Page 111 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2096
  1. #1651
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Well then, I would like a second JLA team with Hal in it. Put Barry, Oliver, Dinah, Ray in and I would be contented.

  2. #1652
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,107

    Default


  3. #1653
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,107

    Default


  4. #1654
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hal's rogues gallery. With Saint Walker and Indigo 1.

  5. #1655
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,107

    Default


  6. #1656
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I liked those storylines, but that's not the best advertising...plus, Emerald Twilight was bad, so...

  7. #1657
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Said it before but this always came off like a threat from a member of the Mob.

  8. #1658
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Well then, I would like a second JLA team with Hal in it. Put Barry, Oliver, Dinah, Ray in and I would be contented.
    I personally feel we need two team books running simultaneously for the following: JLA, Avengers, & X-Men.

  9. #1659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Those were some rough years. Crisis on Infinite Earths and Death in the Family signaled to DC that killing off big names meant big profits in the short term.

    Hopefully they learned that it caused fans to quit comics in the long term.

    They killed Ollie a year after but my Green Arrow 101 isn't worth a dime.....
    I crumpled it up in a fit of rage, through it across the room and stopped on it....I'm surprised I didn't stop there, I quit comics for a few years after that, I had, had enough.

  10. #1660
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Those were some rough years. Crisis on Infinite Earths and Death in the Family signaled to DC that killing off big names meant big profits in the short term.

    Hopefully they learned that it caused fans to quit comics in the long term.

    They killed Ollie a year after but my Green Arrow 101 isn't worth a dime.....
    I crumpled it up in a fit of rage, through it across the room and stopped on it....I'm surprised I didn't stop there, I quit comics for a few years after that, I had, had enough.
    I quit shortly afterwards, as well. If your hobby isn't really delivering what you want from it, then that's a good time to take a break. Unfortunately, a lot of people who quit comics never came back.

    That said, a lot of those people would have moved on anyways, or were only interested in comics because they thought their copy of Underwear Man #69 was going to be worth a bajillion dollars someday. But, both DC and Marvel have sure done a great job of driving away a lot of long-time customers with their various stunts over the years.

  11. #1661
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,395

    Default

    By Gene Ha.


  12. #1662
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Well then, I would like a second JLA team with Hal in it. Put Barry, Oliver, Dinah, Ray in and I would be contented.
    i sure wish cry for justice was handled differently...

  13. #1663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I quit shortly afterwards, as well. If your hobby isn't really delivering what you want from it, then that's a good time to take a break. Unfortunately, a lot of people who quit comics never came back.

    That said, a lot of those people would have moved on anyways, or were only interested in comics because they thought their copy of Underwear Man #69 was going to be worth a bajillion dollars someday. But, both DC and Marvel have sure done a great job of driving away a lot of long-time customers with their various stunts over the years.
    Hopefully the quick turn around of Wally West and Roy Harper is a sign that DC has figured out that killing off or hurting people's favourite characters isn't the best way of keeping your customers in the long run.

    And although I believe that comics should be aimed at 12 to 21 age range, hopefully they've also figured out that comics are intergenerational and that a large base of comic fans never truly leaves.

    I've never collected comics for the money, after the 70's they aren't worth much overall. As soon as everyone started bagging and boarding their comics...the gig was up.

  14. #1664
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i sure wish cry for justice was handled differently...
    The lineup at least was interesting.

  15. #1665
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i sure wish cry for justice was handled differently...
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The lineup at least was interesting.
    Didn't James Robinson write that? I'm not fully familiar with his work, but I've heard he's had hits and misses at both DC and Marvel.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •