

And sure, they might not use all of the founding members, but eliminating one half of the central queer couple of the team would not go unnoticed.
    I hadn't thought about movie rights, but from in-universe point of view - Parker is a teen hero, so he would fit into the team of teen heroes without problems.

I'm not saying they wouldn't add Hulkling, but that with him there would be already 10 characters, so Viv, Nova and others wouldn't have much place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Besides, why should a hero adopt a mantle just because their parent had it
    Exactly. He should have his own unique name, not related to Mar-Vell or Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. He should have his own unique name, not related to Mar-Vell or Hulk.
    Agreed. Maybe something Skrull or Kree related

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Agreed. Maybe something Skrull or Kree related
    Just spell his name differently like they did with Excelsior.

T’Eh-Dee

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Easy solution Spider-Man, Iron Heart, & Kamala are not young avengers they have their own thing going on since their debut they shouldn't be added to the team let them be their own thing as they always have been & if they want to do champions that badly they can bring in the others & let that be it's own thing.
    I think both teams could be easily mixed since MCU already have (or soon would have) characters from both of them. Young Avengers were gathered after Avengers disbanded, while Champions gathered after they decided what adult heroes aren't good enough and forgot that their main purpose is to help people. So, in MCU they can be introduced after some big event, for example, Secret Invasion. General population lost their trust in adult heroes, so Avengers are disbanded. Then, Spider-Man (who in MCU ironically has more connection to Iron Man than Iron Lad in comics ever had) gathers a group of teenagers from all across the country and propose to organize a new team on their own. And since "Avengers" name lost credibility in people eyes, they chose unrelated name - Champions - for the team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Just spell his name differently like they did with Excelsior.

T’Eh-Dee
    Yeah, or something over-the-top like Skrull Lord, Master of the Cosmos!

I think both teams could be easily mixed since MCU already have (or soon would have) characters from both of them. Young Avengers were gathered after Avengers disbanded, while Champions gathered after they decided what adult heroes aren't good enough and forgot that their main purpose is to help people. So, in MCU they can be introduced after some big event, for example, Secret Invasion. General population lost their trust in adult heroes, so Avengers are disbanded. Then, Spider-Man (who in MCU ironically has more connection to Iron Man than Iron Lad in comics ever had) gathers a group of teenagers from all across the country and propose to organize a new team on their own. And since "Avengers" name lost credibility in people eyes, they chose unrelated name - Champions - for the team.
    That could work. Although some of them won't be teens by then.

That's neat & all but I would prefer Young Avenger, Peter is an attention hog, Kamala, much like the comics put them in anything they take center stage, with Kamala & Riri already getting their own shows, Peter having his own movie series it's unnecessary to put them anywhere near the Young Avengers whom as far as we know so far are just being introduced throughout other series without having any major starring roles they can & should be their own thing.