Page 33 of 298 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Quintessential Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's an awesome scene! Hal wouldn't be Hal if he WASN'T wearing the bomber jacket! Meanwhile, I wonder if Arthur's barefoot?
    And standing on a large bowl filled with water?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    My takeaway here is Diana’s entire wardrobe seems to be composed of just two to three colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's a great moment. I gotta reread Venditti's Rebirth run. Maybe I have been too harsh on him
    I wasn't that harsh on Venditti but I certainly didn't appreciate him enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wasn't that harsh on Venditti but I certainly didn't appreciate him enough.
    Well his initial GL run was meh, however I really enjoyed Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. It might be my favorite Hal stories after the Sinestro Corps War.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Well his initial GL run was meh, however I really enjoyed Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. It might be my favorite Hal stories after the Sinestro Corps War.
    I mean his main issue was probably the whole following up Geoff Johns run/era with that villain about Green Lantern energy being a finite resource. Coming back with here is a supercharged Hal Jordan vs A powered up Sinestro with the return of the missing green lanterns really helped set up his run and then he did a good job from there.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean his main issue was probably the whole following up Geoff Johns run/era with that villain about Green Lantern energy being a finite resource. Coming back with here is a supercharged Hal Jordan vs A powered up Sinestro with the return of the missing green lanterns really helped set up his run and then he did a good job from there.
    yes the Relic stuff seemed like such a waste of time and had no energy to it. It is interesting to ponder what if Vendetti's Green Lantern run started with the Green Lantern and the Green Lantern corps arcs? I think he would be thought of more highly. First impressions can be lasting, especially when following a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    And standing on a large bowl filled with water?
    same as davy jones in pirates of the caribbean...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Venditti's handling of "Hal as terrible leader of the GLC" storyline actually made me drop the title. Godhead brought me back because the idea of the GLC v the New Gods was intriguing. (even though the story itself ended up being lackluster)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Venditti's handling of "Hal as terrible leader of the GLC" storyline actually made me drop the title. Godhead brought me back because the idea of the GLC v the New Gods was intriguing. (even though the story itself ended up being lackluster)
    Same here, although I bowed out at Renegade.

Astonishing Member

Well I loved the Zod arc it made HL&tGLC for me though seriously that book and the Detective team book were my favorite 2 rebirth titles.

didn't enjoy the premise of "lights out", but i did pickup "godhead". i liked hal going against zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here, although I bowed out at Renegade.
    I actually enjoyed Renegade when it was coming out, it was stupid, but in a sort of fun way. Still, not the best GL rub out there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Personally, I blame that on John's reimagining of the Corps as glorified cops. My personal iconic Hal Jordan... SHOULD be a terrible leader in that setting. He's a man of action, not paperwork. It's one thing that always made me love Green Lantern was the self-sufficiency. In the 90's when he's recruiting and a figurehead for the corps its one thing because.. yeah, he's the best at the job and can teach them to be the better at the job... but Green Lanterns back then were solo acts. One per sector with the most powerful weapon in the universe that protects you from mortal injury. And that's why Hal wouldn't be a great leader. Same reason Superman shouldn't be a good leader. He doesn't need a team. Whether it's an alien armada or an asteroid about to destroy the planet... He charges up and takes care of it. He doesn't micromanage a strategy for a half dozen teammates to work like a well oiled machine... He just deals with the problem.

Great hero... Mediocre 'leader'.

There were other things that caused me to drop the book before that... Too much rainbow corp, Too much 'cop' not enough 'superhero'. Rings were nerfed beyond belief... so I ended up bailing around Blackest night... but 'Hal a terrible leader' wouldn't have been a problem with me. As long as it was handled well.