Page 77 of 141 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There is some fake outrage out of that, but not all of it is. And it's never too late for Marvel to learn the lessons of how they've depicted certain groups of people.
    Agreed. Not all discontent with Marvel should be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not sure what you mean
    It's self-explanatory he's mostly unused in the comics pretty much a blank slate they can do whatever they want with him they should rebrand him start from scratch keep his foundation but build something bigger & better.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There is some fake outrage out of that, but not all of it is. And it's never too late for Marvel to learn the lessons of how they've depicted certain groups of people.
    It's too late for the Maximoffs they want to start a new with someone else by all means.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's self-explanatory he's mostly unused in the comics pretty much a blank slate they can do whatever they want with him they should rebrand him start from scratch keep his foundation but build something bigger & better.
    Oh, I see what you mean. I heard there might have been some legal issues restraining him being used in the 10s, but I'm not sure. Regardless, hopefully he'll gain popularity in the MCU

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This showed up on my feed and apparently it's from Star Trek, but it's giving me Hulkling vibes. LOL

It's how I feel about Tommy, basically. The MCU will have a lot of creative liberties to define him, considering how little he has going on for him in the comics.

It's too late for the Maximoffs they want to start a new with someone else by all means.
    I don't really have the privilege of even suggesting that sort of thing. There are only four comics characters in over 60 years of lore. They aren't adding anymore at this point. I can only hope they get better with what they have created.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This showed up on my feed and apparently it's from Star Trek, but it's giving me Hulkling vibes. LOL

It's how I feel about Tommy, basically. The MCU will have a lot of creative liberties to define him, considering how little he has going on for him in the comics.
    I hope Hulkling is a bit smoother looking. The Orions in Discovery seem a bit "over-made-up"

It seems only some of the YA really get a lot of attention, while others are sidelined. Hopefully the MCU equals it out.

I feel like the MCU is the perfect opportunity to give Eli a full rebrand & I'm down for whatever they do.
    This was interesting statement, In what way do you think he should be rebranded.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This was interesting statement, In what way do you think he should be rebranded.
    Well for one I would make him less of the goody goody of the team sure 1 could argue that was Teddy but Eli is the one who was always like let's do the right thing, don't trust you, blah blah blah, like Captain America Jr which is good qualities but it arguably led to his demise as a character that same attitude is what got Cassie killed & Eli launched into obscurity. With Isaiah being anti captain America maybe some of that grittyness can rub off on Eli. Also since their's another Patriot in 616 I think Eli could hold a new name or he could just successfully make the Patriot name his own like give it meaning! IDK how to explain this but the MCU gives Eli chance to build an actual legacy a legitimate following if they pull the same **** in the MCU they did in the YA comic I don't see him being successful & history will just repeat itself, i want him to suceed.

I hope Hulkling is a bit smoother looking. The Orions in Discovery seem a bit "over-made-up"
    I just shared 'cause I thought it was funny, but I actually don't think MCU Hulkling will be made with make-up at all. Knowing the MCU, it's more likely he's going to be full CGI.

Well for one I would make him less of the goody goody of the team sure 1 could argue that was Teddy but Eli is the one who was always like let's do the right thing, don't trust you, blah blah blah, like Captain America Jr which is good qualities but it arguably led to his demise as a character that same attitude is what got Cassie killed & Eli launched into obscurity. With Isaiah being anti captain America maybe some of that grittyness can rub off on Eli. Also since their's another Patriot in 616 I think Eli could hold a new name or he could just successfully make the Patriot name his own like give it meaning! IDK how to explain this but the MCU gives Eli chance to build an actual legacy a legitimate following if they pull the same **** in the MCU they did in the YA comic I don't see him being successful & history will just repeat itself, i want him to suceed.
    While I personally didn't mind Eli's behavior during his Young Avengers time, I do think that making him be the go-to guy to be the ''stuck up'' of the team might've hurt his popularity a little bit. All the YA characters were often more endearing than not, but Eli was constantly being put in a sort of antagonistic position within the team. Between being all bossy pants on the first arc, to be the first one throwing a fit and quitting the team on the second arc, and then being the only one against recruiting Tommy, to being super annoying to Kate on Young Avengers Presents, and then on his last major story (The Children's Crusade) he was basically the grumpy dude who lost his leadership to Kate and fucked up Wanda's spell, which consequently stopped mutants from being repowered AND ended up giving Doctor Doom all the power that he used to kill Cassie. Considering he was shelved for the next many years and still hasn't recovered to full prominence even now that he's back, his story there definitely ended on a bad note. Although I don't fully blame the writers here since the reason why he stopped being used was something out of anyone's control. Maybe he would've had some great development if he had been allowed to stick around back then and build a bigger fanbase in other books like the others did. It is what it is... let's just hope he has a better future now. And yeah, hopefully the MCU will learn from the source material's mistakes and make him as much of a breakout character as the others. People are LOVING Isaiah so far, so there's really no excuses. The potential is right there.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-19-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing there may be some tension between Isaiah and Eli when then the latter becomes a hero

One thing i hope Eli would learn from what's happened is to not be to cozy with the military industrial complex, but idk id that will be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I just shared 'cause I thought it was funny, but I actually don't think MCU Hulkling will be made with make-up at all. Knowing the MCU, it's more likely he's going to be full CGI.
    hopefully but remember how the skrulls looked in the captain marvel movie and in the MCU in general i still wonder why they didn't use the CGI they used on Vision to make it look more smoother, i can see them using that for Hulkling

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    hopefully but remember how the skrulls looked in the captain marvel movie and in the MCU in general i still wonder why they didn't use the CGI they used on Vision to make it look more smoother, i can see them using that for Hulkling
    This brings up something interesting and tbh I could see them “Hulk-ing” Teddy out in more specific circumstances in the MCU. Outside of acknowledging his Skrull half, it doesn’t even make as much sense in the comics now. He’s inherited super strength from both sides of his family, can manipulate his physiology, and has demonstrated that his default is his pink “human” form. It’s kind of cool that, in a way, his supersuit includes his physical shape/characteristics that could be played to in some respect in future stories.

Has Teddy used his strength in “human” form?

One thing i hope Eli would learn from what's happened is to not be to cozy with the military industrial complex, but idk id that will be allowed
    It shouldn't be hard at all to not throw him into that world. He doesn't have to go around screaming ''military people are pigs!!'', but he doesn't have to be close to them either. Just keep him far from that and everything will be ok. If he becomes a hero, he should do it to honor his grandfather and not any military people. It's that simple and Marvel would have to be really dumb to mess that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The thing is that Hulkling is not supposed to look like a Skrull. He started the whole green thing BEFORE he even knew he was a Skrull. The point was to be a younger version of the Hulk, so unless they change that, they don't have any reason to make him look like the other Skrulls, specially if he starts out not knowing what is a Skrull and that he is supposed to be one of them. Also, as a hybrid, an argument could be made that the mixing of species could make him look different anyway.

And just being completely superficial here, but the MCU Skrulls are kinda ugly, and Teddy should be handsome even in Hulkling form, so I definitely don't want him to look like them, LOL. They should just use the face of whoever gets cast as the model for the character in green form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    This brings up something interesting and tbh I could see them “Hulk-ing” Teddy out in more specific circumstances in the MCU. Outside of acknowledging his Skrull half, it doesn’t even make as much sense in the comics now. He’s inherited super strength from both sides of his family, can manipulate his physiology, and has demonstrated that his default is his pink “human” form. It’s kind of cool that, in a way, his supersuit includes his physical shape/characteristics that could be played to in some respect in future stories.

Has Teddy used his strength in “human” form?
    Oh yeah, I definitely don't think the MCU will make him look green all the time like the most recent comics post-Empyre have been doing. It saves time and money to only have him Hulk-out in action scenes. I prefer it this way too.

And that's a good question. I can't remember any moment where he used super-strenght while not being green.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Looks like we're about to reach the ending of Aftermath this summer!! And Teddy looking spiffy on both the GOTG and SWORD covers!!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...402024964?s=19