Page 195 of 298 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4458

Sure thing, this was just a little over a week ago: https://twitter.com/movieweb/status/1417877186585915393

I never blamed him for the movie's failure and I understood he had unpleasant experience filming it, it started shooting without even having a finished script, the director didn't even want him in the role, he wanted Bradley Cooper but WB insisted on Reynolds. So he's always had my sympathies for what he had to deal with and how it affected his career, but everything he chose to do afterwards was unnecessary. Ten years later for him to still make comments like this about it, even though I share some of his sentiments, just feels stupid. What's mostly been happening since 2011 is WB treating Hal Jordan like they treated Aquaman for all those past years and a lot of that originated from Ryan's shenanigans. And unlike Aquaman, they don't need to look for a Jason Momoa to fix Hal because they don't need to fix Hal, they can use any other GL instead. So my apologies but every once in a while you may get the occasional diatribe about the cards this character was dealt with through no fault of his own.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-02-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A lot of the mocking came from the fact that he and everyone involved basically went through hell with the movie. It was his way of processing his feelings I understand. Sucks that Hal was caught up in the carnage of it all. But yes he did make peace with the film after watching it recently.
    Yeah, from the sounds of it, the making of that film was a giant cluster*&%# on every level. No one seems to have come out with a positive experience. I don't blame Reynolds, Bertalanti, Guggenheim, Johns or anyone else for making fun of themselves for having been a part of it. Besides, the extraordinary amount of charitable work that Reynolds has involved himself with over the years more than makes up any offence that may have unintentionally been taken by us middle-age Hal Jordan fans because the failure of the film torpedoed the character's chances on the corporate level

Dude I'm only a little over 30, I'm not middle-aged yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Same here, but my wife says that I'm just in denial

In other news I'm listening to Doctor DC Podcast with Liam Sharp and he told a story how Grant got involved, which I found rather funny:

- DC asked Morrison if they'd like to do a Green Lantern run.
    - Morrison said that they don't have time for it at the moment due to work related to TV and other projects.
    - Then DC asked, well but how you'd do it if you had enough time.
    - Morrison started throwing around ideas and at some point said fine, I'll do it.

I wonder if whoever was talking with Morrison knew that this would happen or if they were simply fishing for ideas to offer to another writer.

I was referring to the average age of most Hal Jordan fans, not you specifically, but with the way life expectancy is dropping, 30 might soon be middle-aged

Hooray...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    In other news I'm listening to Doctor DC Podcast with Liam Sharp and he told a story how Grant got involved, which I found rather funny:

- Morrison said that they don't have time for it at the moment due to work related to TV and other projects.
    - Morrison started throwing around ideas and at some point said fine, I'll do it.

I wonder if whoever was talking with Morrison knew that this would happen or if they were simply fishing for ideas to offer to another writer.
    He was having dinner with Dan Didio, who no doubt knew how Morrison's big brain works...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was referring to the average age of most Hal Jordan fans, not you specifically, but with the way life expectancy is dropping, 30 might soon be middle-aged

Hooray...
    But is that really the case, I think he's popular with many younger folks who have become fans during the past decade or so. If you have basic knowledge of Green Lantern, you're likely to know about Hal Jordan, especially if you were introduced to the character during the modern DC era.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-02-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Hooray...
    I mean I'm 25 and I'm a green lantern fan because when I was younger I read Green Lantern rebirth. They had it in my school library
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-02-2021 at 07:42 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Unfortunately people championing diversity are pushing this stereotype that only middle-aged white men like straight white male characters. It doesn't help.

Guys, I'm fully aware that many of you are in your 20s and 30s. However, the average DC reader is a middle aged white dude, unfortunately. This does not mean that all of them are, it just means that most are.

So, if I'm speaking in generalities about middle aged Hal Jordan fans, you don't need to point out that you aren't middle aged because at no point did I say you were.

I mean, if I talk about old people dying in their 70s, you don't really need to point out that your mee-mah lived to the ripe ol' age of 93 or your uncle died at 50 from spontaneous combustion.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

But is that really the case, I think he's popular with many younger folks who have become fans during the past decade or so. If you have basic knowledge of Green Lantern, you're likely to know about Hal Jordan, especially if you were introduced to the character during the modern DC era.
    Yeah, I'm 29 lol. I think Hal has gained a lot of younger fans over the past decade or so.

I'm 26, just fyi...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yeah, I'm 29 lol. I think Hal has gained a lot of younger fans over the past decade or so.
    Yeah, I'm one of those between the reprints on Johns run, EO, and Morrison. I think I can count the amount of Silver Age Hal comics I've read on one hand so when people call him him the Silver Age GL it never quite made much sense to me.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Hey. A Resident! That's a fun podcast.

Morrison is a true creative. Get them rolling and they'll just have a story they need to tell.

Also, for fun, I'm 31 but with my family's medical history I'm well into my middle age. Fingers crossed for spontaneous combustion in a rainstorm.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-02-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.