Page 247 of 298 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Bendis loves Hal. He uses him every time he gets the chance to use a Green Lantern. I'm not at all surprised he's on his Justice League.
    He's written a pretty good Hal in the stuff I've read. If he wrote a Hal centered story I'd be interested in it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, it appears likely that Wally & Hal will be joining the now Superman-less Justice League. It's certainly still speculation at this point, but Bendis outright said that Wally would be the League's resident Flash and Hal was a character Bendis has showed a lot of affection for in his Superman and Batman comics. And I don't think it's a coincidence that Hal was the only GL tasked with protecting the Earth.

And the fact that Ollie and Dinah are already on the League is just gravy on top.
    Bendis should have a blast writing those four.

Astonishing Member

In a way this makes sense if everything is happening at the same time, right now there are only 2 active Green Lanterns, Hal and Jo so if the Justice League is going to have one, it has to be one of those two.

Yes, it appears likely that Wally & Hal will be joining the now Superman-less Justice League. It's certainly still speculation at this point, but Bendis outright said that Wally would be the League's resident Flash and Hal was a character Bendis has showed a lot of affection for in his Superman and Batman comics. And I don't think it's a coincidence that Hal was the only GL tasked with protecting the Earth.

And the fact that Ollie and Dinah are already on the League is just gravy on top.
    Man, this made me wish I was more into Bendis on JL than I am .

Astonishing Member

Amen Frontier, A JLA/LSH crossover mini, Hal on the JLA things I always am down for however it's Bendis...I don't recognize his Legion, can't really pass any judgement on his JLA since I haven't read a page of it but it appeared to be just a vehicle to hype (put over) his Naomi character. However Hal back in the JLA will get warrant a look.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, this made me wish I was more into Bendis on JL than I am .
    Same. Bendis has been phoning it in for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I really dug Hal's arc in Justice, even if a lot of that story felt like Alex Ross yelling from his porch about all the creative choices made by DC since 1976.

Astonishing Member

I really dug Hal's arc in Justice, even if a lot of that story felt like Alex Ross yelling from his porch about all the creative choices made by DC since 1976.
    Funny, I did'nt get that vibe from Justice. I felt it was just one those classic timeless stories.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Funny, I did'nt get that vibe from Justice. I felt it was just one those classic timeless stories.
    A lot of the plot choices seemed too specifically aimed at criticizing specific stuff Ross doesn't like for my tastes. I think it holds up as a pretty gripping all-hands-on-deck JLA story, but it's difficult for me to separate the art from the artist at times, simply because I'm aware of Ross's very pointed opinions about stuff.

That said, Kingdom Come is essentially the same thing, with Ross taking aim at the worst excesses of the Image anti-heroes of the 90s, but I think it's done a little more elegantly there, mostly because Waid is a much better writer than Krueger is.

Pretty epic .

Astonishing Member

A lot of the plot choices seemed too specifically aimed at criticizing specific stuff Ross doesn't like for my tastes. I think it holds up as a pretty gripping all-hands-on-deck JLA story, but it's difficult for me to separate the art from the artist at times, simply because I'm aware of Ross's very pointed opinions about stuff.

That said, Kingdom Come is essentially the same thing, with Ross taking aim at the worst excesses of the Image anti-heroes of the 90s, but I think it's done a little more elegantly there, mostly because Waid is a much better writer than Krueger is.
    That's interesting.

For what's its worth, I really enjoyed Justice. The TPB that I own is usually my go to whenever I want to showcase DC to my friends.

lol, I'm dimly aware of Ross' opinions beyond some stuff that makes it way into BTS stuff included in trades but I'm aware he has no time for Kyle.

That's interesting.

For what's its worth, I really enjoyed Justice. The TPB that I own is usually my go to whenever I want to showcase DC to my friends.
    It's just below The New Frontier for me for JL/DC Universe showcase stories.

That's interesting.

Oh, it's a great story for new or casual readers. Particularly with the one-two punch of this and Kingdom Come.

lol, I'm dimly aware of Ross' opinions beyond some stuff that makes it way into BTS stuff included in trades but I'm aware he has no time for Kyle.

It's just below The New Frontier for me for JL/DC Universe showcase stories.
    New Frontier, along with All Star Superman, have been the best gateway drugs for getting me hooking people into comics.