Page 84 of 141 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, the MCU doesn't exactly follow the comics, so maybe someone else might do it.

Not that I want that. I'm not a fan of killing off characters too quickly
    Cassie's death was NOT it for me. It was just so sad because I felt like we spent the most time with her family and people warning her about the consequences. There was even that issue where she almost quit and shrunk herself to oblivion after she accidentally hurt her stepdad. Plus, I'm pretty sure she was the youngest of the group and 14 at the time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Cassie's death was NOT it for me. It was just so sad because I felt like we spent the most time with her family and people warning her about the consequences. There was even that issue where she almost quit and shrunk herself to oblivion after she accidentally hurt her stepdad. Plus, I'm pretty sure she was the youngest of the group and 14 at the time.
    True. I meant just the movies. Almost everyone comes back in the comics!

You know with the way WandaVision ends a Children's Crusade adaptation doesn't need to be about Wanda they could make it about Vision in the MCU the twins actually love their father & a version of him is still around so ya know boom! He's already got the amnesia aspect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know with the way WandaVision ends a Children's Crusade adaptation doesn't need to be about Wanda they could make it about Vision in the MCU the twins actually love their father & a version of him is still around so ya know boom! He's already got the amnesia aspect.
    That would be a bit of a twist. But I'm guessing when they find him, he won't feel any connection to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That would be a bit of a twist. But I'm guessing when they find him, he won't feel any connection to them.
    Doubles the angst aspect.

Ultimate Member

Doubles the angst aspect.
    I'm guessing they'll stick with White Vision for a while. They try to bring him back "into the family", but he's either too detached, or regained his emotions but will other characters

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really want to see that become known to Scott and Cassie...that Doom brought her back.
    I wish they would talk more about her death/resurrection and her feelings about it AT ALL more often. There's so much to unpack there that just never gets explored. Was it a traumatic experience for her? Did she suffer from any sort of PTSD after returning to heroics? What are her feelings on Doom now? How did she take the news about Jonas dying too, and by the hands of her ex, nonetheless? And this is less essential, but I would also LOVE a story in which Cassie reconnects with her childhood friend Kristoff Vernard, and there is all sort of awkwardness over the fact that he is, you know... Doom's son. That could be a good story.

That's an interesting suggestion, and it could make up for the lack of Vision interaction with the twins we've gotten in the comics. I think I would like it if they made it about BOTH Wanda and Vision, though, as a way to give this family some closure after WandaVision.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wish they would talk more about her death/resurrection and her feelings about it AT ALL more often. There's so much to unpack there that just never gets explored. Was it a traumatic experience for her? Did she suffer from any sort of PTSD after returning to heroics? What are her feelings on Doom now? How did she take the news about Jonas dying too, and by the hands of her ex, nonetheless? And this is less essential, but I would also LOVE a story in which Cassie reconnects with her childhood friend Kristoff Vernard, and there is all sort of awkwardness over the fact that he is, you know... Doom's son. That could be a good story.

It goes well beyond just death and resurrection. Let's face it. Parents divorce and Scott goes to prison , Peggy and Scott fight constantly over her because Peggy is afraid for her safety at Avengers Mansion when she is there, Scott dies, she gets powers and more issues with Peggy and Blake, first 2 crushes are villain or at least villain adjacent (Kristoff and young Kang), young Kang kills her next crush Vision/Jonas in front of her, Scott comes back and she dies, she comes back, gets kidnapped and has her heart LITERALLY CUT OUT, gets a new heart, Scott pulls his disappearing act 'to keep her safe' from his crap...then finds out Scott is stalking her, gets powers form PB to get revenge on the guy who cut her heart out and gets captured, Scott has to put together a crew to pull a heist/rescue her and then he gets arrested to protect her from getting in trouble for her criminal acts, then she gets kidnapped and held hostage by Hydra to force Scott to spy/sabotage the Resistance, then Scott takes off again to let the heat die down by going to outer space....

Let's face it....this girl is definitely going to be putting in the therapy hours with Doc Samson.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It goes well beyond just death and resurrection. Let's face it. Parents divorce and Scott goes to prison , Peggy and Scott fight constantly over her because Peggy is afraid for her safety at Avengers Mansion when she is there, Scott dies, she gets powers and more issues with Peggy and Blake, first 2 crushes are villain or at least villain adjacent (Kristoff and young Kang), young Kang kills her next crush Vision/Jonas in front of her, Scott comes back and she dies, she comes back, gets kidnapped and has her heart LITERALLY CUT OUT, gets a new heart, Scott pulls his disappearing act 'to keep her safe' from his crap...then finds out Scott is stalking her, gets powers form PB to get revenge on the guy who cut her heart out and gets captured, Scott has to put together a crew to pull a heist/rescue her and then he gets arrested to protect her from getting in trouble for her criminal acts, then she gets kidnapped and held hostage by Hydra to force Scott to spy/sabotage the Resistance, then Scott takes off again to let the heat die down by going to outer space....

Let's face it....this girl is definitely going to be putting in the therapy hours with Doc Samson.
    When you put it like that, yeah... Cassie has been through some ****, and all of that before even graduating from high school. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So Eli got a few more lines in the series finale, even though he still didn't get to do much again. The overall feeling is definitely that the show could've done without him and the story would still be the same, which is why I think it was nice of them to include him at all. I think it's pretty telling that they specifically wanted him to be the only family Isaiah has on the show, when they could've gone with anyone else (Faith, Sarah, Josiah, any of his other grandkids). And we know they almost included him in another MCU production too (Black Panther), so... I feel like that's their way of telling us to watch this space.

I'm not sure if anything was ever filmed, but I know there are concept arts for AMATW that show Cassie shrinking down with Scott while they play together.
    For the reasons you stated, I firmly believe that Eli will definitely be included. I'm thinking that they left much of Eli presence loose so that they can fill in a good narrative for him. The fact that he was even written in and then had another showing, Marvel drops these breadcrumbs for good set up.

Jeez, I kind of underestimated how much Cassie's life sucked. And how many times she gets used as a damsel in distress for Scott stories.

(I guess we could throw in how her best friend barely spends time with her while Kate's gallivanting off in LA with America and company).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez, I kind of underestimated how much Cassie's life sucked. And how many times she gets used as a damsel in distress for Scott stories.

(I guess we could throw in how her best friend barely spends time with her while Kate's gallivanting off in LA with America and company).
    We definitely need the Kate/Cassie BFF situation made clear. Kate and America may be great friends...but Kate and Cassie is my sister from another mister jam for those two.

it kinda bothers me that they're casting people that are too old to be a young avenger imo (no ageism)

and then you have the america chavez actress which by the time they finally make the YA movie/series she will have the right age for the role

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    it kinda bothers me that they're casting people that are too old to be a young avenger imo (no ageism)

and then you have the america chavez actress which by the time they finally make the YA movie/series she will have the right age for the role
    Well, actors often play younger than their actual age, but I don't get why America is so young (unless the theory that the LGBTQ+ characters are so young because they don't want to address their sexuality is accurate).

Maybe Kate & Cassie will be YA at first but graduate to Avengers early. With the Big 3 gone & after Chadwick RIP they need to fill ranks maybe that plays apart in why their so old.