Page 183 of 298 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 4458
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder what must have been like to be a fan then. I'm a 90s kid but I didn't become a DC fan until around the mid-2000s. Actually going through Emerald Twilight at the time must have been a trip. lol
    It was not a fun time, but the experience gave me a lot of perspective that I'm glad I have today.

Emerald Twilight and its aftermath in Zero Hour were the first time I ever gave up comics. It wasn't until Kingdom Come and this message board (which was originally called the Kingdom Come Message Board) that I got pulled back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder what must have been like to be a fan then. I'm a 90s kid but I didn't become a DC fan until around the mid-2000s. Actually going through Emerald Twilight at the time must have been a trip. lol
    It was a rough time to be a GL fan. The entire mythology was wiped out and the story's plot holes, combined with the nonsensical turn of Hal, left many fans like myself feeling disenfranchised. It felt like a real slap in the face and I left comics altogether after giving the new run a chance for a year or so. I didn't return to comics until a friend gave me a couple of issues of Geoff Johns first JSA run and that pulled me back in.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Besides the armor, I felt awful about ET. But at the same time still felt that Hal wasn't being singled out. Superman died, and there were new people who carried the name of Batman and Wonder Woman. It sucked though that Hal became a villain. I guess it's not a good feeling whenever your heroes are treated like that.
    I was actually thinking then that it was all temporary. Even when the title reached past GL 50. I expected Clark and Bruce to get back, so I had the same expectations for Hal. I was like "Okay. This must all be a dream or something. What a mystery, how are they going to get Hal back?" I didn't expect for Zero Hour at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    It was a rough time to be a GL fan. The entire mythology was wiped out and the story's plot holes, combined with the nonsensical turn of Hal, left many fans like myself feeling disenfranchised. It felt like a real slap in the face and I left comics altogether after giving the new run a chance for a year or so. I didn't return to comics until a friend gave me a couple of issues of Geoff Johns first JSA run and that pulled me back in.
    i don't remember the timeline, but i think i left dc after zero hour. but i don't think i totally left. i remember buying final night and day of judgement just because of hal.

although for some reason i wasn't able to follow the spectre. geoff's emerald rebirth brought me back to collecting.

George Perez

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    George Perez

Good taste in Lanterns.

Astonishing Member

George Perez

two of my three favorite DC characters right there. shame Perez doesn't do commissions anymore I'd love to get him to do a Hal, Alan and Lightning Lad one. My favorite DC characters by my all time favorite artist, sigh.

George Perez

Classic .

Astonishing Member

George Perez

Where was this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Classic .
    That it is. I miss Perez's work. (I'd like to see another Hal/Alan team up again)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

George Perez

Excellent! Absolutely excellent!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    That it is. I miss Perez's work. (I'd like to see another Hal/Alan team up again)
    I would too. Ornjust about any title that regularly portryed Hal.

Astonishing Member

yeah though I treasured the Hal/Alan adventures there are far too few of them. I wouldn't mind even flashbacks of their past adventure tales.