Page 239 of 298 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    All those Hal figurines and the 1980's Superpowers toy still looks like one of the best!

I like the third one from the left, and thankfully...not a one has grey sideburns.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It was a good roster. Meltzer's JL run is somewhat underrated I think. You don't really hear about it that much.
    Meltzer's first arc ("The Tornado's Path") was terrific.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

A wild Hal appeared.

DCFandomeHal.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Miller was knee-deep in cocaine and painkiller addiction at the time. He hit rock bottom soon afterwards. Everything since then has been his attempt to rehabilitate his reputation within the comics industry.
    So, Frank had a kinda-sorta Karen Page moment?!

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    A wild Hal appeared.

DCFandomeHal.jpg
    Good that he's there. Bad that they just fly by him while the camera lands on the others (including John Stewart) to show a list of creators. He's actually the only character who doesn't get shown with names.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-04-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Sneaking him in like that seems to be on purpose for potentially teasing something with him. If I'm not wrong, this has to be the very first time they're actually promoting Hal for FanDome? That "blink and you'll miss him" cameo is likely their way of saying "We've got something for Hal too" while trying to be sneaky about it. Now why are they trying to be sneaky about it I have no idea.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-04-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Hal is probably coming back to the forefront regarding the comics since i don't think the current GL series is doing too well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    All those Hal figurines and the 1980's Superpowers toy still looks like one of the best!

I like the third one from the left, and thankfully...not a one has grey sideburns.
    I would be first in line to snag a Hal figure based on either Pat Broderick or MD Bright's design!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hal is probably coming back to the forefront regarding the comics since i don't think the current GL series is doing too well.
    According to Redjack, the sales are similar to what Morrison & Sharpe were pulling in, so I don't think sales are a problem. Morrison & Sharpe's The Green Lantern's main readership was in collected editions, of course, but the book sold pretty damn well in single issues, too. The sticking point seems to be whether editorial wants to continue with the current direction. With the HBO Max show gearing up with Alan, Guy, Simon, Jess, & Sinestro as the leads and the John/Hal movie still an unknown factor, the whole GL franchise is kind of in a transition at the moment.

Who knows what's going to happen?

I don't expect any Hal news really, maybe they'll announce third Earth One book, but I doubt there is anything more.

Yeah I do hope they get to finish the trilogy. Earth One did Hal justice.

Hal was in Mark Waid's story in the WW 80th anniversary one-shot

Seems like Waid is picking up on his portrayal of Hal from the "Brave & the Bold" mini he did with Barry. Cool to see him and Diana actually being friends. How did the rest of the story go?

edit: Oh, never mind, I found it:
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-05-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Good to see. I always thought these two should interact far more often than they get a chance to. Bothers me when founding JL members feel like total strangers sometimes.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Seems like Waid is picking up on his portrayal of Hal from the "Brave & the Bold" mini he did with Barry. Cool to see him and Diana actually being friends. How did the rest of the story go?

edit: Oh, never mind, I found it:
    This is great, I'd love to see Waid write Hal. He appreciates and gets the character.