Page 97 of 141 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2114

Hard for me to picture Eli with hair to be honest. Although I guess he did in Falcon and The Winter Soldier .

If Cassie goes back to being Stature, I'd be fine with a new costume so long as it was in her old colors.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I JUST remembered that Cassie actually got a redesign recently on that Ant-Man mini, but man, that look was forgettable. They made her look like Ant-Man Jr.. As far as Stinger goes, the classic look they got from the MC2 Universe for The Astonishing Ant-Man was much better. I would probably use some version of that for a new YA book, probably changing the color to pink, since purple is already Kate's thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's someone else who could take Franklin's Omega Mutant spot... Gwen Poole. She can enter the white space outside of a comic's panels and manipulate things. She breaks the fourth wall. She may even have made herself a mutant just by wanting it.
    You're not technically wrong, but let's be frank here... Gwenpool is not a serious enough character to be added to a list like that. Her reality warping works more on a meta level inside her own stories than within the kind of lore Hickman is trying to create for mutants. The whole fourth-wall-breaking, walking between panels, controlling speech/thought bubbles, etc. thing doesn't work on every book, and I don't see Hickman having to rely on this particular narrative element every time he has to use the character just to showcase her powers, AND make it make sense inside of the more serious stories he's trying to tell. I love Gwenpool, but she just doesn't belong on that kind of stuff.

And if anything, the fact that she turned herself into a mutant could actually get her in trouble, if what happened to Franklin is anything to go by. She could get expelled from Krakoa at any time if someone found out the truth about her ''mutation''.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Every time I think about this subject, I'm always reminded about a post I read that had, I think it was an art book, but the subject was how artist are often so utterly ignorantly when it comes to drawing hair found on most Black people.

Alas, considering the Eurocentrism of everything, the explanation for why that is is clear. Same reason why cameras and photography weren't developed to be able to properly capture darker skin tones since the technology's inception.

This is also juxtaposed together with the societal lack of inspiration when it comes to hairstyles for boys and men in general. Fictional Black boys and men, then, have to deal with the double whammy intersection of that. So you get this really out-of-place bald Black teenaged kid like Eli.

I agree that Eli needs a top-to-bottom redesign, Rayshaun's Patriot guise is rocking it, so I don't see why they couldn't redesign the OG Eli do likewise. (Just no appropriating from Rayshaun's cool look, please. Not a fan when they have processors functionally leech off their legacies.)
    That is a damn good point. They should rectify all those years of bald Eli by hiring a black artist to give him a kickass new design, hairstyle included. I vote for Jamal Campbell.

I might be in the minority but I truly hate the current Wiccan/Billy outfit. It seems way too... similar. Big red cloak, grey body suit with no breaks or stops. Even just give him some fingerless gloves to allow for something other than grey/blue/grey-blue. It needs to be broken up a bit. I wish they’d bring back his old look but update it. I hate how perfect his current outfit looks and preferred the length and worn look of his old cape. I prefer most of the heroes looks from the first volume of YA compared to the Gillen/McKelvie looks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is a damn good point. They should rectify all those years of bald Eli by hiring a black artist to give him a kickass new design, hairstyle included. I vote for Jamal Campbell.
    Excellent choice! I'm pretty high off of Nikolas Draper-Ivey, so I'd love to see what he could do.

Literally my only complaint about Billy's current look is it has no headpiece it would be so completed with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I JUST remembered that Cassie actually got a redesign recently on that Ant-Man mini, but man, that look was forgettable. They made her look like Ant-Man Jr.. As far as Stinger goes, the classic look they got from the MC2 Universe for The Astonishing Ant-Man was much better. I would probably use some version of that for a new YA book, probably changing the color to pink, since purple is already Kate's thing.
    Unless they make her Stinger in the movies I think she's inevitably going to just default back to Stature, so red and black.

They really should have her be Stinger, because she can't fly as Stature, and Scott often flies using a flying ant - she doesn't have either wings or a helmet (and thus can't control insects) as Stature, so she can't use either Ant-Man's or Wasp's method of flying unless she wears the Stinger suit. The suit in the movie would probably be based on Hope's, the comics should honestly stick to the MC2 look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They really should have her be Stinger, because she can't fly as Stature, and Scott often flies using a flying ant. The suit in the movie would probably be based on Hope's, the comics should honestly stick to the MC2 look.
    Yeah, but then she's Wasp 3.

But doesn't going giant overlap Giant-Man and Ms. Marvel? Kamala's honestly just as much as an obstacle as Nadia is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

But doesn't going giant overlap Giant-Man and Ms. Marvel? Kamala's honestly just as much as an obstacle as Nadia is.
    There's a thousand super-strong & flying heroes. Why don't they overlap?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Literally my only complaint about Billy's current look is it has no headpiece it would be so completed with one.
    I do miss those metal bands on his wrists and head that had inscriptions of some sort. I had fanwanked that he was still a bit new at this spellcasting stuff back in the day and some metal bands inscribed with 'Enochian script' helped anchor a kind of Shield of the Seraphim-type protective spell that made him slightly less likely to get shot the first time he floated into a super-fight. (Since he's not Dr. Strange, yet, and couldn't just cast them willy-nilly. Same with using sticks to channel lightning bolts as Asgardian, or maybe using that wind-tattered red cloak to help keep 'Winds of the Watoomb' anchored so that he could fly around.)

But that was back when he seemed to have spellcasting, in the original YA run, and wasn't just a reality manipulator.

Kamala's pretty different with the stretchy stuff and selective size-changing (making a giant hand to grab someone, but otherwise remaining normal size), which is going to be hard enough to make look not-terrible in live-action.

If Kamala was evocative of anyone (stretchy *and* size-changing), it would be Doom Patrol's Elasti-Girl, but she's so different in their TV show that there's no chance of them being confused at all.

Scott can only occasionally bring out Giant-Man. I mean, if you mean Raz, he's a male giant guy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Billy should get headpiece, but it should NOT be the ''Naruto headband'' he used to have. That was cute when he was a teenager, but now that he's a grown man and a royal freaking wizard, he should get something that seems more... refined. Our beloved Luciano Vecchio actually did some fanart recently in which he gave Billy a WandaVision-inspired headdress, and it looks REALLY good on him. He should get something like that in the comics.

They really should have her be Stinger, because she can't fly as Stature, and Scott often flies using a flying ant - she doesn't have either wings or a helmet (and thus can't control insects) as Stature, so she can't use either Ant-Man's or Wasp's method of flying unless she wears the Stinger suit. The suit in the movie would probably be based on Hope's, the comics should honestly stick to the MC2 look.
    Considering Hope's Wasp suit was such a major disappointment to me, that would actually be my worst nightmare for Cassie, LOL. I want her to wear something that makes her stand out, more flamboyant and colorful. I mean, no teen girl would want to dress like her father and stepmother, right? They would probably make it look similar, I know, but I'm hoping it will also be different enough for her to stand on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but then she's Wasp 3.
    Not really if someone remembers that Stinger's Power Broker tech actually allows her much more diversity in insect communication than any other Pym Particle hero has had so far. I'm still waiting for someone to explore that. Cassie could have her own niche of insects and bugs she can communicate with that no one else does.

Ultimate Member

Doesn't Wasp have more powers than ant-man anyway?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Doesn't Wasp have more powers than ant-man anyway?
    As just Ant-Man, Hank had shrinking and ant control, while Wasp had shrinking, flight, wrist-dart-needle-thingies (later turned to an electric blast from her wrist-blasters, and then a force blast super-power that she just had for some reason I don't remember) and, rarely ever used, also ant control. Hank later added electric-blasts to his helmet, but Scott Lang was wearing it by then, as he'd gone off to explore Giant-Man and Yellowjacket identities.

As Stature, Cassie has demonstrated growth and shrinking, and as Stinger, flight, shrinking and electric zaps. (Not yet, as far as I've seen, ant control, although Drops of Venus apparently knows more than I do about this...). And while the growth and shrinking are actual powers from some sort of internalized Pym particles, the flight and zaps are properties of the suit she wears as Stinger, and, not yet at least, actual super-powers like Janet's, as far as I know.)