Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I've been through so many fancasts that I don't even try anymore. At this point I'm just open to anyone who's good.

But if I had to guess, judging by those first two episodes and what they required from the actors... I get the feeling Marvel might've wanted someone who's good at comedy and feels comfortable in the sitcom format. I won't be suprised if they ended up casting a former sitcom actor from the Disney-owned channels (Disney Channel, ABC, Freeform, etc), because Disney loves to recicle their talent.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    He’s 21 so it’s older but who knows. I’d take anyone over Timothee.
    OmG Deadly Class was so good all the good **** gets canceled ugh

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

He’s 21 so it’s older but who knows. I’d take anyone over Timothee.
    Ugh, I really liked Deadly Class, so sad it got cancelled. Anyway, he looks perfect, that gif specifically reminds me of that panel after Billy got beat up. And 21 is fine, given Cassie and Kate's actresses are in their 20s as well. Tbh, I'd prefer if they casted 20-somethings instead of teens.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Keep in mind these actors will also have to be able to pull their weight in feature films.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Keep in mind these actors will also have to be able to pull their weight in feature films.
    I think this guy could. He’s not like Disney stars but who knows. I could see them going with unknowns if they go the twin route. I wonder if one will have white hair or if it’ll be more like the OG children both being brunettes.

There's that guy who's sorta becoming popular now and he's like 17 but definetely looks older... He's like one of those model tumblr fancasts but actually an actor. Can't remember his name.

Just so you guys know, on Marvel's "This Week in Comics" podcast, the hosts mentioned that Billy and Teddy would have some showing in GOTG #13 in April! And the way they mentioned it, it seemed to be a somewhat substantial appearance vs. SWORD having Paibok mention them by title and not name (also, hurray for more Ewing BillyTeddy lol). Can't wait to hopefully see Teddy meet his sorta-sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Just so you guys know, on Marvel's "This Week in Comics" podcast, the hosts mentioned that Billy and Teddy would have some showing in GOTG #13 in April! And the way they mentioned it, it seemed to be a somewhat substantial appearance vs. SWORD having Paibok mention them by title and not name (also, hurray for more Ewing BillyTeddy lol). Can't wait to hopefully see Teddy meet his sorta-sister!
    That's great to hear! Always happy to see the any of the cast used and hopefully we'll have a little progression with Teddy exploring his Kree heritage.

Also, I think Ben Wadsworth could do a good job with Billy and maybe even Teddy. Personally I'm okay with Timothee purely because hes proven talent, i.e. he's an excellent actor. Louis Partridge (as mentioned above?) would be an ok option too. I like Charlie Rowe for the role as well, hes got an awkward and endearing quality to him.

Lots to look forward to, it sounds like!
    Wandavision! Guardians of the Galaxy! And after reading the CBR article about the X-Men's Hellfire Gala, I'm curious to see if any representatives (or the royalty themselves) from the Kree/Skrull alliance wind up with invitations!

I think this guy could. He’s not like Disney stars but who knows. I could see them going with unknowns if they go the twin route. I wonder if one will have white hair or if it’ll be more like the OG children both being brunettes.
    I've said this before, but I think both are gonna have darker hair as kids. I don't think it makes sense for one of them to have natural white hair like in the comics, 'cause that's not a family thing that exists in the Maximoff family in the MCU. Maybe they'll make a reference to Tommy's white hair by making him dye his hair with a platinum-like color once he grows up (much like MCU Pietro was a bleach blonde in Age Of Ultron), but that's it. Or, and I don't think this has been considered yet, but with Paul Bettany being a natural blonde and his human form being featured quite a lot on the show, it's possible they might want the MCU twins to be blondes too. But I'm not into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's that guy who's sorta becoming popular now and he's like 17 but definetely looks older... He's like one of those model tumblr fancasts but actually an actor. Can't remember his name.
    Louis Partridge? 'Cause that's a name I keep seeing popping up after he got popular because of that movie on Netflix with Millie Bobbie Brown. I would actually kinda like if they got someone british for the twins. It would be interesting to see their interactions with Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Well, hopefully this is something they'll be promoting the hell out of on their social media instead of just mentioning once in a podcast. If you hadn't posted this here, I wouldn't even know because I don't listen to any of the Marvel podcasts. Anyway, YES! I remember when Ewing teased he had plans for them in GOTG, so it's nice to see that finally coming up. And honestly, if they are not going to give Billy and Teddy a new ongoing after KIB: Wiccan & Hulkling, I'm hoping Ewing will just add them to the regular cast of this book. They need to get out of limbo ASAP.

And yeah, Teddy meeting AU Phyla should be interesting. I wonder if there was a Teddy in her universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I've said this before, but I think both are gonna have darker hair as kids. I don't think it makes sense for one of them to have natural white hair like in the comics, 'cause that's not a family thing that exists in the Maximoff family in the MCU. Maybe they'll make a reference to Tommy's white hair by making him dye his hair with a platinum-like color once he grows up (much like MCU Pietro was a bleach blonde in Age Of Ultron), but that's it. Or, and I don't think this has been considered yet, but with Paul Bettany being a natural blonde and his human form being featured quite a lot on the show, it's possible they might want the MCU twins to be blondes too. But I'm not into that.
    I'd prefer both brunettes if Tommy doesn't go white haired. Idk, but making a Jewish character go from brown hair and dark eyes to blonde and potentially blue eyes to match two blondes (I believe Liz Olsen is also somewhat blonde naturally as well) seems like a nightmare optics wise.

Well, hopefully this is something they'll be promoting the hell out of on their social media instead of just mentioning once in a podcast. If you hadn't posted this here, I wouldn't even know because I don't listen to any of the Marvel podcasts. Anyway, YES! I remember when Ewing teased he had plans for them in GOTG, so it's nice to see that finally coming up. And honestly, if they are not going to give Billy and Teddy a new ongoing after KIB: Wiccan & Hulkling, I'm hoping Ewing will just add them to the regular cast of this book. They need to get out of limbo ASAP.

And yeah, Teddy meeting AU Phyla should be interesting. I wonder if there was a Teddy in her universe.
    Since the hosts also said the issue could be a jumping on point for some (new costumes, new team members, new villain) I assume it'll get some promo. And, one thing to keep in mind, should Teddy show up in WV, this could be the first comic with them post MCU debut, depending on when the KiB one shot lands release wise in March.

And, ngl, I've always had scenarios in my head of AU Phyla and if she had her own Teddy. I'm not too familiar with her and AU Moondragon, but I know they're from like a heroes only-verse, or a place where it's more good or something like that, so I wonder if her Teddy is like some really beloved ruler. Also, I know this is just self indulgence, but I really would love to see her have a moment where she recognizes Billy, just so that we could establish they get together in every universe. Cause what's more romantic than a love that transcends the barriers of the multiverse *sobs in the corner*

Heh. It might be funny if the twins got frustrated with being confused for one another so in a flustered state, Billy waves hands at Tommy and magically alters his hair color.

"THERE! Tommy is the blonde."

Also: LOVING Walking Replica's proposal about AU Phyla recognizing Billy!

Well there's that super zoomed in shot with pics of them as kids on the wall, where we can see them with dark hair. Wanda's natural hair is dark brown so it makes the most sense.

And MCU Pietro definetely had white hair...

Louis Partridge? 'Cause that's a name I keep seeing popping up after he got popular because of that movie on Netflix with Millie Bobbie Brown. I would actually kinda like if they got someone british for the twins. It would be interesting to see their interactions with Paul.
    Yep! I only know his face, didn't even know he was british!

Just clarifying since a lot of people (including me) misinterpreted Valerio's tweet: looks like he wasn't really fancasting, but just saying Timothée was his base for drawing Wiccan during Empyre. People were being so mean to him for nothing, LOL. It's cool either way. I like hearing about inspirations behind character designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well there's that super zoomed in shot with pics of them as kids on the wall, where we can see them with dark hair. Wanda's natural hair is dark brown so it makes the most sense.

And MCU Pietro definetely had white hair...
    Wait, you're right! I totally forgot about the framed pictures on the wall.

As for MCU Pietro, it looks blonde to me. Platinum blonde, but still blonde instead of just white. Either way, my point is that it just wasn't his natural hair color (as we could tell by his roots showing and the flashbacks in the movie), so it's not really something Tommy would be born with through family genes or whatever.

Ultimate Member

Maybe they'll make a reference to Tommy's white hair by making him dye his hair with a platinum-like color once he grows up (much like MCU Pietro was a bleach blonde in Age Of Ultron), but that's it. Or, and I don't think this has been considered yet, but with Paul Bettany being a natural blonde and his human form being featured quite a lot on the show, it's possible they might want the MCU twins to be blondes too. But I'm not into that.
    Definitely not into a blonde Jewish Billy, but Tommy more resembling Vision/Paul Bettany than Quicksilver would be an interesting twist. I kinda wonder what it would have been like if he was more 'spiritually connected' to his 'father' than his 'mom's' brother, and had some mechanical powers/attributes instead of being a speedster.

That said, I like him being a speedster, too, and it fits his brash characterization, which I wouldn't want to change.

I definitely want to see Teddy meeting Phyla, and perhaps, someday, if he ever pulls himself together from across the multiverse, Genis. It's super-annoying that he's got siblings out there he hasn't met yet.