Page 85 of 141 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2114

or just pull a stranger things move and have young adults playing high school students like Steve

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't really care about the age of the actors as long as they look the part and they can keep the characters around the same age. I'm fine with the America casting because as someone who's not a part of the original gang, she can be an exception. Or even, by the time she joins the team, the actress might look old enough that they can say she's around the same age as the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, actors often play younger than their actual age, but I don't get why America is so young (unless the theory that the LGBTQ+ characters are so young because they don't want to address their sexuality is accurate).
    I think people exaggerate their worries about America a little. 'Cause yeah, she's younger, but she's not that young that she couldn't possibly have any sense of sexuality yet. The actress is 14 going on 15, and I'm guessing the character will be around that same age too. She's literally a teenager going through puberty right now, so she can be a lesbian. Disney Channel had a gay character around that same age on a show not long ago, so it's not impossible even by their ''conservative'' standards. They probably just wouldn't make it overtly sexual, but then again, Marvel Studios productions rarely ever get sexual with their characters, even the straight ones. Their relationships are pretty tame.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-25-2021 at 11:46 AM.

"This may only be the beginning of Eli Bradley" says his actor.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COA-slyBOKl/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "This may only be the beginning of Eli Bradley" says his actor.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COA-slyBOKl/
    I think we all assumed that, but good to know

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They never even outright said his name, as far as I could tell.

He was just kind of there.
    They should have had at least 2 name drops for Eli. When Bucky and Sam show up Isaiah could have said "Eli, go wait outside..." and then when Sam shows up with the shield he could have said "Eli, where's your grandfather?"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They should have had at least 2 name drops for Eli. When Bucky and Sam show up Isaiah could have said "Eli, go wait outside..." and then when Sam shows up with the shield he could have said "Eli, where's your grandfather?"
    This show didn't really give to him thr boost WandaVision did to the Maximoff twins. But he wasn't directly connected to the MCs like the other 2 were

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    This show didn't really give to him thr boost WandaVision did to the Maximoff twins. But he wasn't directly connected to the MCs like the other 2 were
    Yes...he was not as important to the story as Billy and Tommy were to WV...but he still deserved to have his name spoken.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes...he was not as important to the story as Billy and Tommy were to WV...but he still deserved to have his name spoken.
    Yeah, that definitely would've helped. Until then, most non-comic fans will just call him Isaiah's grandson

Good grief, remember when we were losing our damn minds over that rando background actor going off on instagram about joining the WandaVision cast? hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Good grief, remember when we were losing our damn minds over that rando background actor going off on instagram about joining the WandaVision cast? hahaha.
    I never believed he was going to be anything other than an extra, so I just laughed through the whole thing. Although it does hurt that we didn't get Hulkling at all in the show after we spent a whole year waiting on that because of that casting call from last year. The Illuminerdi is not seeing heaven for getting my hopes up like that.

I think Secret Invasion is for sure gonna be Teddy's debut J can imagine the team without him & by that time will also likely know the status on the Minimoffs & whether they'll get recasted again & with that information we can know what to look out for when it comes to casting for Teddy.

Speaking of the Minimoffs I just noticed in this interview a month back a Senior Editor did say he still thought of the twins as mutants, it's not much but it is the closest confirmation we've gotten on that situation so hey, he also said they belong too a different editing team so it's subject to change but it was interesting statement none the less it's a long ass interview but here ya go if you're curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Speaking of the Minimoffs I just noticed in this interview a month back a Senior Editor did say he still thought of the twins as mutants, it's not much but it is the closest confirmation we've gotten on that situation so hey, he also said they belong too a different editing team so it's subject to change but it was interesting statement none the less it's a long ass interview but here ya go if you're curious.
    What is the timestamp for this part? I'm not gonna watch this whole video. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I couldn't even tell you I did watch the whole thing completely forgot lol I wanna say somewhere in the middle but I'm high so that's not reliable. Oh I do recall he also flat out said that's how Tommy got on Krakoa so yeah he dropped some tea.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-26-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ok so I actually went back & watched this **** I found the time stamp!! 1:52:50!! Yeah dude is firm on them being mutants as of now but did say they could change that depending on editors whims.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-26-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think Secret Invasion is for sure gonna be Teddy's debut J can imagine the team without him & by that time will also likely know the status on the Minimoffs & whether they'll get recasted again & with that information we can know what to look out for when it comes to casting for Teddy.

Considering it took such a LONG winded answer to just say "they were stated as mutant at their creation, so that's what we're going with" I'm betting it's not that concrete. That being said, I feel like with how close in proximity to the Hellfire Gala the GOTG and SWORD space stuff is gonna happen, we'll see if Billy pops in via the portal or if they just pull up in a spaceship.