Page 243 of 298 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if Johns would ever wish to write GL again. Seems like he did everything he could possibly do with the character, but I wonder if DC ever approached him again, would he be willing to at least do a limited series.
    i wonder if geoff has more stories up his sleeve.

if he does, i'd like it to focus on hal and less on sinestro...

He has some speaking lines, when they first show him stopping an asteroid in space, when he protects some of the other Leaguers from the blast after Metropolis is destroyed, when he tries to reason with Superman before he kills The Joker and then during a JL meeting where he says the Guardians are calling him, John and Guy back to Oa. Basically it's an extended cameo, he's not a silent background player but he's also not a main character by any means. He does get more screen time than Flash though, but the less we talk about that the better. I'm no fan of piracy but I usually want to know if it's worth spending my money on a DC animated movie.

For the time Hal had here, he wasn't bad. Nerfing him by taking his ring off yet again aside, I like that he wasn't annoying and tried to be a voice of reason to Superman, but I don't really think it's worth buying it just for him.
    Compared to the actual Injustice story, I'd say they used him well here and at least didn't depict him badly, which is appreciated.

Hal and his bomber jacket cameo'd in WW #780 today.

Wonder why of all the characters, he's the one out of costume. Perhaps trying to preserve energy before his ring totally goes out of juice, that is if editorial is actually paying attention to the events in the GL title.

And isn't Cyborg supposed to be back with the Titans or is he a Leaguer again now. smh Poor guy, they never had a clue what to do with him when he was in the League full-time and now it seems to be even worse, despite that they restored his Titan history. And I'm usually whining about Hal being ignored or mistreated, when poor Vic has it so much worse.

On a side note, black shirt underneath the jacket does suit him well.

Last edited by Johnny; 10-12-2021 at 01:01 PM.

That's probably my favorite Kirkham Ha image ^^

Not sure on why he's out of uniform, but for why Cyborg's there I think probably because it's at the Hall of Justice.

I feel like J'onn or Arthur should've been there instead of Cyborg (sorry for anyone who was a big fan of Vic as a founder).

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

JL: The Last Ride #6

RCO017_1634044233.jpg

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Wonder why of all the characters, he's the one out of costume. Perhaps trying to preserve energy before his ring totally goes out of juice, that is if editorial is actually paying attention to the events in the GL title.

And isn't Cyborg supposed to be back with the Titans or is he a Leaguer again now. smh Poor guy, they never had a clue what to do with him when he was in the League full-time and now it seems to be even worse, despite that they restored his Titan history. And I'm usually whining about Hal being ignored or mistreated, when poor Vic has it so much worse.
    Cyborg's history with the Titans has been restored, but that doesn't mean his time with the League has been erased. He's been a member of both teams, so him coming to the Hall of Justice to welcome back Diana makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post

RCO017_1634044233.jpg
    Bonus point for not simply having Hal get killed by Darkseid, but using this as an opportunity to show how badass Hal Jordan without a ring can be.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I wonder if he'll get a chance to face Darkseid again and wrestle back the central battery power in the final issue.

I wonder if he'll get a chance to face Darkseid again and wrestle back the central battery power in the final issue.
    It sure seems like that's what they're setting up. Hal's comment about willpower wasn't a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hal and his bomber jacket cameo'd in WW #780 today.

i wonder why he's not in costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Compared to the actual Injustice story, I'd say they used him well here and at least didn't depict him badly, which is appreciated.
    i've just seen a couple of reviews of injustice... glad that hal at least a few speaking lines compared to apokolips war. but man, i feel bad for barry...

Astonishing Member

By GODOT_23 on Twitter.

The original tweet says it's an "official countdown poster for Fandome". Who knows how "official" it is but at least it looks good.
    Hoping for some good news with Hal.

RCO017_1634044233.jpg
    well, i'm glad hal wasn't treated poorly (i think). hope issue #7 turns out nicely/