Page 138 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2418
  1. #2056
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,426

    Default

    Given the presence of certain dead characters and the apparent death of others, is this meant to be some alternate future again. Just don't do any "Hal is going rogue" gimmicks again. It's exhausting.

  2. #2057
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    The guy on this DVD spine is totally Sinestro, right?


  3. #2058
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I must have gotten far too paranoid at this point but everyone being so friendly to him despite their mistrust between each other seems kind of suspicious. Besides, noone is surprised about his new look at all so, given what they said about the fate of that other founding JL member that originally split them apart, this clearly must take place in the not-so-distant future. I don't know, anytime they give Hal a "costume change" feels like bad news to me and him basically being the reason they're forced to team up again only raises more questions. Don't get me wrong, I hope he has a good role that doesn't end up having some unpleasant "twist" of sorts.

    Hey look. Nice of Alan to lend his armor to Hal.

  4. #2059
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The guy on this DVD spine is totally Sinestro, right?

    Yeah but the hand with the GL ring clearly doesn't appear to be Hal's. Hardly surprising but still disappointing.

  5. #2060
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah but the hand with the GL ring clearly doesn't appear to be Hal's. Not surprising but disappointing.
    Isn't it Sinestro's hand though? So this might be before he went evil.

    I wonder if they're going to do a riff of Secret Origin?

  6. #2061
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't it Sinestro's hand though? So this might be before he went evil.

    I wonder if they're going to do a riff of Secret Origin?
    Well Sinestro's hand is below next to Constantine, while above next to Aquaman is John's hand, since it seems to have both darker complexion and his green bracelet thing.

  7. #2062
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well Sinestro's hand is below next to Constantine, while above next to Aquaman is John's hand, since it seems to have both darker complexion and his green bracelet thing.
    I didn't even notice there was a hand above Sinestro's, but I can't really make out much of it.

  8. #2063
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I must have gotten far too paranoid at this point but everyone being so friendly to him despite their mistrust between each other seems kind of suspicious. Besides, noone is surprised about his new look at all so, given what they said about the fate of that other founding JL member that originally split them apart, this clearly must take place in the not-so-distant future. I don't know, anytime they give Hal a "costume change" feels like bad news to me and him basically being the reason they're forced to team up again only raises more questions. Don't get me wrong, I hope he has a good role that doesn't end up having some unpleasant "twist" of sorts.

    I mean except for the weird popped collar I think the costume works.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  9. #2064
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Seems more like an Alan suit than a Hal suit.

  10. #2065
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems more like an Alan suit than a Hal suit.
    Yeah it’s very much inspired by Kingdom Come armor, only thing it doesn’t have is the cape and sword.

    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  11. #2066
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,426

    Default


  12. #2067
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah but the hand with the GL ring clearly doesn't appear to be Hal's. Hardly surprising but still disappointing.
    i got excited at first, then got deflated.

  13. #2068
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems more like an Alan suit than a Hal suit.
    Hal was supposed to be in KC before they went with Alan, so full circle.

  14. #2069
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,467

    Default

    I think I probably would like it more if Sharp didn't deliver way cooler "Hal in armor" design in the last series.

  15. #2070
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah it’s very much inspired by Kingdom Come armor, only thing it doesn’t have is the cape and sword.

    That was what I thought too!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •