Page 71 of 141 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2114
    Astonishing Member

I got it, for his name why doesn't he just go by his weapon Excelsior. It is space Excalibur and that's what its weilder goes by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yep...it is the new model...cancel and reboot with a new creative team....then 1/2 to 3/4 way thru the run revert to legacy numbering. Not confusing at all.
    Why did that happen? Is it a creative choice?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why did that happen? Is it a creative choice?
    Not sure...probably just easier to give people a 'jumping on point' with Issue 1.

I personally hate it....but would be OK with it happening one more time if it meant everything was getting a new, actual ongoing that would actually go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I got it, for his name why doesn't he just go by his weapon Excelsior. It is space Excalibur and that's what its weilder goes by.
    I think it's currently trademarked. Hopefully Ewing explores this in Guardians and gives him a super name proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yep...it is the new model...cancel and reboot with a new creative team....then 1/2 to 3/4 way thru the run revert to legacy numbering. Not confusing at all.
    What's weird is that Champions did the opposite. Zub's run started with issue 19. After issue 27, they went to new #1. Zub's first issue should've been a new #1 instead. Relaunching half way through his run didn't work for it, clearly, as he was taken off the book at issue 10 and it relaunched again.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    They could always have Kamala and Riri join some form of an All New, All Different MCU Avengers team while the YA get to be YA. Granted, it might be weird having two young heroes on the main team and not the Young team, but I feel it's fair enough given that most YA characters are gonna have to share the screen with other characters for their time in the MCU, while the aforementioned two Champions are already getting shows literally named after them.
    Kamala was an Avenger in the comics of course. For Ironheart it would basically be adapting a scene from Spider-Men II. One of Bendis' last moves was to give Riri an Ultimate counterpart, who, since the Champions don't and can't exist there (several members are unpowered or cannot exist) joined the Ultimates, 1610's version of the Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't understand how champions even keeps getting pushed when they continue to flop isn't this their third revamp in like 5 years of existence.
    I don't know if they're flopping exactly, since their planned mini was just extended to an ongoing. That seems to indicate they're doing fine enough for now. But my theory as to why Marvel wants to keep pushing Champions is that a) it's convenient for them to keep some of those characters in print, specially since Miles is the only one with a book outside of the team now. Without Champions, Riri and Kamala would be nowhere to be seen, which is probably not what Marvel wants now that they have their own upcoming shows. And then there's Sam, who hasn't had his own book for a while now but is still someone Marvel wants you to believe is a part of a ''Big 3'' with Kamala and Miles; he kinda needs Champions to stay relevant. And b) Marvel had issues with the Champions trademark in the past and had to fight to be able to publish it again, so keeping the book in print is probably a good way to not lose that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I used to think that woud be cool, but now that they retconned Excelsior to be officially spelled as Ez... Eze.... I don't even remember, honestly. Anyway, the complicated spelling makes it hard for me to see it as a viable codename, because that name is just way too weird to stick.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-14-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Joacquin Torres Falcon from Champions is also in the MCU now

Any news on Bill & Ted in Guardians yet?!

So Guardians 13!

spoilers:
    I enjoyed it for what it was there was a lot going on in this issue what with the progenitors attacking the new Throneworld which frankly looks like a shut hole but I see potential, Noh-Var appeared not really much there just spoke no action. Billy & Teddy defended their throne head on Teddy used his sword killed 1 progenitor very easily, Billy was mostly on defense this issue, Teddy gets poisoned Billy works on fixing that is very successful the rest of the Guardians show up & handle the situation, Teddy makes note that this whole attack was an act of war, then Mr DOOM & gloom himself Doctor DOOM!! Makes his grand entrance essentially saying let their be war he takes out the whole team easily picks up Teddy's Sword and poses dramatically which frankly I didn't like the Stan in me really feels at this stage in the game Billy should be able to hold his own against Doom but ya know hey man needed to make his entrance & Ewing had to hype him up I get it.... but I didn't like it. Oh one thing I made notice of Doom was kinda bitching about everyones titles like the heights they've reached with, Teddy, "King of Space" Quill "Master of the Sun" IDK why but in the context of these statements it was kinda weird to me Billy's "Demiurge" thing wasn't mentioned, when you read it you'll get what I mean I almost wonder if he doesn't know. All said and done I really enjoyed this a nice showing for the boys i trust them in Ewing's hand.

Last thing, I almost forgot we get some insight on how certain people feel about our co Emperors & Teddy's reign in general the seeds of rebellion are already planted hopefully Teddy moves swiftly & deals with it I lowkey hope this toughens Teddy up I love that he's softboi and all that but as a king he'll need to make tough calls Strikeforce showed Billy has no real objections to killing when the situation calls for it & it is canon so hopefully Teddy takes a page out of Hubby's book.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Journey; 04-14-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

GOTG thoughts:

spoilers:
    I love that they've already moved to the Throne-world lolll! Wonder if the apartments already on the market!

Ewing the tease putting Phyla on the other team!

I feel it in my bones that Ewing's gonna make Rich, Peter and Gamora a throuple! The fact that Gamora AND him were commenting on his distance is making me side eye

Love that Kl'rt asked Billy about that magic Skrull rune! I hope Ewing has Billy learn Skrull/Kree/Space magic!! Would definitely define him more than just him being Wanda deluxe in the power department

More hints at a traitor, hmmm.... my bets on a kree working with that priestess from the Fire Cult (also, wow, a fire cult! with lore that supposes fire=magic. Not saying anything, but fire is sometimes thought of as life, and with Billy and Doom here, maybe we get more LIFEforce stuff...hmmm

Speaking of Doom, what a drama queen with that entrance lmaooo! My tl was worried about that, but Doom always has some convoluted plan, so I'm betting he's there for other reasons (maybe Lifeforce stuff...)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    GOTG thoughts:

spoilers:
    I love that they've already moved to the Throne-world lolll! Wonder if the apartments already on the market!

Ewing the tease putting Phyla on the other team!

I feel it in my bones that Ewing's gonna make Rich, Peter and Gamora a throuple! The fact that Gamora AND him were commenting on his distance is making me side eye

Love that Kl'rt asked Billy about that magic Skrull rune! I hope Ewing has Billy learn Skrull/Kree/Space magic!! Would definitely define him more than just him being Wanda deluxe in the power department

More hints at a traitor, hmmm.... my bets on a kree working with that priestess from the Fire Cult (also, wow, a fire cult! with lore that supposes fire=magic. Not saying anything, but fire is sometimes thought of as life, and with Billy and Doom here, maybe we get more LIFEforce stuff...hmmm

Speaking of Doom, what a drama queen with that entrance lmaooo! My tl was worried about that, but Doom always has some convoluted plan, so I'm betting he's there for other reasons (maybe Lifeforce stuff...)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You never get rid of NYC real estate...you sublet until you come back to town.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    I wonder what they're going to do with Billy's fear of Doom from Strikeforce, or his awkwardness about Doom almost becoming his stepfather. I also hate how they gave Teddy this sword, but everyone else gets to have it, or steal it, or break it. Just let the man keep his toys! All in all, a really good setup issue, maybe "He Who Waits" is the thing that happens in the Empyre Aftermath issue. They're already meeting up with SWORD in GotG 15, which could bring that to a head.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder what they're going to do with Billy's fear of Doom from Strikeforce, or his awkwardness about Doom almost becoming his stepfather. I also hate how they gave Teddy this sword, but everyone else gets to have it, or steal it, or break it. Just let the man keep his toys! All in all, a really good setup issue, maybe "He Who Waits" is the thing that happens in the Empyre Aftermath issue. They're already meeting up with SWORD in GotG 15, which could bring that to a head.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's either gonna laugh it off, Use Doom as his new Loki & get some legitimate magic training, or talk his **** like Doom what's good!

All 3 options are appealing. I also hate how anyone can use Teddy's Sword I didn't even like when he loaned it to Thailand this is not M'Jonir can my boy have something of his own please!!
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I don't understand that gif

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't know if they're flopping exactly, since their planned mini was just extended to an ongoing. That seems to indicate they're doing fine enough for now. But my theory as to why Marvel wants to keep pushing Champions is that a) it's convenient for them to keep some of those characters in print, specially since Miles is the only one with a book outside of the team now. Without Champions, Riri and Kamala would be nowhere to be seen, which is probably not what Marvel wants now that they have their own upcoming shows. And then there's Sam, who hasn't had his own book for a while now but is still someone Marvel wants you to believe is a part of a ''Big 3'' with Kamala and Miles; he kinda needs Champions to stay relevant. And b) Marvel had issues with the Champions trademark in the past and had to fight to be able to publish it again, so keeping the book in print is probably a good way to not lose that again.

I used to think that woud be cool, but now that they retconned Excelsior to be officially spelled as Ez... Eze.... I don't even remember, honestly. Anyway, the complicated spelling makes it hard for me to see it as a viable codename, because that name is just way too weird to stick.
    I am assuming it is pronounced the same way, but it was just a thought along with "Green Marvel". As for Sam, it really is the interactions more then having an on going, since the point of a trinity is how the 3 work together when they are together. He was part of the Annihilation: Scourage crossover so he can always be called for a Cosmic book, but ya he does usually get the short end of the stick where it feels the community also sometimes does only Ms. Marvel and Spiderman stuff.