Page 153 of 298 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4458
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Visually, that would be awesome!

I'd imagine that armor brings back a lot of painful memories for him, though. In-universe they'd have to come up with a very good reason for him pull that look out of the mothballs...
    I would hope it would be revealed that the armored look is merely the ultimate manifestation of Hal's powers but Sinestro used Parallax the bug to so stain it in Hal's mind that he would be loathe to ever achieve it again. I see it as Hal's final form in DB Z terms.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well Zod didn’t work out so well last time and god help Waller if she were to bring down the wrath of Khandaq and the Sinestro Corps.
    Good point. Who could Waller possibly recruit that could go up against someone like Parallax.

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/strange-jobs-sup...es-had-comics/

Not sure what's so strange about Hal's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually kind of surprised no one's done a Dark Multiverse book related to Emerald Twilight or Zero Hour, seems rife for a dark alternate history route to take.

Yes, that is the appeal and only SS book I'd read.

Like when Guy tried to box with Parallax.

that slap was absolutely brutal...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that slap was absolutely brutal...
    Hal was not effin around. Which was why Parallax had the potential to be the greatest DC villain ever but DC dropped the ball. I secretly want this version of Parallax as an alt universe/alt potential future antagonist for Green Lantern Hal Jordan. His version of Hulk's Maestro. It would be the ultimate obstacle for Hal to overcome, a sensational way to upgrade his rogues gallary, and a way to illustrate what makes Hal the hero, great by overcoming an impossible challenge. Having Hal included JLA battling Parallax would be epic. He's the type of villain that justifies getting the JLA heavy hitters together and could be a rival force against the likes of Darkseid or the Anti-monitor because they all have different goals.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Hal was not effin around. Which was why Parallax had the potential to be the greatest DC villain ever but DC dropped the ball. I secretly want this version of Parallax as an alt universe/alt potential future antagonist for Green Lantern Hal Jordan. His version of Hulk's Maestro. It would be the ultimate obstacle for Hal to overcome, a sensational way to upgrade his rogues gallary, and a way to illustrate what makes Hal the hero, great by overcoming an impossible challenge. Having Hal included JLA battling Parallax would be epic. He's the type of villain that justifies getting the JLA heavy hitters together and could be a rival force against the likes of Darkseid or the Anti-monitor because they all have different goals.
    Isn't there still Convergence Parallax around...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't there still Convergence Parallax around...?
    Yeah but I'm pretty sure at this point DC has 100% eliminated any and all callbacks to Convergence. Even Jon Kent being born was changed, so I doubt we will see that version of Parallax ever again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Visually, that would be awesome!

I'd imagine that armor brings back a lot of painful memories for him, though. In-universe they'd have to come up with a very good reason for him pull that look out of the mothballs...
    the armor does represent a painful point in hal's life. and for hal fans too. if it wasn't so beautifully designed i'd shun it forever.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/strange-jobs-sup...es-had-comics/

Not sure what's so strange about Hal's job.
    I clicked the link expecting it to mention Hal's brief time as a toy salesman... but no. They found the fact that he used to be a test pilot (in other words his *origin*) to be "strange".

Actually, nothing in this article is strange. Oh well, such is the state of comics "journalism" these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yes please! Someone needs to get Ron Marz & Darryl Banks to give us a Tales of the Dark Multiverse: Zero Hour special showing what would have happened if Hal/Parallax had successfully re-written the universe!
    Yeah, I've thought of all the Crisis events. It'd make the most interesting to see what if actually ended succeeding.

I've thought this too. Especially as Parallax was only interesting when contrasting with who Hal used to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    the armor does represent a painful point in hal's life. and for hal fans too. if it wasn't so beautifully designed i'd shun it forever.
    But imagine a situation so dire that it would require Hal to overcome that pain and suspicious looks. Now that would be dramatic. For our Hal it would have to be his Super Sayian in case of emergency look or the everyday look of his alt future or alt universe adversary.

Astonishing Member

I clicked the link expecting it to mention Hal's brief time as a toy salesman... but no. They found the fact that he used to be a test pilot (in other words his *origin*) to be "strange".

Actually, nothing in this article is strange. Oh well, such is the state of comics "journalism" these days...
    Yeah, none of the jobs listed I would really consider strange.

The toy salesman wasn't that strange even. Although it doesn't sound that promising as a career choice.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Good point. Who could Waller possibly recruit that could go up against someone like Parallax.
    maybe instead of the squad, justice league dark would have better chances.

But imagine a situation so dire that it would require Hal to overcome that pain and suspicious looks. Now that would be dramatic. For our Hal it would have to be his Super Sayian in case of emergency look or the everyday look of his alt future or alt universe adversary.
    the armor as hal's ultimate form does sound enticing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually kind of surprised no one's done a Dark Multiverse book related to Emerald Twilight or Zero Hour, seems rife for a dark alternate history route to take.

Yes, that is the appeal and only SS book I'd read.

Like when Guy tried to box with Parallax.

This was an amazing fight. I remember Captain Atom and Wonder Woman was part of the team and they got knocked around silly by Parallax.