Page 152 of 187 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2802
  1. #2266
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    This is a different Shark right?
    Yep, there's a difference between 'The Shark' who had weird telepathic abilities and 'King Shark' who was created in the 90's and is pretty popular nowdays.

  2. #2267
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right? It's been so long since I read it that I only have a broad recollection of it other than Clark being some sort of psychopath who dips his pretzels in mustard.

    No offense to any here who enjoy their pretzels with mustard. It's not your fault, but get help.
    was it an alternate earth type of story?

  3. #2268
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’d read “Parallax Kills the Suicide Squad”...
    Yeah given Parallax’s previous power levels the Squad gets party wiped pretty easily.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  4. #2269
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,326

    Default


  5. #2270
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    was it an alternate earth type of story?
    I suspect he's letting his obvious distaste for pretzels with mustard cloud his memory.

    But no, it wasn't alternate earth story. It was the first "One Year Later" arc following Infinite Crisis. Good stuff, you should check it out!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  6. #2271
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Always loved Hal as Parallax and his powers , but prefer Hal as a Hero than a Villain .

  7. #2272
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Always loved Hal as Parallax and his powers , but prefer Hal as a Hero than a Villain .
    My dream is Hal as a hero in the Parallax armor.

  8. #2273
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    My dream is Hal as a hero in the Parallax armor.
    Visually, that would be awesome!

    I'd imagine that armor brings back a lot of painful memories for him, though. In-universe they'd have to come up with a very good reason for him pull that look out of the mothballs...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  9. #2274
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    was it an alternate earth type of story?
    No, it's post-Infinite Crisis and tells the story of when Clark's powers returned. Sad to say, Clark puts mustard on his pretzels like an absolute sicko.

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I suspect he's letting his obvious distaste for pretzels with mustard cloud his memory.

    But no, it wasn't alternate earth story. It was the first "One Year Later" arc following Infinite Crisis. Good stuff, you should check it out!
    What gave me away?

  10. #2275
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah given Parallax’s previous power levels the Squad gets party wiped pretty easily.
    SS would need heavy hitters for Parallax. Heavy hitters like Zod, Black Adam, Sinestro.

  11. #2276
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    SS would need heavy hitters for Parallax. Heavy hitters like Zod, Black Adam, Sinestro.
    Well Zod didn’t work out so well last time and god help Waller if she were to bring down the wrath of Khandaq and the Sinestro Corps.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  12. #2277
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    My dream is Hal as a hero in the Parallax armor.
    Personally I feel that if Hal is putting that back on he’s joining a team like the Justice Incarnate with Barry and he becomes a Multiverse lantern.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  13. #2278
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Taking a guess, but Superman Up, Up and Away?



    I'm still holding out for a black label Dennis the Menace v Harley Quinn where he gets revenge for her blowing up those kids, but I guess a Dark Multiverse book about Parallax taking on Waller's Expendables.
    Actually kind of surprised no one's done a Dark Multiverse book related to Emerald Twilight or Zero Hour, seems rife for a dark alternate history route to take.

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah given Parallax’s previous power levels the Squad gets party wiped pretty easily.
    Yes, that is the appeal and only SS book I'd read.

    Like when Guy tried to box with Parallax.




  14. #2279
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually kind of surprised no one's done a Dark Multiverse book related to Emerald Twilight or Zero Hour, seems rife for a dark alternate history route to take.
    Yes please! Someone needs to get Ron Marz & Darryl Banks to give us a Tales of the Dark Multiverse: Zero Hour special showing what would have happened if Hal/Parallax had successfully re-written the universe!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  15. #2280
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yes please! Someone needs to get Ron Marz & Darryl Banks to give us a Tales of the Dark Multiverse: Zero Hour special showing what would have happened if Hal/Parallax had successfully re-written the universe!
    Actually didn't he? Hal rewrote it, it just didn't turn out how he wanted. But yes give me some Darryl Banks drawn Parallax in fact make that a 3 issue miniseries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •