Page 29 of 298 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    coolest costume design of the modern era. I still long for it to be Hal's "Super Sayian" form separated from all the death and yellow bugs.
    i would like that too, for hal to have a super saiyan/ultra instinct form in times of great distress.

i'm not sure how that will work though so that writers don't use it as a crutch and become a deus ex machina everytime they paint their stories in a corner.

It would be neat, but I think when they usually try to make the Lanterns somehow feel more "special", it tends to backfire with the audience. Hal Jordan should just be Hal Jordan. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Johnny; 01-19-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i would like that too, for hal to have a super saiyan/ultra instinct form in times of great distress.

i'm not sure how that will work though so that writers don't use it as a crutch and become a deus ex machina everytime they paint their stories in a corner.
    Nah only as often as Thor uses that armor and weight lifting (strength amplifying) belt once in a blue moon when Celestrial level threats come by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It would be neat, but I think when they usually try to make Lanterns somehow feel more "special", it tends to backfire with the audience. Hal Jordan should just be Hal Jordan. Nothing more, nothing less.
    No not like an Ion type constant power up, a well trained Lantern can go toe to toe with a well trained Kyptonian, gotta love Vendetti for having Hal trounce Zod, but if Hal has to go up against Darkseid or the Antimonitor then he will need to ultra instinct.

Astonishing Member

I do get the point though once Goku went Super Sayian he always goes Super Sayian, and now he will always go ultra instinct because the next threat is always greater than the previous, so while no one goes down via Spirit Bomb anymore he always tries. Sort of like Ric Flair with the Figure Four, it used to win all the time then it became just a set up move. Like the DDT once the most feared move in wrestling to now everyone has one. I can remember when people won matches with clotheslines and sleepers, they don't any more. I wonder if people actually won with abdominal stretches, they never did when I was a child but I think back before my time they did. Sorry for bringing wrestling into a comic thread.

It's fine, wrestling's cool and the analogy makes sense. Charlotte seems to have won way more matches with her Figure Eight than her dad did with the Figure Four btw.

Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's fine, wrestling's cool and the analogy makes sense. Charlotte seems to have won way more matches with her Figure Eight than her dad with the Figure Four btw.

ah my favorite franchise in DC comics paying homage to my favorite faction in pro wrestling.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It's fine, wrestling's cool and the analogy makes sense. Charlotte seems to have won way more matches with her Figure Eight than her dad with the Figure Four btw.

Love me some Barry Kitson, but this would be much more awesome than it already is if their hands were closed.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Love me some Barry Kitson, but this would be much more awesome than it already is if their hands were closed.
    the open hands are an homage to the wrestling faction the four horsemen that is how they hold em.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    the open hands are an homage to the wrestling faction the four horsemen that is how they hold em.
    Oooh! Oops.

Guess I should try reading words and not just looking at pictures...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

no probs in the least I love your avatar, I really loved that run of GL(my 2nd favorite all time {from the beginning til the end of the third law arc}) too bad the writers "personal issues" will mean that run really never gets the respect/reverence it deserves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

this is embarrassing. sinestro has always been taller than hal. i just didn't notice. and i call myself a fan.
    It used to be that the height difference was mostly because of Sinestro's forehead.

xm studios are making beautiful statues. they made hal first.

and now they made sinestro.

this would be an epic face off.

By Tom Raney and Mark McKone.