Page 76 of 298 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't even joke about that. I'm pretty sure those white boards are gonna end up like the tablets the commandments were originally written on.

Here’s the link to the plot outline.
    so flash was able to reset time? and hal got his arm back?

Jim Lee always draws a good Hal, but that's unfortunately the only good thing I saw in those storyboards. GL seems like it would've been more of a fan service than anything else and if it would've really been Hal, then it must have been only because Geoff Johns insisted on it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like for once the GL fanbase would be united in not wanting their favorites to appear in this.

Or else they'd just instead fight about who gets the dubious honor of being in it so their favorite could be spared lol.

I'm probably missing something, but I see only that Hal saves Barry and thats how their friendship starts? Was there something more? If not I don't really see what is the issue here. Sure, just a short appearance, but that beats no appearance or **** like GL movie.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm probably missing something, but I see only that Hal saves Barry and thats how their friendship starts? Was there something more? If not I don't really see what is the issue here. Sure, just a short appearance, but that beats no appearance or **** like GL movie.
    He gets his arm blown off by Superman's heat vision in a later fight.

Sometimes no appearance is better than appearing in something that is overall a shitshow. Even if nothing for him in particular seems bad, at least on paper

Extraordinary Member

So, with the recent revelations about Alan, anyone else eager to read Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 #3 with a fresh set of eyes?

Personally, I'd love to see Hal going Earthbound, and hanging with Alan for a spell.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-05-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He gets his arm blown off by Superman's heat vision in a later fight.

Sometimes no appearance is better than appearing in something that is overall a shitshow. Even if nothing for him in particular seems bad, at least on paper
    Ah, so later Flash travels back in time and Hal gets his arm back.

As for appearing in a shitshow, I think we can agree that theatrical BvS release was bad, like real bad. Yet it didn't hurt Wonder Woman at all. Batfleck also did get some praise.

Ah, so later Flash travels back in time and Hal gets his arm back.

As for appearing in a shitshow, I think we can agree that theatrical BvS release was bad, like real bad. Yet it didn't hurt Wonder Woman at all. Batfleck also did get some praise.
    Wonder Woman got by because she stood out as one of the few good things about it and had been anticipated in film for a long time anyway. She was also lucky Her solo film was greenlit and it was actually good. That did more for her than BvS.

I don't see anything here that would be worth getting excited about a Hal appearance. At best he would be an ok part in a bad movie. I'm which case if he missed out, no big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wonder Woman got by because she stood out as one of the few good things about it
    Yes, thats the point. If Hal was done right in his 5 minutes of screen time then it would have been a net positive for the character.

the bruce and lois part though sound really jarring...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    that is absolutely stunning...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Another one of Sharps' to add to the "needs to be a poster" pile.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    the bruce and lois part though sound really jarring...
    You want a good laugh, go to the thread in the Superman subforum about it.

Yes, thats the point. If Hal was done right in his 5 minutes of screen time then it would have been a net positive for the character.
    It also wouldn't make any difference if he wasn't in it, because 5 minutes isn't anything to get excited about. Especially if it is surrounded by crap and not guaranteed to lead to anything else anyway. And he's not on the same level of iconic and anticipated as Wonder Woman was in the lead up to BvS to give it extra weight and catharsis when she finally appears, even if her usage wasn't perfect.

Even she got some criticisms for being superfluous to the already bloated movie she appeared in and got lucky her solo was good to make up for it. I don't see how Hal not appearing is worse than the risk factors of depending on Zack Snyder to utilize Hal. Especially as he already has one mark against him as far as movies go.

Meanwhile in the other universe.