Page 233 of 298 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4458
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Wish the mask didn't have those poiny things on top.

A jetpack and a boxing glove is an interesting combination.

Astonishing Member

How is JL Last Ride by the way? Is it done already. Was Hal (and the rest of the League) treated right?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    How is JL Last Ride by the way? Is it done already. Was Hal (and the rest of the League) treated right?
    Hal's been treated well so far, though he of course takes backseat to the Trinity. He had a nice solo fight v Darkseid that was short but epic and Hal wasn't just tossed aside. The story has been slow though. The crux of the series is the discord between Superman and Batman, which I didn't buy from a character standpoint, but it's okay.

He's been fine but for all the hype Zdarsky has from his Marvel work, I've found it rather underwhelming honestly.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-l...8K_RDq3szTaBIA

jl last ride sounds decent enough...

While it was a cool Hal moment, I think the writer may have jumped the gun proclaiming Darkseid's death. I'm sure it made for a good click-baity headline, but giant explosions are rarely the cause of an arch-villain's death. (especially a godly one)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yep, I'd rather wait for a writer who gets Hal and is enthusiastic about using him than have mediocre to awful Hal appearances.
    I'm of the same mind. I'd rather wait until there's a great creative team out there with something to say about Hal Jordan, than simply have him appear regularly because DC knows that the character is a reliable source of income.

nice article. the only thing i disagree with is the statement
    Green Lantern isn't a hero who necessarily comes to mind as a true DC powerhouse, mostly because the Corps depends so much on teamwork and numbers to face the ultimate threats of the galaxy.

Astonishing Member

that singular statement almost invalidates the entire article, because I maintain a well trained prepared GL can take out a seasoned Kryptonian. Thank you very much Vendetti for proving this when Hal took down Zod, though the same Vendetti jobbed the GL's out to the New Gods. I truly feel if Hal had been around for Doomsday he would have done a whole lot more damage than Guy did. Possibly at least throwing him off planet. For me the powerhouses of the JLA were Clark, Hal and Martian Manhunter, they have upped Diana's power level recently so she might now be near that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    nice article. the only thing i disagree with is the statement
    I'd give the writer some slack. For the past 15 years, the GLC has been portrayed less like a bunch of knights errant, patrolling their sectors with the ultimate tool/weapon, and more like some sort of cosmic space army that needs to overwhelm enemies with superior numbers to win the day.

"Sure, I've got a nigh-unstoppable weapon on my finger/tentacle/vaporous extrusion, but I really can't seal the deal against this conqueror-of-the-week unless I've got 20-to-100 similarly-armed compatriots by my side. Yes, it doesn't make a lick of sense, but it'll look cool in the splash page!"

Unless you're over 30, you'd think that's always the way the GLC has operated.

My axe, allow me to grind it for you.

Hal in Injustice trailer - looks good. Nice that he gets a moment - might mean he sticks around.
    Screenshot 2021-09-22 125527.jpg